JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Reactions
Pardon if this was already posted. I scanned for a thread, but didn't see one.

Mark you calendars: February 9th, 8:00am at the Capitol in Salem.

The Heirs of Patrick Henry - Northwest are organizing a rally at the Capitol at the beginning of the second week of the 2015 Legislative Session to send a message to those in the OR legislature:

We have seen the travesty that is I-594 in Washington. We have heard Bloomberg and his cronies vowing to bring Oregon under his boot heel in 2015. We will not stand for it. We will not lie down. We will NOT accept more gun control.

When the nation as a whole is leaning toward expanding (and restoring) rights for firearm owners, Oregon's now Democrat-controlled legislature is pushing to further subjugate its citizens.

If you're planning on attending (and I urge you to be there and make your voice heard), let them know at the event post.

Ill be there.
The hardest part about a rally is what firearm(s) to bring.

Before you misguided flamers get on me,
Im an OC advocate.. its who I am.

By OCing I am expressing myself.
This is no different than any other activist/advocate at their fruity cause.
You all need to realize this.

I also actively live a
"defensive lifestyle" (carry everyday)
and Ill be damned if some cowtowing secret shame gun owner is going to tell me not to carry. You can take that opinion and shove it.

To those who embrace freedom and their rights, Ill see you at the rally carrying as well.

Ill be one of the taller guys there
(probably with an AK. :))

Ill be there.
The hardest part about a rally is what firearm(s) to bring.

Before you misguided flamers get on me,
Im an OC advocate.. its who I am.

By OCing I am expressing myself.
This is no different than any other activist/advocate at their fruity cause.
You all need to realize this.

I also actively live a
"defensive lifestyle" (carry everyday)
and Ill be damned if some cowtowing secret shame gun owner is going to tell me not to carry. You can take that opinion and shove it.

To those who embrace freedom and their rights, Ill see you at the rally carrying as well.

Ill be one of the taller guys there
(probably with an AK. :))

Glad to hear it, brother! If you're looking over the rest of the heads and see another tall guy, but with an AR, wave! That's probably me. ;)

On a side note, I contacted Kevin Starrett at Oregon Firearms Federation this afternoon. Those on the mailing list should expect an OFF Alert about the rally in the future. He has held off on announcing it so far, as he didn't want to announce it too early, and for it to fade from memory as the date approaches.

And this rally is in response to which proposed bill ??
Sometimes a rally that has no fight on line calls more attention
and brings a fight where there might not be one.
Just puzzled about the reason for the rally ?
I will go to all rally that have real purpose, but I hope this is not
to just stir up a problem ?? Seriously, I am puzzled about what the rally is for.
I had not even heard there would be one til tonight. I follow the bills daily and
do not see any yet. Just don't kick a quiet hornets nest. And if you do kick it have
the biggest turnout that its possible to get so they are overwhelmed and not
just enabled.
Tiny rallys bring out all the anti's and empower them.

And this rally is in response to which proposed bill ??
Sometimes a rally that has no fight on line calls more attention
and brings a fight where there might not be one.
Just puzzled about the reason for the rally ?
I will go to all rally that have real purpose, but I hope this is not
to just stir up a problem ?? Seriously, I am puzzled about what the rally is for.
I had not even heard there would be one til tonight.

The first one that has been introduced expands the "no-carry" to municipal and justice courts. If you don't think there will be a flood of others by the time the session begins, you're deluding yourself. The grabbers have declared their intent to introduce an I-594-like UBC bill, "assault weapon" bans, a lead-ammo ban, a mag capacity restriction, "mental health evaluations" for CHLs, the list goes on. They now have the clear majority, so there's little doubt that the floodgates will open this session.

And if you do kick it have
the biggest turnout that its possible to get so they are overwhelmed and not
just enabled.
Tiny rallys bring out all the anti's and empower them.

That's one reason the planning is starting so soon. Rather than a slapdash affair, it needs to be large and organized. Waiting until all the bills are proposed would give little time to respond (they know this, and they love it). This way. we are prepared for when (not if) the bills materialize.

The first one that has been introduced expands the "no-carry" to municipal and justice courts. If you don't think there will be a flood of others by the time the session begins, you're deluding yourself. The grabbers have declared their intent to introduce an I-594-like UBC bill, "assault weapon" bans, a lead-ammo ban, a mag capacity restriction, "mental health evaluations" for CHLs, the list goes on. They now have the clear majority, so there's little doubt that the floodgates will open this session.

That's one reason the planning is starting so soon. Rather than a slapdash affair, it needs to be large and organized. Waiting until all the bills are proposed would give little time to respond (they know this, and they love it). This way. we are prepared for when (not if) the bills materialize.

"The first one that has been introduced expands the "no-carry" to municipal and justice courts."

Ok I see. I didn't think there were any that were actually bills yet.
OK I do remember that one. Judges already have discretion to do that.
There needs not be a law on it :mad:
After a long summer and surgeries and no work, I am finally back to working Fridays and Saturdays and even hell freezing over won't get me away from keeping that job, but I will send someone in my place till things get back to normal here if they fall on thoise two days..
This one looks like its on Monday, if so we'll be there. Weekdays are far better to hold rallies, as people are actually there.
This entire years just sucks in 7 directions. In WA and OR :mad:

Last Edited:
Weekdays are far better to hold rallies, as people are actually there.
This entire years just sucks in 7 directions. In WA and OR :mad:

Yeah, the only down side to having them when the gov't workers are at work is that most of us work then, too. I'm gonna be taking a vacation day to be at this one.

The organizers need to do a better job than they did last year with vetting the speakers. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that didn't appreciate being repeatedly swept with the business end of a rifle by some azz hat on the podium. I don't agree with the show off your guns and bring them into the capitol building crowd, and understand that they have their own opinions. But unsafe gun handling while trying to prove our point of responsible citizenship is just plain wrong.

The organizers need to do a better job than they did last year with vetting the speakers. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that didn't appreciate being repeatedly swept with the business end of a rifle by some azz hat on the podium. I don't agree with the show off your guns and bring them into the capitol building crowd, and understand that they have their own opinions. But unsafe gun handling while trying to prove our point of responsible citizenship is just plain wrong.

I wasn't at that one, but if the speakers were sweeping the crowd like you say, then it does us no favors in the PR arena

Firearms legal for law enforcement are legal for anyone who wants to enforce a law. If any law is righteous, then that law would extend to anyone capable of enforcing such law. To hinder arms is to amputate that capability.

If a bunch of guys in camo's carrying AK's/AR's show we will be dismissed by the elected officials and the media as a group of radical gun nuts. On the other hand, if you have your wife's, girl friends, mothers show up carrying professional signs saying "I have a God given right to protect my children, don't deny my right to do so." it would go a lot further. The anti's have figured out how to use the mom's and kids. Time we woke up and did the same. Past protests of carrying AK's/AR's and shouting, "it's my right", have not produced any positive results for us. Learn from the past and change the approach and message to something new that may produce better results.

However let ot be known that isnt part of the OC crowd just as not all mexicans and blacks are cartel gangsters or thugs.
In every aspect there are always idiots who do not represent the community as whole.. They are merely idiots.

If a bunch of guys in camo's carrying AK's/AR's show we will be dismissed by the elected officials and the media as a group of radical gun nuts. On the other hand, if you have your wife's, girl friends, mothers show up carrying professional signs saying "I have a God given right to protect my children, don't deny my right to do so." it would go a lot further. The anti's have figured out how to use the mom's and kids. Time we woke up and did the same. Past protests of carrying AK's/AR's and shouting, "it's my right", have not produced any positive results for us. Learn from the past and change the approach and message to something new that may produce better results.
I agree with half of your statement. The lesser known firearms and 2A rights advocates need to step up, it is not us OCers who need to stand down.

Last Edited:
There are those that prefer to live alone in the woods with minimal contact with others, and I don't begrudge them their lifestyle. But that's not how the majority of us live.

The thing we don't need is people in cammo, armed with AKs and ARs, pretending to be badazzes and walking into the capitol building during a legislative session. Those turning this into their personal Rambo, militia exhibition are selfishly driving people away in the name of their own little parade and pity party. That does nothing to help convince the public that we're responsible citizens standing up for our rights.

I'm planning on being there. I hope this will be a very large group and that the media is there to show the large amount of support for our rights.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads