JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to play the old school D&D back in the 80s then quit aoo of that until around 2000 and I started playing EQ, got hooked and played for 3 or 4 years. played several other MMOS till WOW, played that for.. like ever but its gotten dull. Now I mostly play things like Diablo, Skyrim, fallout.

BTW, anyone still playing D3, let me know your Btag and we can hook up and kill stuff in mass quantities.

I was a WoW guy since beta. Pretty much done at this point in my life for time sinks.

I did just download World of Warships, and played that a couple of times.
Fun - ish...

I can't believe this thread has gone on for three pages and not one mention of Final Fantasy! The seventh installment in that series is pretty much the standard by which I measure all other RPGs. I wasted many an hour during my college days playing that one (I couldn't find anyone geeky enough to sit down for an AD&D campaign back then).

I can't believe this thread has gone on for three pages and not one mention of Final Fantasy! The seventh installment in that series is pretty much the standard by which I measure all other RPGs. I wasted many an hour during my college days playing that one (I couldn't find anyone geeky enough to sit down for an AD&D campaign back then).
Call it blasphemy, but I couldn't get into it, much as I tried. My brother was a different story.

Holly cow! How could I have forgotten those!!!!!

I started with the 1st one and held on till maybe 9 or 10.

I loved the first one and have very fond memories of my younger brother and I playing it for weeks.

My first RPGs were Dragon Warrior 1-3 on NES, followed by Super Mario RPG on SNES. Once I got a PC I got into MUDs and a lot of Usurper was played. My dad (yeah, my dad) got me into WoW after my step brothers got him into it and I've been playing ever since. He lives about 2k miles away so it's the only father-son time we get together, and we play dang near every Thursday.

That is a fantastic way to stay in touch and gives you more to talk about then the weather!..............

Talk about bringing back memories!

It must have been about 1999 that my mother, who is now 87, asked me to come down to their place in Florida and help her pick out a computer for herself! Yes, at her age she had decided she wanted to get in on the e-mails that the rest of us were exchanging and a way to keep up with family and friends. So, I did that and she, my step-dad [who died 15 years ago this week on the 9th] and I went to Best Buy ... which didn't have the advertised system we went to get...and then ended up at a store-front computer shop where we did end up getting one for her.

Now, at this time, they lived 500 miles away. I lost track of all the many, many nearly all-nighters we spent while we communicated via AOL IM teaching her how to use her new-fangled toy!

But, all of this was said to bring to this point: I got her the Links Golf Game series and we actually spent several nights playing against one another while my step-dad would sit and watch on her end as we played. They later moved back up here and, to this day, I'm still her computer "guru" and was just over there Wednesday getting her desktop, and two laptops updated with the latest Windows updates and such. These days, she and my newest step-dad (they got married 3 1/2 years ago on Valentine's Day) are playing these Flash Jigsaw puzzles online.

I can't believe it's that cheap. Granted, I could run all of those on an emulator for free, but it's just not the same without that uncomfortable rectangular prism of a controller.

I can't believe it's that cheap. Granted, I could run all of those on an emulator for free, but it's just not the same without that uncomfortable rectangular prism of a controller.

That's funny, I had emulator software and hundreds and hundreds of old games for it years ago but I honestly don't know what even happened to all that data.

I'm looking forward to the old school controller. After the Xbox and PlayStation evolutions I'm guessing it's going to be weird to go so far back.

@Dyre Straits, started the FPS thread and it seems like we have quite a few older and newer gamers on the forum so I thought am RPG thread might get some use as well.

Personally, I was playing RPG's long before the FPS games came out. Maybe starting at age 11 so almost 29 years into those games now and while I love the FPS system, RPG's will always be a favorite of mine.

I played thru (I think it was 7) Ultima 1-7, back when things were text based to start. I also played Ultima Underworld and enjoyed that. I never played the Ultima Online game though.

Other favorites that pop up:

Deus Ex 1 - didn't get into 2 much

Never winter Nights 1-2

Diablo series - all of them

(so many titles I just can't place names too - dang memory. I'm hoping others lists will jog my memory a bit)

I ended with World of Warcraft - yup super nerd here. Spent thousands of hours on that game from day one thru the Ice King add on. Ran a guild of a few hundred regulars and did everything in the game up till then with multiple characters, Druid being my favorite (had a hunter, warlock, priest all leveled and in full raid gear). I stopped playing the same day I got laid off - it's one thing to have a time sink when you are working and have some down time but once I was home 24/7 I knew I would just waste even more hours. While I played though my wife did as well and it was more fun then watching the tv all night for us.

I'm a more options and less specialties type player personally so I like characters that are hybrids.

What RPG's started you into the genre and what are your favorites?

Zelda growing up, a little FF maybe

Ill say it, I am an old school D&D guy. I started there in high school.

HALO in the Marines

Man.... WoW got me hooked back when I just got out of the Marines and was going to college and devoted ...way...way...way too much time to that game. Tauren Hunter and druid FTW by the way.

Then the Morrowind franchise of course

Baulders gate, Diablo, neverwinter all trying to quit WoW... dabbled in some Star Wars RPG didn't care for it.

Then I had to take a step back and just stop. That or not graduate college.

Then I dipped back in with mainly console games

Borderlands (all)

Fallout (any version)

Skyrim

Destiny

Witcher 3

Division

Pretty much any hunter / gather, survival type RPG makes me happy. Ill rock Minecraft for hours with my son still to this day but his interests are vast and he seems to have moved on to a game called Terraria that I know very little about.

DeadpoolPDX on xbox live / one if anyone wants to add me

That's funny, I had emulator software and hundreds and hundreds of old games for it years ago but I honestly don't know what even happened to all that data.

I'm looking forward to the old school controller. After the Xbox and PlayStation evolutions I'm guessing it's going to be weird to go so far back.

I JUST bought a refurbished old NES system for my son for his birthday. I wanted him to see what his dad grew up with. I tracked down all my favorite games even.

The DAY AFTER my buddy sent me a link for the new Nintendo coming out that has all my favorite games internal and I got sooooo mad lmao.

I JUST bought a refurbished old NES system for my son for his birthday. I wanted him to see what his dad grew up with. I tracked down all my favorite games even.

The DAY AFTER my buddy sent me a link for the new Nintendo coming out that has all my favorite games internal and I got sooooo mad lmao.

Now that's kind of funny:D.

As cool as the new one seems like it will be, having an original with the cartridges has to be a very cool thing to show your son and to have for posterities sake:cool:.

There's nothing like blowing on them and smacking the top of the machine:p.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top