JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately humbleness and consideration of others are things that seem to not exist in our "Me" centered society today.

You say "dont put people in a position where you could kill them for making loud braaap noises." Perhaps one should not be putting oneself in a position to be targeted, keep your "braaap noises" to a suitable and appropriate environment, not behind someones domicile...

Perhaps he has had other bad experiences with others undertaking this activity... Not condoning what the homeowner/gunowner did, but the rules of nature cannot be changed, for every action there is an equal and negative reaction.

Better decisions have a tendency to lead to longer, happier live's. Six decades and counting of being successful at interfacing with my fellow mankind.

I stand corrected, you are right.... I missed the part where the home-owner actually aimed the gun at the riders, I thought he just displayed that he had a firearm in his possession.

I've been on the alley sweeper once, it was fun, but we didn't ride on sidewalks, over grass or anywhere that wasn't legal to ride. It's once a year and people that illegally block an alleyway (which in Oregon is a street) can piss off.

A guy who points a gun because motorcyclists are in 'his' alleyway is guilty of a crime and should loose some of his rights.

I don't really have more to add about the idiot with the gun, but I will say this.

I am terrified by large groups of bikers. They will turn on a person in an instant, I've seen it in person myself and Ive watched plenty of videos that support my conclusions. I lived through plenty of Reno's "Street Vibrations" to know to avoid those groups whenever possible. They like to stir up trouble and have a serious case of group think that can turn ugly in a heart beat.

Moral of the story, don't hang out with a bunch of idiots whether they do or do not do illegal things on their motorcycles and maybe you wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place.

Just ride you bike normal and legally and you'll likely never have a gun pointed at you. I know, as I did exactly this for a couple of years.

You might think that you're M/C enjoyment/riding is 100% legal. But.....

OK, Ok, ok....
Forget about (what some see) the traffic minor violation(s) depicted in the video for the moment.

So then.....
Well, my neighbor has a REALLY LOUD motorcycle and I'd bet that he exceeds the Public Health Reg. Noise Spec. (or vehicle modifications laws, whatever).

Then again.....maybe the leaders of Washington or Vancouver haven't thought of it? Rrrright..... I don't ACTUALLY KNOW......
IF, there is actually such a thing/regulation here in Vancouver, WA.

But, there was such a thing, in Hawaii.

Yeah.....IMHO, some M/Cs (and riders) are a nuisance.

That being said.....a display of firearms.....is NOT the way to show your displeasure.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
When I worked in Okinawa there were large groups of riders consisting of everything from crotch rockets to doner cycles who rode all through the area at night revving their throttles in unison. I imagine if I lived there it would be irritating, but as a short timer I found it rather entertaining.

So I took part in a motorcycle event that weaves through Portlands alleys. Some people may have heard of it.
In theory its 100% legal as the alleys are public right of ways. Just the usual legalities apply, speed limits, sort signs, registered vehicles etc. But that is on the individual.

I can get that the hum drum of motorcycles going through the alley is potentially a pain in the butt (bare in mind that 90% of people were out there with the kids waving and having a great time as it's a pretty entertaining spectacle)

But In one alley, a man came out from his house onto public property and pointed a handgun at riders heads as they went past. Handgun raised and pointed in one hand, rifle (maybe a .308 or 30-30) in the other. He positioned himself so people had to go around/near him, some riders being only a few feet away, most going about 5-10mph because there was some congestion. Basically sitting ducks. We were quite obviously motorcycle enthusiasts, quite obviously not menacing nor threatening. There was no political slant at all, we could not have been mistaken for Vegan ISIS or anyone out to cause trouble/damage.

I'm 100% for your/my right to keep arms, I have multiple handguns and rifles. However, this guy is seriously problematic. If some motorcycles riding through an alley that happens to be behind your property is enough for you to snap and go out and threaten dozens of people at point blank then I personally don't think you are fit to keep weapons.

What are your thoughts? I feel like no ones really snitched on him, we all just wanted to get on our way and leave him in the rearview but I do worry about people having future entanglements with this gentleman.
sounds annoying on both sides to me...

Not a single thing anyone did justified this.

Not a single damned thing. Don't even try and justify this guys behaviour by blaming it on people riding motorcycles.

Taking a gun out into a public space, and aiming it at peoples heads is so bubbleguming far down the list of rational responses for this is boggles my mind you would even consider this.
Well you're right. I don't believe what the gun guy did was justified. He was acting like an bubblegum. That does not change that fact that you, also, were acting like an bubblegum.

"There was no political slant at all, we could not have been mistaken for Vegan ISIS or anyone out to cause trouble/damage."

Are those the fellows who go around beheading cabbages?

For the record, (and I'm horrified people that think doing questionable things on a motorcycle is worthy of potentially being shot over), no one in my group was riding on sidewalks, cycle paths etc.

that particular video posted above would be an extreme example of riders misbehaving.

but the point stands ... you're not the sheriff, or a judge. Definitely not an executioner. If you see something you don't like, call the law. Don't put people in a position where you could kill them for making loud braaap noises.

While I don't advocate someone pointing guns at people in public, especially for what you're describing I will point out the following:

People are sick and tired of rude a-hats everywhere, and constantly being bombarded at all hours by loud duct-fart exhaust from cars and bikes racing up and down and all over, loud car stereos playing schitty music, "homeless" zombies running amuck, and "mostly peaceful demonstrations". The Portland PoPo are not going to respond to loud noise complaints, or even to calls about packs of Mad-Max richard-craniums going through residential areas...

Some people are actually put into physical pain from all the "brrrrappping" and other loud noises because (for instance) they have severe tinnitus like I do.... you can only push a dude so far for so long when there's no other recourse.

Having said that... I ride a LOUD Harley, and I also tear it up on a Honda CRF450R that's also LOUD. I enjoy riding them IMMENSELY but of course, I have to wear ear-plugs when doing so, and when I'm driving through residential areas on my Harley, I pass through quickly and keep the revs as low as possible so I'm not rattling peoples' windows and teeth.

Just keep something in mind; when you're out with your buddies doing something "cool", generally speaking the only ones who are impressed is yourselves... seriously, nobody else gives a schit.

Again, I'm not saying the guy should've been pointing a firearm at you guys, but some common courtesy, and polite empathy towards others can go a long way toward NOT getting a gun pointed at you.

Here's my two screamers... ride smart.
86ABC2D7-C3E3-4FAF-8CE0-4C18C291D572.jpeg

Last Edited:
OK, so the motorcycle riders are going up and down a PUBLIC right of way (ie alley). If the guy had a problem with it, call the cops. If what they are doing is illegal, it gets shut down. If they are doing nothing illegal? Live with it or get it shut down LEGALLY.

Idiot gun owner waving/pointing guns at people, now THAT is 100% illegal and SHOULD have had everyone of those people riding calling the cop on the idiot and getting the obviously deranged nut case off the street.

On the other hand, if the bike riders in the alley were moped riders...

Maybe people should find out when the alley sweeper days are and just simply air dry laundry on a line running from one side of the alley to another. Repeat for each set of neighbors. Problem solved.

OK, so the motorcycle riders are going up and down a PUBLIC right of way (ie alley). If the guy had a problem with it, call the cops. If what they are doing is illegal, it gets shut down. If they are doing nothing illegal? Live with it or get it shut down LEGALLY.

Idiot gun owner waving/pointing guns at people, now THAT is 100% illegal and SHOULD have had everyone of those people riding calling the cop on the idiot and getting the obviously deranged nut case off the street.

On the other hand, if the bike riders in the alley were moped riders...

Hey, they were riding the 2nd largest Vespa that they make!!
:s0118:

:s0140:

I spent many years in my 20's with a bike as my only transportation, with great enjoyment, but prefer quiet power. Though I wouldn't pull a gun over it, or even bother to get up and yell at you, Still, I'm glad I don't have an ally for a bunch of 2 cycles to scream up it! I get enough with the purpose added extra loud mufflers on toy cars blasting up the neighborhood like they were at Indy..
I've never understood the "in your face" eat my dust sort.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top