JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get my wife a new holster for Christmas. She currently carries a Taurus 605 (2" .357) in a Fobus Ankle holster. The holster is alright but she wants more options. She's thought about a belly band. I've suggested the Smart Carry. Any other ideas? She is a stay at home mom so she never dresses up except for Church on Sunday and the occasional night out. Any of you ladies, or guys whose wives carry, out there have any good suggestions or experience?

If it's something she could wait for, i just got a Milt Sparks PMK for my SP101. I love it, but Milt originally designed it for his wife to carry her Colt Detective Special 2". He designed it to ride a little lower than some OWB concealment holsters so the butt of the pistol wouldn't dig into her rib cage. Wish you were in Portland, I'd let your wife try my rig and see how she liked it.

The only down side is the 5-6 month wait, but they're worth it.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

If it's something she could wait for, i just got a Milt Sparks PMK for my SP101. I love it, but Milt originally designed it for his wife to carry her Colt Detective Special 2". He designed it to ride a little lower than some OWB concealment holsters so the butt of the pistol wouldn't dig into her rib cage. Wish you were in Portland, I'd let your wife try my rig and see how she liked it.

The only down side is the 5-6 month wait, but they're worth it.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

Wow. 5-6 months is a long wait. How much are these holsters?
I really don't even know where to start for her. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a holster yet because she doesn't know how/where she's comfortable carrying on her body. I was hoping for a $50 holster but I'm not sure I can get anything decent for that price. I know I won't get anything high quality but I'd hate to spend $100+ on a holster only to find out she doesn't like it.

Never mind the price. I just noticed your link to the website.

Last Edited:
A gun purse. Like this one or many others is an option.
<broken link removed>

My wife has expressed disdain for purses in general. She carries a wallet.
She also doesn't like the fact that the gun isn't really on your person. So no matter where she went she couldn't set her purse down. It'd be like carrying your gun in a briefcase. It would be quite comfortable but inconvenient I think.

Wow. 5-6 months is a long wait. How much are these holsters?
I really don't even know where to start for her. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a holster yet because she doesn't know how/where she's comfortable carrying on her body. I was hoping for a $50 holster but I'm not sure I can get anything decent for that price. I know I won't get anything high quality but I'd hate to spend $100+ on a holster only to find out she doesn't like it.

Never mind the price. I just noticed your link to the website.

The PMK was $90.00 plus shipping. It is a lot to spend, but Milt Sparks Holsters are in such demand you would have no problem selling it probably for what you paid for it if she didn't like it. If she's looking for an IWB holster, I used to have a Sig 232 that I carried in a Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket. Very comfortable holster and you might be able to find one in stock for her pistol. Her specific pistol isn't listed, but if it is like a S&W J frame 2" it would probably work.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top