JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Driving home a few minutes ago from the store (needed a sixer of Pub Beer!) and I was flipping the radio and heard what sounded like the song 'LA Woman' by the Doors and I stopped on the station (a Bend classic rock station) BUT then realized it was NOT The Doors but cover of it by some group.

I did not recognize the band but to say the least I almost puked. It was a horrible rendition of what is a massively classic song, and one of the Doors best.

I like the doors, too. But tommy james would be a wreck if covering a classic song were wrong.

Bob dylan, prince, carole king, lou reed, jackson browne. For example hendrix on dylan for all along the watchtower. A) I'm sure dylan got royalties, B) increased attention to LP: john wesley harding, and C) also got to enjoy a b**ch*ng rendition of his great song, which was fleshed-out way more fully than the bare-bones dylan version.

Some songwriters are dynamos, Man.

Last Edited:
Driving home a few minutes ago from the store (needed a sixer of Pub Beer!) and I was flipping the radio and heard what sounded like the song 'LA Woman' by the Doors and I stopped on the station (a Bend classic rock station) BUT then realized it was NOT The Doors but cover of it by some group.

I did not recognize the band but to say the least I almost puked. It was a horrible rendition of what is a massively classic song, and one of the Doors best.
I've heard very few covers over the years that were worthy of the original. Personally, I think the Black Keys did an excellent job with their cover album Chulahoma. Other than that, I could probably count the number of decent covers on one hand.

Good call on the Pub beer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top