JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
In New York the gun owners are not (legally) allowed to do anywhere near what you can here, still the anti-gun people want more there, here and everywhere. No matter what law is passed, it will not be enough to them. The anti-gun people are not going to be satisfied until all civilians (legally) can not own firearms. So who cares what you think Lance. You'll never be satisfied. And after you get the actions like the people in the picture above outlawed. People will still not comply with your bogus wanna be laws. I notice you still keep ignoring that there are 14 exemptions to carrying a concealed firearm. 13 hold the exact same legal weight to carry concealed as a concealed permit (but without that extra permission). 2 specific exemptions effect almost every Oregonian & Washington resident & they never need to go get that extra permission slip known as a permit :eek:

In New York the gun owners are not (legally) allowed to do anywhere near what you can here, still the anti-gun people want more there, here and everywhere. No matter what law is passed, it will not be enough to them. The anti-gun people are not going to be satisfied until all civilians (legally) can not own firearms. So who cares what you think Lance. You'll never be satisfied.

Me, be satisfied? What the hell? I am planning to attend on the 9th. Are you going to be there? I challenge you to attend and post some photos of the event, which I plan to do.

The fellow in this photo has already done everything he needed to do in order to get new legislation past about bringing guns into the Washington state legislature. If you think that it is your God given right to be able to go into the legislature and intimidate our elected representatives at gun point, well, you are wrong about that.

I notice you still keep ignoring that there are 14 exemptions to carrying a concealed firearm. 13 hold the exact same legal weight to carry concealed as a concealed permit (but without that extra permission). 2 specific exemptions effect almost every Oregonian & Washington resident & they never need to go get that extra permission slip known as a permit :eek:

Yes, and like a broken record, I see you keep posting this over, and over, and over, and over, and over again here in this thread about the protest, like you are some sort of broken record, unable to exert any self-control over yourself. Do you actually think that continuing to repeat this nonsense is going to make me support your position that people can forgo getting a CHL in Oregon in order to carry concealed?

Dude, you can continue to repeat yourself until Doomsday for all I care.

What exactly is your point of continuing to argue on this matter here in this thread about the protest? Are you actually trying to convince people to illegally carry concealed at the protest?

If so, then please do that yourself on the 9th at the protest, and post some photos of yourself doing it.

Last Edited:
Do you actually think that continuing to repeat this nonsense is going to make me support your position that people can forgo getting a CHL in Oregon in order to carry concealed?
Are you actually trying to convince people to illegally carry concealed at the protest?
They will be legally carrying concealed at the protest if they plan their day accordingly. For you to suggest that the other 13 exemptions to legally carry concealed in Oregon should be ignored simply because you don't like that the law allows almost every Oregonian to do so, shows where you stand. You don't have to forego getting a chl in Oregon to carry concealed if you don't want to, you're free to get permission with a chl if you like. :D

They will be legally carrying concealed at the protest if they plan their day accordingly. For you to suggest that the other 13 exemptions to legally carry concealed in Oregon should be ignored simply because you don't like that the law allows almost every Oregonian to do so, shows where you stand. You don't have to forego getting a chl in Oregon to carry concealed if you don't want to, you're free to get permission with a chl if you like. :D

I personally challenge you to show up at the event, and produce proof that you did.

You, no doubt, do not care one bit at all about participating in this event, or standing up for our rights as gun owners. So are so self-absorbed that all you care about are these silly little rants of yours, and nothing else. Your sole interest here is this personal little crusade that you are on regarding carrying concealed. You could not be a more self-centered person.

I certainly will be there. I will probably take both photos, and maybe even a few video clips of speakers.

I sure hope that they have some good speakers slated to talk, and don't have anyone speak that will embarrass gun owners. People like yourself, for example.

I have gone to the last two and I suggest everyone goes. Except the guy in the store bought camo that swept the crowd of course.

I would like to suggest we try a weekend event sometime though. I get why people want to do this during the week but the turnout was really weak last year.

I have gone to the last two and I suggest everyone goes. Except the guy in the store bought camo that swept the crowd of course.

I would like to suggest we try a weekend event sometime though. I get why people want to do this during the week but the turnout was really weak last year.

We definitely need to have a very strong turnout this year. This is going to be a very crucial year. Much more so than I think that many here realize. And that is because it is an odd numbered long legislative session year.

The legislature gets a lot more done in these long session years. The even numbered short session years have such a brief session that the legislature meets in that it has barely enough time to deal with its basic budget duties, let alone anything else. Major new legislation is often left to be done in these long session years. If we can block new legislation this year, the odds of the gun control proponents getting anything through next year in a short session will be a lot less. And then there will be an election at the end of next year, when hopefully some improvements in the balance of power between Republicans and Democrats in the legislature can be made.

So really, let's have a big turnout on the 9th.

I certainly don't want to show up with my Sony camera, and find that I just have a tiny crowd to photograph and video.

Last Edited:
I'm new to Oregon and new to the 2A scene here but I will be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

My wife spotted something on Facebook about this yesterday and passed it along to me. Is this not planned to be a 2nd Amendment rally? If so, it looks like others are planning to make it about other things too. I wonder if mixing a bunch of different ideas in one rally isn't going to dilute the 2nd Amendment message? Has anyone else heard anything about other groups planning to jump in on this too? How do you feel about that? Besides gun control, they mention common core and climate change.

Click on the file below to see a screen shot from one person's Facebook post. I don't like to share other's personal info without their permission, so I crossed out the names, but you can see what they're discussing.

Capture1.JPG

My wife spotted something on Facebook about this yesterday and passed it along to me. Is this not planned to be a 2nd Amendment rally? If so, it looks like others are planning to make it about other things too. I wonder if mixing a bunch of different ideas in one rally isn't going to dilute the 2nd Amendment message? Has anyone else heard anything about other groups planning to jump in on this too? How do you feel about that? Besides gun control, they mention common core and climate change.

Click on the file below to see a screen shot from one person's Facebook post. I don't like to share other's personal info without their permission, so I crossed out the names, but you can see what they're discussing.

This rally was originally planned by, and is organized by the Heirs of Patrick Henry Northwest, it was intended to be a "Constitution and Liberty" rally. Obviously 2nd Amendment is a big piece of that. Below are the links to the group's and event's Facebook pages, the group does not appear to have a non-facebook website:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506725609614603/
https://www.facebook.com/events/882773421735610/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Links to other information about the group and event:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...M-RALLY-9-FEB-2015-The-Heirs-of-Patrick-Henry
<broken link removed>
http://www.gofundme.com/hpfu0o

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression this was focused on 2A rights. Perhaps the fact that it focuses on other issues as well may encourage even more to attend from other places and other interests.

Hopefully I won't freeze my teets off this year. I couldn't dress warm enough the last two years. The coffee wagon was a nice touch last year.

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression this was focused on 2A rights. Perhaps the fact that it focuses on other issues as well may encourage even more to attend from other places and other interests.

Well, the big topic of the year is going to be taxation. There will definitely be an attempt to overhaul Oregon's current taxation system and replace it with something new.

The legislature needs a lot more money to do the things that it wants to do. Higher taxes on the rich and businesses is almost a given. As well as pushing for a substantial increase in the minimum wage, and mandatory sick leave for all workers.

And the Greens are going to make a a major push to implement a carbon tax in Oregon. And that could become a very insidious hidden tax that could affect the economy adversely. The most insane feature of these Carbon tax proposals is that they are not going to count Oregon's cheap and environmentally friendly hydroelectric power as being a renewable energy. So even it is going to be taxed as being bad energy, which is really nuts.

Make many signs pointing the legislators into the right direction. By that I mean give them an avenue to do the best with the existing laws we have already on the books, no need for knee jerk laws that will only appease the liberal gun haters.
"TARGET CRIMINALS, STOP JUSTICE DEPT. PLEA BARGAINING, MAKE CRIMINALS PAY THE PRICE FOR THE CRIMES THEY COMMIT & BUILD MORE PRISONS for god sake"!!!!!
This will send a message ONLY if the turnout is LARGE!!!
Don't be like the lackeys in WA. (the pro 2A liberals gun owners who voted FOR I594) and those who sat on the couch instead of rallying for the cause!!!!! It was purely pathetic.:mad:

Make many signs pointing the legislators into the right direction. By that I mean give them an avenue to do the best with the existing laws we have already on the books, no need for knee jerk laws that will only appease the liberal gun haters.
"TARGET CRIMINALS, STOP JUSTICE DEPT. PLEA BARGAINING, MAKE CRIMINALS PAY THE PRICE FOR THE CRIMES THEY COMMIT & BUILD MORE PRISONS for god sake"!!!!!
This will send a message ONLY if the turnout is LARGE!!!

The amount of plea bargaining that is going on here in Oregon is really getting seriously out of hand.

Here where I live in Lane County is perhaps the worst of all. Our local DA is no longer even bothering to prosecute most non-violent misdemeanors. He says that his budget simply no longer has enough money to prosecute all crimes, so criminals are simply being released with no charges filed. Small time hoods in Lane County are being let go scott free.

Even worse, he says that he cannot afford to prosecute most felons and take them to trial too. Even serious Measure 11 felonies are now being plea bargained down to lower charges, so that the DA can save the costs of going to trial.

Recently Eugene police caught a man who violently raped and sodomized a little 12 yr old girl in the city's big Alton Baker Park. Eugene police charged him with first degree rape and sodomy. It was a cut and dried case, with multiple witnesses and DNA evidence.

However, our DA plea bargained the crime down to only 2nd degree rape and 2nd degree sodomy, despite the fact that there was overwhelming evidence that the rape had been violently forced on the child.

With his time served, this child rapist will thus be out walking on the streets again in just 5 1/2 years!!

Amazing that a piece of bubblegum like this can get off so easy: jpeg.jpg

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/32683969-75/man-convicted-of-alton-baker-park-rape.html.csp

Un-bubblegum-believable!!!!

Most plea bargain the gun charges!!!! This is where the antis should place the majority of their effort to good use but we all know they could give a crap about curbing gun violence they only want to control the gun people!!!!

Last Edited:
We're going to the rally, as a family. My wife and daughter are joining me. As we're a home-school family, we're seeing this as a valuable learning opportunity for our daughter, and showing her that her parents won't quietly sit back when our rights are on the line. We'll be there to support the 2nd, but also our other rights, including our rights to oversee and choose the best education for our daughter. Hopefully a lot of folks will be able to show up.

It does look like Education is the biggest priority for the legislature and the Governor this year. It looks like most of these new proposed taxes are going to be spent funding the Governor's new education initiatives. No doubt that is how these tax increases will be justified.

The folks in Salem seem to believe that the serious problems with Oregon's public education system can be solved simply by pouring more money into the system.

Just add a lot more money, and the schools will then start getting the job done. It appears that is the mindset.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads