JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To anyone considering Vernonia.......we have a vetting process. You've been warned.

E

You are leaving yourself open for some Vernowhere jokes you know.

Does the vetting process require an excessive alcohol consumption test at the Cedarside Inn ?

Do you have to put a rusted out 1982 Chev 4x4 in your front yard on blocks ?

Do you have to buy 3 freezers to store all your poached elk and salmon meat in ??

No offense meant, I know good people, wealthy people who live up there and a lot of people drive to Portland every day to work. That is hardcore in itself especially in the winter months.

You are leaving yourself open for some Vernowhere jokes you know.

Does the vetting process require an excessive alcohol consumption test at the Cedarside Inn ?

Do you have to put a rusted out 1982 Chev 4x4 in your front yard on blocks ?

Do you have to buy 3 freezers to store all your poached elk and salmon meat in ??

No offense meant, I know good people, wealthy people who live up there and a lot of people drive to Portland every day to work. That is hardcore in itself especially in the winter months.

You left off the two single wides spliced together to make a double wide......which actually happened in Buxton. Engineering genius right there!

E

I would highly recommend the Damascus/Sandy area. Crime in what used to be the City of Damascus is almost non-existent. When we got our own zip code (97089), which separated us from Gresham statistically, our homeowners insurance and auto insurance bills were cut nearly in half. Our place was about a mile south of the Persimmon golf course. Beautiful country with large expensive houses going up on anywhere from an acre to 15 acres, and with the demise of Damascus as a city it's all back in Clackamas County now.

We did most of our business in Sandy and we were an hour closer to Mt. Hood and the Deschutes River than if we'd located in Hillsboro. I could leave the house and be salmon fishing on the Sandy River in 15 minutes. We raised sheep and the neighbors all knew that if they heard a shot in the middle of the night it was me dealing with a coyote. I never could stand the rat maze that is the west side of the Portland metro area.

I'm very relieved that I no longer have to travel to the WTC in downtown Portland everyday for work. It took me about 20 minutes each way. Downtown Portland is an oozing pustule on the butt of Oregon. It thinks it's a world class city, but it's really just Fresno with rain. Portland tries too hard to be cool, just like the 13 year old with braces and the stupid hat, and it just comes off as sad.

Last Edited:
I would highly recommend the Damascus/Sandy area. Crime in what used to be the City of Damascus is almost non-existent. When we got our own zip code (97089), which separated us from Gresham statistically, our homeowners insurance and auto insurance bills were cut nearly in half. Our place was about a mile south of the Persimmon golf course. Beautiful country with large expensive houses going up on anywhere from an acre to 15 acres, and with the demise of Damascus as a city it's all back in Clackamas County now.

We did most of our business in Sandy and we were an hour closer to Mt. Hood and the Deschutes River than if we'd located in Hillsboro. I could leave the house and be salmon fishing on the Sandy River in 15 minutes. We raised sheep and the neighbors all knew that if they heard a shot in the middle of the night it was me dealing with a coyote. I never could stand the rat maze that is the west side of the Portland metro area.

I'm very relieved that I no longer have to travel to the WTC in downtown Portland everyday for work. It took me about 20 minutes each way. Downtown Portland is an oozing pustule on the butt of Oregon. It thinks it's a world class city, but it's really just Fresno with rain. Portland tries too hard to be cool, just like the 13 year old with braces and the stupid hat, and it just comes off as sad.

"Fresno with rain" ..."13 year old with braces and stupid hat" trying too hard to be cool. You made me laugh. Thanks for that. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top