JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I dont know why everyone is going on about nuclear weapons like Russia has some sort of death wish. They have a somewhat of a failure of a military operation on their hands but their prime objectives are secured or are at least where they think they are secured. NATO' isn't going to go in and wrest the Eastern Provinces of Ukraine out of Russian hands. . The Russians will spend the next few months securing the border and the Ukrainians are going to end up falling back to their new borders. The Russians and Ukrainians know their land and the limitations of trying to fight a war in the winter. If you have never been in a Russian winter go to North Dakota for a while in January and February to get a feeling for it. Nothing gets done and the early spring is a mud bog. By the late spring when its possible to move again the border between Russia and Ukraine will be fortified and pretty much set in stone.
I spent 8 winters in Sough Dakota on a Military base as a dependent, served with NATO in Europe for 3 years
US military TRAINS for winter war, I would hope the Ukrainians and Russian do the same
a check of the weather history of Ukraine, it's nothing worse that I experienced in Germany
I trained in Colorado where the winter weather was -20 dec F, it never slowed us down

I spent 8 winters in Sough Dakota on a Military base as a dependent, served with NATO in Europe for 3 years
US military TRAINS for winter war, I would hope the Ukrainians and Russian do the same
a check of the weather history of Ukraine, it's nothing worse that I experienced in Germany
I trained in Colorado where the winter weather was -20 dec F, it never slowed us down
Hitler said the same thing

As is anyone who thinks they're going to go to war with Russia on Russian territory and survive the experience.
I don't consider Ukraine Russian territory, no mater what Putin says
Ukraine sits farther South, with a Maritime influence on weather

I don't consider Ukraine Russian territory, no mater what Putin says
Ukraine sits farther South, with a Maritime influence on weather

Hubris and mud. Not a good combination for track vehicles.

Hitler invaded Ukraine in June of '41, after the mud had solidified
it was Spring of '42 when the Germans bogged down in Ukrainian mud
Yes. That is the Russian mud cycle . Summers fine. You invade then. In the winter you realize youve overextended your supply lines and you hunker down then the spring turns into your muddy grave. Same thing every time

Probably soon

1664736942153.png

Right now, Ukrainian troops are proving the old saying:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. (attributed to Mark Twain, but not proven)

I think that many expect that in the worst case, Russian troops will retreat to the old pre-war trench lines and hold off the Ukrainians there. That is not a sure thing, given the current momentum of Ukrainian forces. If that momentum takes them deep into Luhansk, they cut off rail access from the North, and perhaps are within range to shell the main rail lines on the Russian side of the border. Without uninterrupted rail access, it will be very difficult to supply Russian troops. The Ukrainians have short supply lines and multiple rail routes to supply their dispersed forces. Winter will not be as harsh on them as it will be on the Russians.

It is likely that the Russians will be short on food, ammunition, clothing, and shelter this Winter. Kind of like the Germans in WWII. We will see just how well the Russian Army performs without Lend Lease support!

144th Guards Motor Rifle Division is no longer combat-effective.
the 1st Guards Tank Army loses half of it's T80 tanks
Ukrainian Army crosses the Oskil River in at least 5 location

144th Guards Motor Rifle Division is no longer combat-effective.
the 1st Guards Tank Army loses half of it's T80 tanks
Ukrainian Army crosses the Oskil River in at least 5 location

found this statement in an evaluation from US DOD:

144th Guards Elninskaya Red Banner order of Suvorov Motorized Rifle Division
"The division is maintained as a Not Ready Division - Low-Strength Cadre (US terms: Category III)."

as you see from their status as a Red Banner Division, this WAS one of Russia's elite motorized infantry units

"Ukrainian forces have continued to advance east as far as the town of Kreminna in Luhansk Oblast."

if this is so, then they have invaded Russian territory, according to Putin

we will have to wait to see what Russia's response is, since Russian units in the area are no longer combat effective

"Ukrainian forces have continued to advance east as far as the town of Kreminna in Luhansk Oblast."

if this is so, then they have invaded Russian territory, according to Putin

we will have to wait to see what Russia's response is, since Russian units in the area are no longer combat effective
If Russia did not put up no trespassing signs then the territory should be fair game.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads