JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and we don't know if this is propaganda or not, but a Ukraine farming community banned together, blew their local bridge and destroyed a Russian armored column of 30 vehicles, using British AT rockets, Shop keepers, old house wife's and farmers defended their town
of course, they know Russia will be back in force to rebuild their bridge and drive into Ukraine, but the first time, they bloodied Putin's nose!

would our NW farm communities do the same?
I saw that story last night on the BBC.
I believe it.
Imagine a 19 year old Russian getting whacked by an angry farmer with a 9.3 x 62 hunting rifle.

and we don't know if this is propaganda or not, but a Ukraine farming community banned together, blew their local bridge and destroyed a Russian armored column of 30 vehicles, using British AT rockets, Shop keepers, old house wife's and farmers defended their town
of course, they know Russia will be back in force to rebuild their bridge and drive into Ukraine, but the first time, they bloodied Putin's nose!

We are still pretty sheltered as to "it can happen here", so I don't think currently most people would be predisposed to take action. That said, during emergencies some people rise and some people fall. I do think a rural community would be FAR more likely to take action early on than pampered city folk.

Yea sadly though big tech is working hard to show only what they want you to see. We are mostly seeing civilian deaths info regarding Ukraine's loses. There was a clip on twitter that was reshown on Youtube of them stopping busses of foreign guys coming in to "join the fight". The guy boarded the bus and told them 95% of you will be dead by tomorrow if you have visions of glory go home. There were rumors of groups of guys getting together to get inside Ukraine show their passports and say "Look we were here to fight" only to turn around and leave the country. Ukraine posted some international notes for guys to stop coming. Watch Poland's news channel, they show how brutal it is. They also tell about things western media is ignoring like Russian using foreign cell phone signals as beacon to target for attacks. Aide workers in Poland are seeing huge numbers in the low 1000's of combatants from Britain and other nations coming out of Ukraine having been obliterated by the Russians. 2 days ago they reported 1400 casualties and $400 million estimated* military gear destroyed on 1 training base near Polish border from missile attack. Misinformation is out there but 1000 guys bloodied pouring into aide stations retreating are not making up false stories.

Yea sadly though big tech is working hard to show only what they want you to see. We are mostly seeing civilian deaths info regarding Ukraine's loses. There was a clip on twitter that was reshown on Youtube of them stopping busses of foreign guys coming in to "join the fight". The guy boarded the bus and told them 95% of you will be dead by tomorrow if you have visions of glory go home. There were rumors of groups of guys getting together to get inside Ukraine show their passports and say "Look we were here to fight" only to turn around and leave the country. Ukraine posted some international notes for guys to stop coming. Watch Poland's news channel, they show how brutal it is. They also tell about things western media is ignoring like Russian using foreign cell phone signals as beacon to target for attacks. Aide workers in Poland are seeing huge numbers in the low 1000's of combatants from Britain and other nations coming out of Ukraine having been obliterated by the Russians. 2 days ago they reported 1400 casualties and $400 million estimated* military gear destroyed on 1 training base near Polish border from missile attack. Misinformation is out there but 1000 guys bloodied pouring into aide stations retreating are not making up false stories.
can you please post reference to this data, I'm not finding it
rejecting non-combat experienced foreign volunteers I know of, the massive loss of personnel and military gear, I can not find

If I had to defend my farming community, I would have my son dig me a sniper hide in a tactical position and leave me with 10 hrs of batteries for my Inogen breather
would not use my old Mosin, but my Rem 700 varmint rifle with 100 rnds of M118LR ammo
have a DOPE chart out to 800 yrds with this set up and a laser range finder
after 10 hrs, would fall asleep and someone would have to come out to get me

20201005_094844.jpg

can you please post reference to this data, I'm not finding it
rejecting non-combat experienced foreign volunteers I know of, the massive loss of personnel and military gear, I can not find

This link will get you to the channel I was reading from, stories pop up and then get pulled down sometimes within hours. You really have to keep checking for updates. (This story is not the one I'm referencing, just the link to the site)

This link will get you to the channel I was reading from, stories pop up and then get pulled down sometimes within hours. You really have to keep checking for updates. (This story is not the one I'm referencing, just the link to the site)
this is an opinion and commentary site - many articles are pulled down because they are not confirmable - I will use it as another source of information, but not a definitive information site
thanks

I've found Sky News out of UK has a lot of confirmed information

What is old is now new again, what was deadly in WW-II is still just as deadly today! I bet one of my M-1855's would still hurt just as badly as it did in 1865, and leave Russians with bloody stumps just as good as it did when new! Don't ever discount age as less effective or deadly, you will loose it that bet every single time!

It's too bad that Russia is full of frightened, silent citizens.
There are some courageous ones, but sadly they are in the minority.
It is entirely possible that the average Russian (not the wealthy/instagram models/etc) supports this effort........

What was US sentiment towards the USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Did we like the idea of Soviet weapons a stones throw away from our shores?
I imagine the Russians, not just mean ol' Putin, are weary of being surrounded by hostile adversaries too..... and ever over the last few decades its been creeping closer and closer, despite assurances that NATO wouldnt do so.

How many Americans, how many of us here were all pumped up over going to war in Iraq, at the time? We couldnt let Saddam give us that 'mushroom cloud of DC' could we? He had those WMDs afterall. Didnt he?

This war is just another propaganda effort on all sides... I dont see a lot of Russian propaganda sources.... but a lot of what I see from western sources has been a load of crap. I do follow a few channels on Telegram that post raw info from the war including go pro footage, etc from combatants on both sides.
I can say, from what I have seen... Russia is not losing there and Ukraine doesnt have a chance. I have also seen Ukrainian units, mostly Azov... essentially using human shields like the Palestinians do, by firing from residential areas, I have seen snipers held up in apartments, Ive seen soldiers staged in shopping centers and even schools.... now granted these places are empty, there are no classes being held.... but be sure that when Russians return fire and destroy the school you can bet that CNN, BBC, FOX, etc will lead with a horrific story about how Russians are blowing up schools in Ukraine.

I hate that I sound like Im defending Russia, because at the end of the day, I dont care and this is something that America should stay out of since we already blew the chance to prevent it from happening in the first place. The level of feigned outrage and the us vs them mentality is being brought to us by the same people who pumped covid lies into our brains for two years... The pro-Ukrainian side is full of people that I cant stand and that have lied to us on just about every issue imaginable over the years... Im not about to jump on their bandwagon for this one either.

It is entirely possible that the average Russian (not the wealthy/instagram models/etc) supports this effort........

What was US sentiment towards the USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Did we like the idea of Soviet weapons a stones throw away from our shores?
I imagine the Russians, not just mean ol' Putin, are weary of being surrounded by hostile adversaries too..... and ever over the last few decades its been creeping closer and closer, despite assurances that NATO wouldnt do so.

How many Americans, how many of us here were all pumped up over going to war in Iraq, at the time? We couldnt let Saddam give us that 'mushroom cloud of DC' could we? He had those WMDs afterall. Didnt he?

This war is just another propaganda effort on all sides... I dont see a lot of Russian propaganda sources.... but a lot of what I see from western sources has been a load of crap. I do follow a few channels on Telegram that post raw info from the war including go pro footage, etc from combatants on both sides.
I can say, from what I have seen... Russia is not losing there and Ukraine doesnt have a chance. I have also seen Ukrainian units, mostly Azov... essentially using human shields like the Palestinians do, by firing from residential areas, I have seen snipers held up in apartments, Ive seen soldiers staged in shopping centers and even schools.... now granted these places are empty, there are no classes being held.... but be sure that when Russians return fire and destroy the school you can bet that CNN, BBC, FOX, etc will lead with a horrific story about how Russians are blowing up schools in Ukraine.

I hate that I sound like Im defending Russia, because at the end of the day, I dont care and this is something that America should stay out of since we already blew the chance to prevent it from happening in the first place. The level of feigned outrage and the us vs them mentality is being brought to us by the same people who pumped covid lies into our brains for two years... The pro-Ukrainian side is full of people that I cant stand and that have lied to us on just about every issue imaginable over the years... Im not about to jump on their bandwagon for this one either.
are you old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? I am. my father was stationed at Barksdale in Louisiana and was a Photo recon officer with a U-2 unit. I personally saw actual photos of those missiles, not internet propaganda
he told me at the age of 12 that if Cuba launched, we didn't have a chance there in Bossier City, so don't even worry about it

I also spent 3 years in Europe with NATO in the '70s - we were not threatening Russia, but providing defensive support for an actual Soviet threat
again, I lived within a 30 min flight from East Germany with nuclear armed tactical aircraft - kiss your A-- goodbye if they ever crossed that boarder

what weapons of mass destruction were in Ukraine aimed at Russia? documentation please
I'm not challenging you, just looking for information

I couldn't find a M28/30, but this is an early M28 with a Sig barrel in a 28/30 pot belly stock
has the proper trigger but a different rear sight, found an authentic Finn green leather sling

View attachment 1162003
Was lucky enough to have a selection of Mosins in '89 or '90. I chose the 28/30 as it has a .3082 bore . Little did I know that "someone" else had chosen that model decades before. The real killer: $79.95.

What is old is now new again, what was deadly in WW-II is still just as deadly today! I bet one of my M-1855's would still hurt just as badly as it did in 1865, and leave Russians with bloody stumps just as good as it did when new! Don't ever discount age as less effective or deadly, you will loose it that bet every single time!
In some cases being older makes them more deadly. Older battle rifles used cartridges designed to kill as opposed to the newer "wound and tie up resources" strategy.

This is also true in the case of people. As I slip into "elderly" I find my options are getting more and more limited. No longer as strong, as mobile, as fast, etc.. Means I can tolerate less so what was once a potential beating is now life threatening, so I would be forced into life defense mode much quicker. All I can say is that if I find any Russkies in my front yard I'll be at DEFCON 1 before I can even yell at them to "GET OFF MY LAWN!".

Last Edited:

Russia used to have the 2nd most powerful military in the world. Now they have the 2nd most powerful military in Ukraine.

Somebody had to say it! Thank you. Media is no longer just what's happening. It's now full on propaganda with some truth to it. ALL of it!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR