JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

what annexation means for Ukraine

Ukraine surrounds Lyman, 5000 Russian troops cut off

KYIV (Reuters) - A Ukrainian presidential adviser said on Friday Russia would have to appeal to Kyiv for Moscow's encircled troops to be allowed out of the Russian stronghold of Lyman in eastern Ukraine if it was concerned about them.
"Today (Russia) will have to ask for an exit from Lyman. Only if, of course, those in (the) Kremlin are concerned with their soldiers, Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak wrote on Twitter.

Russian units deployed to the area reportedly include Russia's 752nd Motorized Rifle Regiment, a mechanized infantry brigade from the 20th Guards Combined Arms Army as well as parts of Russia's BARS-13 detachment, a volunteer group.
"The situation is still extremely difficult. The enemy does not stop trying to repel us from Drobysheve. The enemy outnumbers us many times. Attacks are made by infantry with the support of artillery and aviation," the commander of the BARS-13 detachment, Sergei Fomchenkov, said Friday in an interview with the state-run RT network.
"Nevertheless, BARS-13 adamantly holds its positions."
Because the wetlands around Lyman do not lend themselves to effective tank warfare, much of the fighting is likely being carried out by infantry and artillery, said Muzyka.
Lyman, which sits on a key rail crossroads, is one of Russia's last lines of defense before the Donetsk region's eastern border with Luhansk. Together, Donetsk and Luhansk regions — known as the Donbas — are a key war aim for the Kremlin.
Despite the looming threat of encirclement, Russian forces have refused to pull troops out of Lyman in what Muzyka said is likely a tactic to buy time.

Observers believe that Moscow will attempt to use the additional manpower raised as a result of President Vladimir Putin's "partial" mobilization announced last week to shore up its defenses in occupied Ukraine.
Some of these newly mobilized men have already been deployed to the battlefield, including to positions around Lyman, according to Ukraine's Armed Forces.
"The enemy continues to send newly mobilized, low-skilled personnel to the areas of combat operations," Ukraine's General Staff said Thursday in a statement.
By continuing to fight in Lyman, according to Muzyka, Russia can tie down Ukrainian forces while it trains and deploys new recruits to defensive lines ahead of an expected battle for Sievierodonetsk, a major city east of Lyman that fell to Russian forces in June.
But at the same time, the encirclement of a large Russian force — especially following Putin's declaration Friday that Russia was annexing Ukraine's Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions — would be a symbolic and military blow.
The long-term significance of the loss of Lyman will depend on how successfully Moscow can withstand the next wave of attacks by Ukrainian forces, which are seeking to advance further into the Donbas.
"This will definitely be a tactical setback," Muzyka said.
"But whether we're looking at a strategic failure will depend on if there is a massive collapse of Russian lines in Luhansk in the next couple of weeks."
At what point does a Russian tactical nuke enter the scene?

I think Russian forces are going to pull back into the new Russian territories where they will be concentrated and strong enough to fend of the Ukranian forces. I think Russia is going to declare the operation over soon. They kinda have to. They were overextended, not winning in the rest of Ukraine and winter is coming up fast. No time to have your army out in the field .

As far as the farce plebiscite in the areas where they had one goes it wouldn't surprise me at all if they actually had the votes in those areas. They're Russian dominated although it would be like Mexico having Mexicans in the border areas of Texas voting to join Mexico. Not going to happen no matter what the residents want

Last Edited:
I think Russian forces are going to pull back into the new Russian territories where they will be concentrated and strong enough to fend of the Ukranian forces. I think Russia is going to declare the operation over soon. They kinda have to. They were overextended, not winning in the rest of Ukraine and winter is coming up fast. No time to have your army out in the field .
except that Russia does not fully occupy those territories
this morning Russia demanded that Ukraine stop all hostilities in these territories, including around Lyman which is in territory Russia now claims
I'm waiting to see Putin's next move, many of the first of new troops with no training were in Lyman when it was surrounded by Ukrainian forces overnight

except that Russia does not fully occupy those territories
this morning Russia demanded that Ukraine stop all hostilities in these territories, including around Lyman which is in territory Russia now claims
I'm waiting to see Putin's next move, many of the first of new troops with no training were in Lyman when it was surrounded by Ukrainian forces overnight
Yes of course Russia demanded that. I think they'll hunker down in the eastern provinces and pull in as many conscripts and regular army as they can to drive Ukrainian forces out. What other choice do they have?

Yes of course Russia demanded that. I think they'll hunker down in the eastern provinces and pull in as many conscripts and regular army as they can to drive Ukrainian forces out. What other choice do they have?
I dunno maybe start behaving like civilized people and GTFO of Ukrainian lands entirely, and reabsorb all the Russians they have been shoving into Ukraine over the past several years in a sad, transparent attempt to shift the mix of people and bolster their horsebubblegum land grabs?

Right, of course that will never happen.

Last Edited:
Russian 4th Tank Division is COMBAT INNEFECTIVE

Russian sources also continued to discuss Ukrainian counteroffensive operations along the Oskil River in northeastern Kharkiv Oblast on September 29. A Russian milblogger claimed that Ukrainian troops attempted to break through Russian defenses near the Kharkiv-Luhansk border in an unspecified location. Deputy Chief of the Ukrainian General Staff's Main Operational Department, Oleksiy Hromov, stated on September 29 that the Russian 4th Tank Division of the 1st Guards Tank Army suffered considerable losses over the past few weeks while operating in Kupyansk, which lies near the Oskil River by the Kharkiv-Luhansk Oblast border. As ISW previously reported, the 4th Tank Division lost nearly an entire regiment worth of advanced T-80 tanks during earlier stages of the Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kharkiv Oblast, which suggests that whatever remnants of the 4th Tank Division that are currently operating around near Kupyansk are severely understrength.

https://www.understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/Kharkiv Battle Map Draft September 29,2022.png

The problem is that Russia keeps getting weaker and weaker while Ukraine gets stronger.

This is backing Putin into a corner and I fear he may resort to nukes.
the Luhansk region is now claimed as part of Russia
with the Russian 4th Tank Division now ineffective, the path is wide open to Ukraine forces
we'll see if Ukraine continues their advance over the Luhansk border and what Putin's response is

If Putin does decide to go nuclear...
... can we expect they'll work as well as his pipelines?
_nc_ohc=FjeufacZ-gwAX-PGi2A&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.png

Wild guess here.....

If Putin did decide to use a nuclear option, there's a strong chance of a coup occurring. Depending on what kind of nuclear he uses, those involved probably realize it's guaranteed death.

If he used tactical, Russia would likely get punished one way or another by almost everyone who matters. I'm quite certain even China would have to take a stand, nobody wants nukes to be considered tactically.

Also, I'm highly concerned that the current US regime would not deal with the situation appropriately, in fact, I'm quite certain our response would be full retard.

Wild guess here.....

If Putin did decide to use a nuclear option, there's a strong chance of a coup occurring. Depending on what kind of nuclear he uses, those involved probably realize it's guaranteed death.

If he used tactical, Russia would likely get punished one way or another by almost everyone who matters. I'm quite certain even China would have to take a stand, nobody wants nukes to be considered tactically.

Also, I'm highly concerned that the current US regime would not deal with the situation appropriately, in fact, I'm quite certain our response would be full retard.
So what do you think the international response would be? Sanctions? Invade Russia? Hahahaha. Russians aren't going to do squat. They love the guy and are afraid of him That is the definition of a leader in Russia.

So what do you think the international response would be? Sanctions? Invade Russia? Hahahaha. Russians aren't going to do squat. They love the guy and are afraid of him That is the definition of a leader in Russia.

Probably whatever happens will be something I hadn't considered. I'm just a pleb

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads