JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So, now WW3 is more imminent-er than 2 years ago?
Yes. And two years ago, it was more immanent-er than five years ago. Tomorrow it will be more immanent-er than today.

Look..first off..we're already in 'WW3". More correctly.."World War(s) III".

If you're referring to the big bang everyone thinks of when thinking about "WW3", a nuclear explosion, I'm frankly surprised it hasn't happened yet. It's my opinion that Putin/Xi/Khamenei/Kim have already decided on that course. I don't know what their time table is. I don't think anyone does. But I'm convinced that's what will happen..it's literally immanent.

Yes. And two years ago, it was more immanent-er than five years ago. Tomorrow it will be more immanent-er than today.

Look..first off..we're already in 'WW3". More correctly.."World War(s) III".

If you're referring to the big bang everyone thinks of when thinking about "WW3", a nuclear explosion, I'm frankly surprised it hasn't happened yet. It's my opinion that Putin/Xi/Khamenei/Kim have already decided on that course. I don't know what their time table is. I don't think anyone does. But I'm convinced that's what will happen..it's literally immanent.
Any day now..

I think if theres anything we learned from WW1 and WW2 is in these regional conflicts just let them duke it out. Supply arms of course because that stimulates the economy but direct involvement? Nah. WW3 isn't going to happen

Last Edited:
The premise being, had we actively entered WW2 far earlier, rather than after Pearl Harbor, the outcome would have been better. For everyone.

A lot of folks don't consider our aid in the premise, nor our overall under preparedness in this consideration. Some do.

Controversial. However if one looks at every single military action we were involved in since? Utter failures. We need to remove ourselves from active "Nation Building".

Active military involvement should be to the end goal of complete & utter destruction, complete & utter surrender. As in WW2. IMO.

Last Edited:
The premise being, had we actively entered WW2 far earlier, rather than after Pearl Harbor, the outcome would have been better. For everyone.

A lot of folks don't consider our aid in the premise, nor our overall under preparedness in this consideration. Some do.
Im not sure how the outcome of WW2 would have been different. It took an attack to galvanize Americans against the Japanese and the Germans. Going in earlier with half hearted lackluster support wouldn't have helped speed up anything and probably would have hurt the war effort. By all rights we should have entered the war again Germany when the Reuben James went down in October of '41 . As much as I loathe FDR I think his waiting until a major attack came was a solid plan.

Im not sure how the outcome of WW2 would have been different. It took an attack to galvanize Americans against the Japanese and the Germans. Going in earlier with half hearted lackluster support wouldn't have helped speed up anything and probably would have hurt the war effort. By all rights we should have entered the war again Germany when the Reuben James went down in October of '41 . As much as I loathe FDR I think his waiting until a major attack came was a solid plan.
Yup, I agree.

Edited in ad ons to my post.

Controversial. However if one looks at every single military action we were involved in since? Utter failures. We need to remove ourselves from active "Nation Building".

Active military involvement should be to the end goal of complete & utter destruction, complete & utter surrender. As in WW2. IMO.
Thankfully we're going to build a dock to the gazan shore instead of nuking it.. brilliant! lulz
Guess who your new neighbors will be.

When Hezbollah fires off a few thousand rockets to overwhelm the "Iron Dome" system, and 30>40K
of them stream across the border from Lebanon and Syria then Israel will nuke Damascus and the West will know that the world ain't gonna be the same anymore.
Meanwhile, Russia is forming closer ties with Iran, who is bankrolling everything from the money we give them to "buy peace and co-operation", yeah, right.
The Western military machines? they're screwed, there are no officers left at field grade level that have ever fought in a "real war" outside of some small-unit actions.
The Generals have never seen any action since they were captains in charge of a company in some unpronounceable area.
They've spent their time playing games and learning new pro-nouns.
In WWII there were 7 men of 4-star rank who commanded over 12 million Americans in uniform.
Today there are over 30 men of 4-star rank that command a force of one tenth that number.
High rank today is achieved by political favor, the ability to "fight" is not so necessary as it once was.

When Hezbollah fires off a few thousand rockets to overwhelm the "Iron Dome" system, and 30>40K
of them stream across the border from Lebanon and Syria then Israel will nuke Damascus and the West will know that the world ain't gonna be the same anymore.
Meanwhile, Russia is forming closer ties with Iran, who is bankrolling everything from the money we give them to "buy peace and co-operation", yeah, right.
The Western military machines? they're screwed, there are no officers left at field grade level that have ever fought in a "real war" outside of some small-unit actions.
The Generals have never seen any action since they were captains in charge of a company in some unpronounceable area.
They've spent their time playing games and learning new pro-nouns.
In WWII there were 7 men of 4-star rank who commanded over 12 million Americans in uniform.
Today there are over 30 men of 4-star rank that command a force of one tenth that number.
High rank today is achieved by political favor, the ability to "fight" is not so necessary as it once was.
This is a classic description of a Peacetime Military.

An example of the danger of this is the WWII Fall of France. Strike such a military hard and fast enough, and the war is over before the deadwood can be thinned out and the true warriors can move to the top.

People ridicule those making comparisons to the 1930's buildup to WWII, but history has many other examples of too little, too late responses to aggression. The usual reason for not taking action in time is reluctance to spend the money and effort to prepare a viable defense.
Ukraine learned the lesson from the first invasion and losing Crimea. It prepared for the second one, and has been able to make a good showing. If it hadn't learned, and also had some outside support, the second invasion would have succeeded.

This is a classic description of a Peacetime Military.

An example of the danger of this is the WWII Fall of France. Strike such a military hard and fast enough, and the war is over before the deadwood can be thinned out and the true warriors can move to the top.

People ridicule those making comparisons to the 1930's buildup to WWII, but history has many other examples of too little, too late responses to aggression. The usual reason for not taking action in time is reluctance to spend the money and effort to prepare a viable defense.
Ukraine learned the lesson from the first invasion and losing Crimea. It prepared for the second one, and has been able to make a good showing. If it hadn't learned, and also had some outside support, the second invasion would have succeeded.
"Some outside assistance.". Thats a bit of an understatement Ukraine , arguably the Mexico of Europe, has managed to hold off the advances of the Russian Army for 2+ years based solely on the fact it has had tremendous outside assistance. Its in a war of attrition now which they will eventually lose solely because of numbers thus depleting Ukraine of a generation. We have learned the Russian Army isn't really a match for any modern Army yet we still tell ourselves Russia is out to conquer all of Europe. Its almost comical and sad at the same time because we are bankrolling the fiasco.

Peacetime militaries are "top-heavy" because of the theory that they need officers in place to have a structure to fill with new recruits (or conscripts) in order to ramp up unit strength rapidly. In practice, there is a tendency for those in place to be better bureaucrats than leaders, and it takes a while to cull out the poorer performers. By the end of 1942, the US Army was a much better force than even June of that year.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top