JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Russians bomb civilian aid convoy after giving it permission to proceed into Russian held territory

I have no words!!

Russians bomb civilian aid convoy after giving it permission to proceed into Russian held territory

I have no words!!

OK, yes I have words
I just streamed the Skynews coverage of this attack on our big screen - British TV is more graphic than US coverage
this happened in an area Russia just annexed this morning, Putin says people in region are now Russian citizens for life!!
so - this is how Russia treats it's own citizens? By bombing medical aid convoys?
there were no military personnel or assets in this convoy, just food and medical packs, with Doctors, Medics and civilian volunteer drives and aids
WITH coordination and permission from the Russian Military to gather in this area - then the coordinates are turn over to Russian missile artillery who shell the convoy
please pardon my anger - I stared at this posting for 30 min before sending
I served with NATO and accepted my chances - I was a Military medic - but these were civilians

Who do you think damaged Nord Stream pipelines? Both Trump and Biden did not look favorably on the pipelines. It doesn't make much sense that Russia would cut off a method to make money like that.
I doubt Russia did it. As long as it could be reopened it was a lever/bribe to use on Germany; with it gone Russia's ability to influence Germany is greatly reduced. I don't see what advantage Putin gets by removing one of his own options, the promise to restart fuel to German.

As for why the Ukraine/NATO/USA/whoever would do it, nothing says "We're all on this voyage together!" like holing the life boats and throwing the guy's life jacket overboard.

09/27/2022 - Nord Stream pipeline explosions
09/28/2022 - German authorities raid headquarters of right-wing Alternative fur Deutchland (Alternative for Germany) Party.

The AfD is the third largest party in Germany, With elections coming up soon, the raid is suspected of being an attempt to discourage support for the AfD. AfD is the only political party in Germany that denies human-based climate change. It also opposes immigration, Islam, and the European Union.

Unofficially, they are considered a revival of the Nazi party. This view is widely held by supporters of the left-wing parties.

Coincidence?

09/27/2022 - Nord Stream pipeline explosions
09/28/2022 - German authorities raid headquarters of right-wing Alternative fur Deutchland (Alternative for Germany) Party.

The AfD is the third largest party in Germany, With elections coming up soon, the raid is suspected of being an attempt to discourage support for the AfD. AfD is the only political party in Germany that denies human-based climate change. It also opposes immigration, Islam, and the European Union.

Unofficially, they are considered a revival of the Nazi party. This view is widely held by supporters of the left-wing parties.

Coincidence?
They are probably afraid of a similar outcome as in Italy but I don't see a connection to pipeline sabotage.

American leaders didn't want the pipeline to exist. The Ukranians probably didn't either.

I doubt Russia did it. As long as it could be reopened it was a lever/bribe to use on Germany; with it gone Russia's ability to influence Germany is greatly reduced. I don't see what advantage Putin gets by removing one of his own options, the promise to restart fuel to German.

As for why the Ukraine/NATO/USA/whoever would do it, nothing says "We're all on this voyage together!" like holing the life boats and throwing the guy's life jacket overboard.
Putin has a track record of "false flag" terrorist attacks used to rally popular support in his favor. When he was consolidating power, several large apartment buildings were bombed, and Chechens were blamed. Putin won power based on promises to take on the Chechen rebels and bring that country back under Russian control. Later, an unexploded bomb was found in the basement of another apartment building, and traced to the FSB (the Russian security police/spies who are the successors to the KGB) but that information was suppressed in Russia. Putin's background is KGB, and his cronies are largely ex-KGB.

Putin is under extreme pressure due to the poor performance of Russian armed forces in Ukraine, a poor economy, and now the conscription/draft/kidnapping of men to send to the Ukraine War. Despite official propaganda efforts, there is growing opposition to the War. It is Putin's track record to use a "false flag" event to rally support.

The Nord Stream pipelines are supplied by Gazprom. Since the Ukraine War started, several top executives of Russian oil companies have died under suspicious circumstances, including two of the top officers of Gazprom. There are rumors of FSB involvement in these deaths, and true or not, it undermines Putin's authority. There is probably more going on with Russian oil and gas output/revenues than has been reported. Perhaps there isn't that much gas available to export any more?

Each pipeline is made up of two parallel lines, so it is possible that only one line was burst. A large enough explosion could have burst both pipes, but it isn't easy, since the pipes have about 1.5" thick walls and are designed for a 3,200 psi working pressure. To put that in perspective, an oxygen tank for welding is only pressurized to 2,220 psi.. A sure way to burst both pipes is to send a bomb attached to the robot inspection cars that travel within the lines. Only Russia has that ability.

On the other hand, there have been demonstrations in Germany lately opposing German support of Ukraine and the cutoff of Natural Gas due to the sanctions. It is possible that destroying the pipelines is intended to take that issue off the table.

Even back when it happened I firmly believed the FSB (the renamed KGB), was responsible for the apartment bombings.

A classic false flag operation - over a thousand people, some entire families, killed and injured in their homes. Over the course of a couple of weeks. Each reported in great detail, along with "proof" of "terrorists" phoning in admissions of responsibility. Hard to think of a better way to create support for a strong man promising revenge. In other words, a very effective false flag.

NS getting blown up just doesn't seem to me to be the kind of thing that will generate that kind of support in Russia. Or create any positive result in Russia that outweighs the loss of the ability to export gas really.

Make no mistake, I think Putin wouldn't hesitate to do pretty much anything to his own people if he thought it would further his war aims in Ukraine. Just don't see blowing up NS as doing that.

Armed Russian soldiers going door to door to demand the resident vote verbally and then they write down their answer.

Man, that's the very definition of tyranny. Sad.

3206E225-3E7E-4569-9484-B7E84A4529D1.jpeg

In an interview with Bret Baier, retired General Keane goes over the recent events in the Ukraine War and the implications of Putin's actions and the North Stream pipeline explosions. This is a pretty level-headed view, and doesn't seem to be trying to spin anything.

Fox News, with a short commercial to put up with to get to the interview:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukrai...trategic-town-region-putin-annexed#spark_wn=1

Armed Russian soldiers going door to door to demand the resident vote verbally and then they write down their answer.

Man, that's the very definition of tyranny. Sad.

View attachment 1285511

Send Stacy Abrams over there to straighten them out! Oh, wait, she's focused on voter suppression!

Russia had been sanctioned to the point where international support for Russia didn't matter any more. Putin made the long term choice to bag the west. They wanted the Ukranian eastern territories and were going to take the country and then fall back after installing a puppet in Kiev. That part didn't work out but they have to do something now because the winter is coming and they have to get out of the field before they get bogged down in the mud . So they call for a completely illegitimate election and fall back to the Eastern Territories and will heavily militarize the area. With a few weeks Putin will declare the military operation/war over and spend the winter propping up the Russian military in the Eastern Ukraine occupied territories.

Last Edited:
With a few weeks Putin will declare the military operation/war over and spend the winter propping up the Russian military in the Eastern Ukraine occupied territories.
Preferable to the nuclear option, but if that happens I doubt that Ukraine will stop operations. Plus it gives Ukraine and NATO time to bulk up and solidify what they have, quite possibly better it.

Preferable to the nuclear option, but if that happens I doubt that Ukraine will stop operations. Plus it gives Ukraine and NATO time to bulk up and solidify what they have, quite possibly better it.
I dont know why everyone is going on about nuclear weapons like Russia has some sort of death wish. They have a somewhat of a failure of a military operation on their hands but their prime objectives are secured or are at least where they think they are secured. NATO' isn't going to go in and wrest the Eastern Provinces of Ukraine out of Russian hands. . The Russians will spend the next few months securing the border and the Ukrainians are going to end up falling back to their new borders. The Russians and Ukrainians know their land and the limitations of trying to fight a war in the winter. If you have never been in a Russian winter go to North Dakota for a while in January and February to get a feeling for it. Nothing gets done and the early spring is a mud bog. By the late spring when its possible to move again the border between Russia and Ukraine will be fortified and pretty much set in stone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top