JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
good luck to you all, hopefully you get in more folks than the last coupe, doubt its ever as strong as the first one.....judging by the decline of the last couple. Here's to less critics and more good people in the crowd.

good luck to you all, hopefully you get in more folks than the last coupe, doubt its ever as strong as the first one.....judging by the decline of the last couple. Here's to less critics and more good people in the crowd.

Well, the threat is far more dangerous this year than earlier years.

One would hope that gun owners would realize that and show up.

And while no one is saying anything yet beyond UBC, you can bet that the far left folks will try to get other legislation through. This year is their big opportunity.

They are not going to sit on their duffs, nor should we.

family first for me this year.....got my mom at home with me waiting for back surgery wheel chair bound....but I actually could have made it still but because my wife would be around that day to look out for my mom.......then my wife broke her foot 2 days ago.....her right foot, and one of those non weight bearing type breaks so no hobbling even, she cant drive, shop..... so yeah , no rally for me I cant leave them like that ....its a little haul from the Rogue Valley

I think that we should all be aware that this rally is sponsored by heirs of Patrick Henry, and that there will be speakers that talk about topics other than 2A rights. In past rallies, some were disappointed that some seemed to be off topic. Just wanted people to be aware of multiple themes. And if you get the chance, would not hurt to personally thank the organizers. They're the ones that had to take care of the permits, sound system, comfort stations, security, and so forth. IMHO, it takes a certain dedication to the cause to go to all that work. If at all possible, we all need to be there as the foot soldiers and provide not only support, but the backbone to sacrifice and show the legislators, press, and controllers that we are also dedicated to our cause.

Pardon if this was already posted. I scanned for a thread, but didn't see one.

Mark you calendars: February 9th, 8:00am at the Capitol in Salem.

The Heirs of Patrick Henry - Northwest are organizing a rally at the Capitol at the beginning of the second week of the 2015 Legislative Session to send a message to those in the OR legislature:

We have seen the travesty that is I-594 in Washington. We have heard Bloomberg and his cronies vowing to bring Oregon under his boot heel in 2015. We will not stand for it. We will not lie down. We will NOT accept more gun control.

When the nation as a whole is leaning toward expanding (and restoring) rights for firearm owners, Oregon's now Democrat-controlled legislature is pushing to further subjugate its citizens.

If you're planning on attending (and I urge you to be there and make your voice heard), let them know at the event post.

With the particle charges that seem to be running through the veins of the liberal politicos that we have in Oregon, This rally needs to be a nuclear one and jobs, or other plans need to be side lined this year to attend this one. Any weak showing and all it is going to do is embolden those leftist clowns to take your gun rights away. We will be there, but pray that this will be far bigger turnout than we think it might be.
If folks do not take this serious, they pretty much deserve what they will get. Except they will doom the rest of us also.
Take the time, take the day off, take your friends and neighbors, and make these left wing milk toasts crap their diapers.
Please make this the biggest rally ever. Lets not end up like Washington did this year !!!
CLOG THE ROADS WITH VEHICLES GOING THERE

I am seeing 38 votes, so is that all here of the 40K that are supposed to be here, that has looked at the rally thread.... Has anyone tried to get this out to a wider audience ? There will be no showing there if only 38 people here saw this ????????????????????

Ostriches, Apathy and everything the gun grabbers like to see :(:(:(
Everyone on this forum should see this or what is the use........................

With the particle charges that seem to be running through the veins of the liberal politicos that we have in Oregon, This rally needs to be a nuclear one and jobs, or other plans need to be side lined this year to attend this one. Any weak showing and all it is going to do is embolden those leftist clowns to take your gun rights away. We will be there, but pray that this will be far bigger turnout than we think it might be.
If folks do not take this serious, they pretty much deserve what they will get. Except they will doom the rest of us also.
Take the time, take the day off, take your friends and neighbors, and make these left wing milk toasts crap their diapers.
Please make this the biggest rally ever. Lets not end up like Washington did this year !!!
CLOG THE ROADS WITH VEHICLES GOING THERE

I'm taking a day off work and my wife and daughter are joining me, so you can count 3!

These are just a few organizations promoting the rally:
Freedom Works Oregon
Oregon Council on Firearm Rights
Heirs of Patrick Henry Northwest (organizers)
Oregon Firearms Federation

Let's be real, our little forum here isn't doing squat compared to other organizations. I challenge members here to find and post the preliminary list of speakers. It's out there, just need to dig for it. Get more involved, join other sites, use social media to get the word out. Can't stress how vital it is that we all become a part of the movement. The alternative is that we wiss and moan later about how to repeal the upcoming laws. We just need to look at what happened in Washington and decide if we want to be proactive or work on damage control.

If I could I'd like the last four posts about a hundred times. I'm taking a day of vacation to come as well. A weekday rally is less convenient than a weekend rally, but it will get the attention of our legislators. A little inconvenience now will save a lot of pain later.

Just do it - and don't forget to nag your state legislator and the crook - I mean Governor...

Last Edited:
I'll up the anti, I am from Olympia Washington and I WILL BE ATTENDING this rally!!!!
The complacent worthless Washatonians showed that they could care less about their 2A rights by not voting at all or by voting for it and rolled over to let the rich Un-American gun haters march right through the capital and buy them straight out!!!
Don't be fools and let this happen, you are the only state on the left coast that can make a stand. DO IT!!!

And a small prayer that it doesn't rain until the rally is over... Not that it would keep me from going, but the AK might catch a cold. :)

I'll up the anti, I am from Olympia Washington and I WILL BE ATTENDING this rally!!!!
The complacent worthless Washatonians showed that they could care less about their 2A rights by not voting at all or by voting for it and rolled over to let the rich Un-American gun haters march right through the capital and buy them straight out!!!
Don't be fools and let this happen, you are the only state on the left coast that can make a stand. DO IT!!!

With 40,000 forum members, there are likely 15,000 from Oregon. Probably 5,000 of those live within easy driving distance from Salem, and LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF THOSE HAVE INDICATED THEY WILL ATTEND. It's not like we haven't known for several weeks so we couldn't make plans. Maybe I should just hand my guns over to Burdick, Prozanski, and Kitzhaber now and promise never to bite my pb&j into a suggestive shape. :mad:

A heartfelt thank you to Caveman Jim for driving several hours to help out his Southern neighbors.

With 40,000 forum members, there are likely 15,000 from Oregon. Probably 5,000 of those live within easy driving distance from Salem, and LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF THOSE HAVE INDICATED THEY WILL ATTEND. It's not like we haven't known for several weeks so we couldn't make plans. Maybe I should just hand my guns over to Burdick, Prozanski, and Kitzhaber now and promise never to bite my pb&j into a suggestive shape. :mad:

A heartfelt thank you to Caveman Jim for driving several hours to help out his Southern neighbors.

I second that Jim, Too bad more don't have that inner drive of yours. We wouldn't have to worry at all then.

Chew on this a bit

If Oregon governor quits amid scandal, is gun control derailed?

Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber, who testified last year in support of expanded background check legislation and has backed other gun control proposals, has been called upon to resign by the Portland Oregonian, the newspaper that backed his re-election.

<broken link removed>

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews