JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW, we had the opportunity to play on the new Sony PS4 with Virtual Reality head gear last night...absolutely stunning!

The first thing that came to mind is if this continues many will just sit on the couch like zombies enjoying all of life's pleasures and experiences without the hassle of travel...or sadly, not having to develop true personal relationships with others.

PlayStation VR

The first thing that came to mind is if this continues many will just sit on the couch like zombies enjoying all of life's pleasures and experiences without the hassle of travel...or sadly, not having to develop true personal relationships with others.

PlayStation VR

I hear ya. Given that our society seems ripe with addictive personalities, I see this being another enabling factor in folks lacking the ability to deal with all the scary and uncomfortable situations presented by the world. But hey, it's legal, so it can't be bad for you, right? And besides, mom said I'm a special snowflake and I deserve everything the world has to offer without actually working for it or contributing to society. I'm not knocking the technology, just people in general and their complete lack of foresight and willpower. Given the availability of this system to the public, does anyone else hope we'll see software developed for training? I'll bet that its a niche market, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'd love to have access to something in between Magpul's training DVD's and attending classes at Frontsight or Thunder Ranch.

ps - Sorry if I'm derailing the thread. I'll throw in this - Anyone play Farm Simulator 2015? I'm interested, but not sure if I want to throw down $40 on it. I love Harvest Moon for snes, and am hoping this will be everything that Harvest Moon lacked.

Viet Cong Fist Alpha and Purple Haze was my crack when it came out. Then the bubblegum hackers ruined it for everyone. I had a couple of good years out of it though. Then Quake Live came along. That was ok but same thing with hackers taking over. Then it went into the toilet altogether when it went Steam.

I've been quite busy since the last post in this thread. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and spent some time, after being able to do anything strenuous again, working on completing a 12x16 storage shed here at the house.

But, I'm writing this just to see how many gamers we have who also do dress-up on Halloween. I have my costume and it's for a character from one of the most-played series of games I've ever played.

I'll be an assassin, from Assassin's Creed.

Here's the online image for it...

View attachment 320152
I usually don't do much, if anything, for Halloween. But I have made my own assassin's costume. It's not as fancy as the one you posted, at lest not yet. I do have this to go with mine:
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fd3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net%2F22001127%2Fimages%2F60818.jpg

I usually don't do much, if anything, for Halloween. But I have made my own assassin's costume. It's not as fancy as the one you posted, at lest not yet. I do have this to go with mine:
View attachment 320201

I do like that added "touch"...if you get my drift. :)

However, I won't be able to add that to mine due to the fact that I actually will be on the job making deliveries tomorrow night. But, I'm sure to get a lot of heads turned and eyes popping when I show up to make their delivery. :)

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever play Fable II? Is it worth getting a 360 for? I figured I might as well get back into gaming a bit more (college has got me stressed enough I need more games o_O).
Never winter Nights 1-2
Dang, almost hard to believe I didn't read this part. I never played the first but I did the 2nd. Enjoyed it quite a lot really, not a great story IMO but pretty fun still. Its probably the only game, aside from Fallout NV and 4, where I had characters that ranged from being the most despicable person you can think of to being as good as possible. Blackguard was my favorite class too.

I'm stuck with some motorcross game I am so so at but can't stop playing - have a whole queue of RPGs but having a hard time making the commitment to jump in head first...

If I weren't stuck in a hotel where the Network Admin thinks peer-to-peer is something to be paranoid about and VPN's are the spawn of the devil, I'd have Star Citizen updating to maybe see about getting back into testing sometime before Christmas...

Have I mentioned that this douche loves nothing more than deciding to block your access when you're in the middle of a Webex where multi-million-dollar, potentially-make-or-break-the-company matters are being discussed?

I completely understand about that.
Most of my campaigns were heavily influenced by Tolkien , Nordic and Celtic myths.
Andy
I started playing RPGs in 1994. The main one was a Tolkien based world where all the role play was in text. Each room had a description and exits. There was a combat system, and armor and weapons you could buy with in-game coins. I've had a character there for 22 years now. Since then it's been Diablo and Heroes of Might and Magic. I haven't really been able to get into the FPS games.

I got the "new" Skyrim SE loaded up and have logged 8 hours in it playing from scratch. In the original...with a few select mods, I have 533 hours logged in that one.

But, playing this time around on a 49 inch 4K screen...at 4K resolution...really does make this game shine! (And, yes, with a lot of action on the screen it does tend to get a bit choppy at times. But, man, does that choppiness look great!!! :) )

Anyway, starting from scratch just makes me realize just why I spent so much time in this game the first time around.

Great, now I have drool all over my keyboard. Thanks a lot. :p

BTW, how did your costume go over last night?

I had quite a few compliments on the costume, and, somewhat surprisingly, nearly everyone knew what it was related to. :) Even one gal, who doesn't play video games, knew the character because she would watch her boyfriend play. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top