JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This guy thinks I'm only buying one safe!
Good to hear. See, myself, started with a cheap Sentry tin box. Then got a 24 gun Tracker. (FYI, 24 rifles is going to be a stretch in that 24 gun safe!. The bad part is I don't have room for more without getting rid of something. The up side? Then you have some money for the replacement!

The plan was always to get a sporting rifle and handgun after the kids (8 and 4 now) left home. My wife has been very firm about no firearms in the house while we have small children. I presented her with the very real possibility of a Washington state assault weapons ban during this legislative session, citing prior attempts and bills and the support it has garnered.
I then presented a compromise of buying lowers. She agreed, but wanted to know the differences and possibilities of them being used as an M16/M4. She's a veteran and has very little experience with firearms and firearm laws outside the military. The best part is I discovered she wants a rifle as well, but had originally dismissed the idea because she thought getting something the size of her issued M4 would be illegal... then we move to talking about SBRs and NFA tax stamps... the next year is going to be interesting, but it looks like I'm in the market for some lowers now!
We all have to bear in mind that the early iterations of the ban included the provisions of not being able to buy "parts" that go to or are part of a firearm that was deemed an "assault weapon".

Start with just one.....maybe, a 22LR.
Then it'll be......

1673642401319.png

LOL.

Aloha, Mark

It's not a "Liberty", but it's a necessity! It WILL keep the kids out, unless they have some crazy, developed skills, at a young age? It will delay would be thieves more so than the uninsulated tin box that Sentry Safes sells. Something else, you'll most likely find many other things that you'll want to put in the safe too!

Costco is another place to get a decent safe for a decent price. When they have them. And you, appear, to have one fairly close by.
To reclaim your dominance I dare you to lag bolt it down in the middle of the living room.

Lowers are in a safe. Still shopping for appropriate storage for completed rifles.
I have a Liberty safe and a Stack-On gun cabinet. I bought the cabinet first because I was able to secure the guns when my wife first moved in and brought the kids. I've seen similar units at Bi-Mart and they aren't expensive. enough room for 4-6 long guns. When I bought my safe I gave Dad the cabinet so he could secure his guns. They are built like a decent tool box, use the barrel keys and can be bolted down. It's far better, especially if bolted down, than nothing. These days I use it for ammo storage.
You can spend both arms and legs buying a safe, but around here Liberty Safes are pretty common. Built locally and very good for the money.

Oh, you guys are only going to own 2-3 guns! Cool. :rolleyes:

:s0140:
This list so far...
Wife's SBR which we're thinking about saying "oh, yeah... its already an AR Pistol" for the free tax stamp.
My built AR (on hold, if the tax stamp takes too long it will get parts bought and built)
SIG Tread M400 (Money down, then the 10 day wait... the background check... submit i-1639 certificate... the blessing from LEO)

Storage Safe discussion still ongoing.

Proposed:
She wants a bolt action 22
I want a lever action preferably with a hexagonal barrel to get some etching done

Oh, you guys are only going to own 2-3 guns! Cool. :rolleyes:

:s0140:
Yeah... now I'm looking at a 30-30 Win95, a SigP320c, a Springfield M1... so now I'm up to seven, my grandfather has a bunch to give me, my wifes grandfather has a few coming my way... my dad has a pistol for me, he was waiting for me to get a safe. What have I gotten myself into?
Guns at the beginning of 2023: 0
"Guns" by end of week 2: 2
Planned guns by the end of week 2: 3
Planned guns by middle of week 3: 15...

WTF?! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

77y86v.jpg

Yeah... now I'm looking at a 30-30 Win95, a SigP320c, a Springfield M1... so now I'm up to seven, my grandfather has a bunch to give me, my wifes grandfather has a few coming my way... my dad has a pistol for me, he was waiting for me to get a safe. What have I gotten myself into?

View attachment 1348379
Yeah.

View attachment 1348379
Definitely stick with the Winchester 95! I never knew there was one! Odd looking bird. And the M1. Some serious history right there. You can pick up a sig 320 anytime. I'm just biased to the old(er) stuff now. And I have a barely pre war win 94 in .30-30 and a couple of Garands.
Good times man!

Definitely stick with the Winchester 95! I never knew there was one! Odd looking bird. And the M1. Some serious history right there. You can pick up a sig 320 anytime. I'm just biased to the old(er) stuff now. And I have a barely pre war win 94 in .30-30 and a couple of Garands.
Good times man!
I think its a reproduction of the 1895 chambered in 30-30? Its available for purchase, they exist. Though if I can can find a lever action with a hex barrel that is more desirable.

I think its a reproduction of the 1895 chambered in 30-30? Its available for purchase, they exist. Though if I can can find a lever action with a hex barrel that is more desirable.
I'm not much f a repro guy. Having said that, the wife did take a strong liking to a stainless Rossi M92 in .45 colt at the last OAC BIG show, and we ended getting it for her. I gotta say that is a mighty fine, smooth running rifle!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top