JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did any of you ever have one of these? It's the Vectrex. And, yes, we actually do still have one somewhere around here and, as of the last time we checked it out, it still works. This is not ours, but a photo from online as I'm not sure exactly where ours is at the moment after we moved a couple years ago. I'm sure my son knows where it is, though. :)

mb_vectrex_1s.jpg

Viet Cong. Purple Haze and Fist Alpha. Sad that went away. Hackers started to ruin it and I suppose that's why it lost its fan base.
I jumped on to Quake Live when it first came out. That was pretty good. Then the hackers pretty much ruined things. Then it went Steam and I lost interest.

I went yesterday and traded my one-year old XBOX ONE 1 TB system for the newer XBOX ONE S 1 TB system that comes bundled with Madden 2017 NFL. This one supports 4K screen resolution...which I do have a 49-inch 4K screen for my game playing. GameStop gave me $150 for my system and $5 for a chat headset. That headset had only one ear piece and I use a stereo headset with mic. The total cost to me came to $206.

Not sure if this is valid in your area, but, if so, the "Up to $150" trade-in offer is good through the 31st of this month in our area.

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption and it looks amazing for a game that was, I believe, 720p when it first released on the 360.

XBOX-1-S.jpg

I went yesterday and traded my one-year old XBOX ONE 1 TB system for the newer XBOX ONE S 1 TB system that comes bundled with Madden 2017 NFL. This one supports 4K screen resolution...which I do have a 49-inch 4K screen for my game playing. GameStop gave me $150 for my system and $5 for a chat headset. That headset had only one ear piece and I use a stereo headset with mic. The total cost to me came to $206.

Not sure if this is valid in your area, but, if so, the "Up to $150" trade-in offer is good through the 31st of this month in our area.

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption and it looks amazing for a game that was, I believe, 720p when it first released on the 360.

View attachment 308868

Congrats;).

When I upgrade it will be the PlayStation.

If you read the Xbox one agreement, there is a part that says that basically Microsoft can randomly use the built in camera and mic to spy on you whenever they want 'to improve their understanding of their customers'.

I know we are all being tracked 'Merica!' But having a spy cam and mic in my livingroom seems over the top.

And I'm doing my best to not send any money to Microsoft if I can at all help it.:D

Congrats;).

When I upgrade it will be the PlayStation.

If you read the Xbox one agreement, there is a part that says that basically Microsoft can randomly use the built in camera and mic to spy on you whenever they want 'to improve their understanding of their customers'.

I know we are all being tracked 'Merica!' But having a spy cam and mic in my livingroom seems over the top.

And I'm doing my best to not send any money to Microsoft if I can at all help it.:D

I already have a PS4. :) I actually won this one is a little contest late last year. It came with the Uncharted Bundle...which is a fantastic series, BTW!

And, the XBOX console doesn't come with a built-in mic or camera. Those are only part of the Kinect...which has to be purchased separately.

Of course, there's a lot of debate going on as to just how much/how far Microsoft is involved in the ongoing "spying on you" discussion.

I haven't done a lot of RPG-ing but the little I've done has me hooked! So if any of you are going to start a D&D game (or the like) and need a rouge...

Game developers need to pay a bit more attention to details. :) These screenshots are from Red Dead Redemption....which I'm enjoying on my new XBOX One S at a scaled to 4K resolution. Although the game roughly takes place during the early years of the telegraph and horseless carriage, electricity wasn't in wide use in the homes and on the ranches. So, I took notice of this little oversight...

Red Dead Redemption-NoStoveExhaust.png Red Dead Redemption-NoStoveStack.png

It's really only as much of an RPG as you make it... but I play a lot of the Arma mod games... Arma 2 Epoch, Arma 3 Exile, I got into A3 breaking point for a while, which is probably as close as the genre gets to being a real RPG with actual character classes, but both Epoch and Exile have character score stats (bandit/hero) it's more important in Epoch, but in Exile there are things you can do with your Karma.

I currently run an A2 Epoch server, and I'm slowly setting up an A3 Exile server. The Apex DLC has kinda screwed things up a bit, but made certain things easier.

Game developers need to pay a bit more attention to details. :) These screenshots are from Red Dead Redemption....which I'm enjoying on my new XBOX One S at a scaled to 4K resolution. Although the game roughly takes place during the early years of the telegraph and horseless carriage, electricity wasn't in wide use in the homes and on the ranches. So, I took notice of this little oversight...

View attachment 311064 View attachment 311065

That was a fun game to run thru. I can understand the need for the lighting as half the game is at night and you just wouldn't be able to see much in the towns without it.

Not sure I'd be able to play thru it a second time, but it was fun until Inmaxed everything out and finished the story line.

I need a good RPG to get into...

I tried dragon age when it came out and just couldn't get into it. I may have the 2nd one around but I havnt taken the time to dig thru all my games just yet.

Unfortunately my PS3 died and I had a few games I would have replayed on it like diablo 3 and badlands 2.

Ever since I upgraded my GPU I've been playing Fallout 4 a lot. Its amazing how graphics can make a game a lot better on the PC. o_O And that's coming from a guy who'll play games like Terraria.

Diablo 3 is fun, wish I had it! (Not that my computer could handle it) What class is your Favourite? I've only tried monk so far but I love it!

I'm a big magic fan (weak to start with and OP after geared up) so I went with a sorceress. Even ran thru it enough to get the staff to enter the my little pony stage lol.

No idea what my level was but it was pretty high and close to the max difficulty but not quite there.

I like stacking area effect spells.

I haven't sold the games because I'm hoping to get it fixed or replaced at some point.

I'm not jumping on the new system band wagon. I've never bought a system until it's at least 5 years old on the market so I have lots of good cheap games to fill inbetween the new $60 games that I've never been able to buy as fast as I play them (or used too). Just now getting back into gaming because I'm stuck on the couch.

I hope to find some intrest in still playing once I'm healed as it's something I've done all my life and enjoy.

I've been quite busy since the last post in this thread. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and spent some time, after being able to do anything strenuous again, working on completing a 12x16 storage shed here at the house.

But, I'm writing this just to see how many gamers we have who also do dress-up on Halloween. I have my costume and it's for a character from one of the most-played series of games I've ever played.

I'll be an assassin, from Assassin's Creed.

Here's the online image for it...

$_57.JPG

LOL, that brings up an exchange that some of you might get a laugh out of...

Gal who usually drives my morning bus: "So, doing anything special for Halloween, costumes or anything?"
Me: "Same as every year - Eternally P***-ed-Off Independent Contractor."
Her: "So, in short, your Halloween costume is yourself. *laughing*"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top