JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Its truly sad to see such a division in this community and frankly I fear it is why we'll lose. Someone saying "I am not going" is derided and ridiculed, pointed to as part of the problem. Instead of 1) Ignoring them or 2) pointing out if they have made a mistake and/or making more of an effort to convince them to participate or 3) listening to their complaints and moving on. Instead it causes nothing but a rift in the community. And like so many times has been pointed out, divided we fail.

It is people stating they wont show because of someone's belief that is the rift.
The rest of us will be there no matter what.

For the most part I agree, however no one was really arguing until one member showed up to say they weren't going and took a jab at religious folks in the process. It wasn't just an innocent post saying they weren't going. Not sure how that post, which could have been left unsaid, is helpful in any way. Perhaps it would have been better to say they weren't going without the unnecessary jab. Better yet, set aside the disdain for a certain group of people and just come together and participate. That would have been more helpful.
Yes, it is such a dreadful persecution of you poor downtrodden christians to ask you to save the sermons for church or someplace they are relevant and to ask you to respect other's right to not have your beliefs forced down their throats.

My second Person to be put on IGNORE Obliviot!!!!

You have the Freedom (here) to PUT DOWN, Christians????

Buh Bye!

philip,

servant to Jesus Christ

WOW that takes a bunch for you to put someone on ignore.
I remembered the discussion about how much it would take
for you to do that and being tolerant of some folks, but when that kind of venom is
spouted, I think that is the best option.

I am afraid I have to do likewise.

Sometimes it is for the best.
This turnout is far too important to be playing word games here anymore.

Last Edited:
This thread is, Only, about the Rally. Who is going to attend! I have (As Taku can verify...) Physical Disabilities.

I was 50/50 on going or Not. My decision was brought to a head, by the disgusting comment(s) by a person I have blocked, because of whe they said.

As Taku referenced, it takes a bunch, to get me to the point of placing "Obliviots" on ignore.

In my regular interactions, her in LaMe County, with BleuJean the Kapital Kounty seat, I have aquainyences, through my youngest child,
Who Are:
Men who wear dreases, and make up.
Straight out homosexuals, including One GranDaughter.
Both Genders who like both genders in bed...
I even have (gasp) Liberal Friends!

But None, put down my life... And remain friends!!!!

I mean what, then would be a friend? So, my point is, I have Tolerance.

Until, I am personally not tolerated.

I do not allow somebody to just make a generalized statement, about My Culture, without reply. Period.

How Crass, How Rude. How Childish...

Now, I will be attending the rally, I will have my sitting AppaRATous with me, as well as food & water, to maintain my needs... And may I be permitted, I will wave a Yellow Flag, with a Rattle Snake Upon it.

:s0054: image.jpg

philip :mad:

Well my situation escalated , I am sitting next to my mother in Medford waiting for emergency surgery......I'm not the most religious person but if any proud Christians want to throw out a prayer I would be greatful....lost my dad a year ago and this last year has just been hell.......wish I was worring about a parking spot at the rally

I've gotta' say, I thought nearly every speaker at the previous rallys was lame in one way or another so I stayed at the sidewalk! Waved my sign and interacted with the people in vehicles! I plan to do the same this time.

Best wishes for your moms recovery, Oli!

I saw the post PBP was talking about. Some huge thing about Obama loving Iran and hating Christians or something. Didn't seem to have any relevance to the rally. Not sure why religion would have any relevance to the rally anyway. If you are religious, be religious, if you aren't, don't be. If the rally were centered around a single religion that was conducting some sort of religious based ceremony in conjunction with the rally, that's one thing. However I don't see anything about any religion and the rally being linked really. Everyone getting all worked up over nothing.

I CAN see where PBP is coming from and hopefully some of you can see his side. Sometimes when the gun owners advocate for gun rights they do so in conjunction with their religious beliefs. This tends to alienate some individuals who would like to support 2nd amendment activities, but choose not to participate in an activity that promotes a religion or it's beliefs.

Now, I'd say that most of these people have their religion as a huge part of their life that intertwines with everything. So, for them, it's only natural that the two would intermingle. However, it does put off a negative vibe to people who choose not to be a part of that religion.

IMO politics and religion are separate and should be kept separate. If you want a large turnout at your 2A rally then make it about the 2nd Amendment and not about your religious beliefs AND the 2nd Amendment.

Despite a disconnected religious rant by one guy on their facebook, I don't see any other connection in this case.

I hate Facebook... never have used it, never will. Hearing about what people actually post on it, Facebook is analogous to a person afflicted with a case of Downs Syndrome and listening to them sing. o_O

(No offense to anyone affected by DS intended in any way)

Like so.....

Yes, it is such a dreadful persecution of you poor downtrodden christians to ask you to save the sermons for church or someplace they are relevant and to ask you to respect other's right to not have your beliefs forced down their throats.

My personal beliefs are irrelevant to the conversation about the rally. I would hope for better from you PP than to resort to a personal insult rather than try and stick with facts. I could care less if there is a Christian, Muslim or Atheist there at the rally speaking. I could care less whether a speaker mentions religion or doesn't mention religion. The whole point has been to come together, as a group, in support of our 2nd amendment rights (as well as some others). I'm sorry you got so offended at a previous rally and can't get past that, but really, what does that have to do with standing up for the 2nd amendment? People from all walks of life support the 2nd, and guess what, supporting the second doesn't mean laying down the 1st. If someone at these rallies wants to pray, let them pray. If someone wants to pay tribute to the flying spaghetti monster, let them. If someone wants to say they'll cling to their guns until they day they pass into a non-religious oblivion, then fine.

I'm not going to let the fact that what some other people believe doesn't jive with what I believe stop me from being there. Why? Because this is more important than what other people's religious or philosophical beliefs happen to be. On the day of the rally, we all are there to exercise the 1st in support of the 2nd. Period.

You state you want to ask folks to "respect other's right to not have your beliefs forced down their throats". Um, isn't that exactly what YOU are doing? Seems a bit hypocritical that to satisfy your own sensibilities your must force others to not express their right to express their beliefs.

As for saving sermons for the church, I'm unfamiliar with the requirement under the 1st amendment to keep your personal beliefs to yourself in a private place. I must have missed that part. As for the rest of it, I don't want to see this thread shut down for religious discussion, so I'll just leave it at that.

I saw the post PBP was talking about. Some huge thing about Obama loving Iran and hating Christians or something. Didn't seem to have any relevance to the rally. Not sure why religion would have any relevance to the rally anyway. If you are religious, be religious, if you aren't, don't be. If the rally were centered around a single religion that was conducting some sort of religious based ceremony in conjunction with the rally, that's one thing. However I don't see anything about any religion and the rally being linked really. Everyone getting all worked up over nothing.

I CAN see where PBP is coming from and hopefully some of you can see his side. Sometimes when the gun owners advocate for gun rights they do so in conjunction with their religious beliefs. This tends to alienate some individuals who would like to support 2nd amendment activities, but choose not to participate in an activity that promotes a religion or it's beliefs.

Now, I'd say that most of these people have their religion as a huge part of their life that intertwines with everything. So, for them, it's only natural that the two would intermingle. However, it does put off a negative vibe to people who choose not to be a part of that religion.

IMO politics and religion are separate and should be kept separate. If you want a large turnout at your 2A rally then make it about the 2nd Amendment and not about your religious beliefs AND the 2nd Amendment.

Despite a disconnected religious rant by one guy on their facebook, I don't see any other connection in this case.

You make some good points Norm. While I'm a bit off-put by PBP's reason for not going, I have to say I was never going expecting to see or hear anything religious in nature. Nothing seemed to indicate that would be the case in any of the info I've seen. But with all this in mind, take a look at the official event notice on the Heirs of Patrick Henry Facebook page:

We can no longer afford the luxury of waiting to "react" when infringements are proposed. We must get ahead of it, and let our hired hands know that the behavior will not be tolerated. ~J.d. Parks

This is a constitution and liberty rally. All inherent and constitutionally protected liberty is relevant and will be thoroughly discussed by speakers of same sound mind.

Will you kneel down and lick the boots of tyrants, who are dedicated to violate your inherent liberties in the name of enhanced "safety" or will you stand and fight the oath breaking and constitutional violations? I ask you to stand and join us to remind those elected that they work for the people and their only job is to protect our liberties.

Allowing oneself to be manipulated by anti-rights advocate groups is the blatant violation of the constitution and the liberties they've sworn to uphold.

This rally, by their own direction, is to stand up for the constitution and for liberty, not just the 2nd amendment. I find it a bit concerning that there are folks who think that people should put away their other constitutional rights in favor of only one. Isn't that what the founders fought against in the first place? Aren't we supposed to stand up for freedom and liberty even if we don't agree with another person's personal beliefs?

I'm sorry, but what good is it to have a rally where there is an asterisk noting that we'll support all constitutional rights and liberties, just keep your mouth shut if you have a religious point of view. That just seems to spit in the face of exactly what this rally is supposed to support.

I'll be there supporting all of our rights, primarily the 2nd, but also the 1st. And I won't be proselytizing anyone, it's simply not something I do. I hope everyone can put their petty differences aside and make a big showing. It's more important than personal biases. The fact that we can even have this conversation right now is a great thing. People disagree, that's awesome. Let's not crush the freedom to do just that. I strongly support the rights of people to have a faith or not have a faith. I also support everyone's right to express their particular point of view. And I'm not going to stay home for fear that someone may offend me in a large public gathering. If I did, I'd probably never leave the house.

Last Edited:
Everyone seems to forget that The Constitution and Liberty and the BOR was all born of Freedom OF religion, not freedom from religion.
But the origin of the country doesn't seem to mean much anymore to most.........
The rally has much to do with keeping those rights and that intent they were born of.
The 2nd was designed to hold it all together, by giving the people the right to defend it all.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I'll listen to whatever, if I am not interested in what they are saying I'll space off some but that's about it.

I am not a religious person but will listen , I am not gay but I will listen. It's words, they aren't punching me in the face.

It's for the cause , I have sucked up a lot worse for a lot less of a cause....words are only a temporary inconvenience to my ears.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I'll listen to whatever, if I am not interested in what they are saying I'll space off some but that's about it.

I am not a religious person but will listen , I am not gay but I will listen. It's words, they aren't punching me in the face.

It's for the cause , I have sucked up a lot worse for a lot less of a cause....words are only a temporary inconvenience to my ears.

Well said :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews