JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not "into" wheel guns but, certainly nothing wrong with them. Before the small auto for carry market took off I had a few wheel guns that I loved. Couple of them I wish I had never sold. For those who wish to keep and or carry one they need to practice with them. I have seen a LOT of people who would only shoot S/A at the range because it was easier to put holes in the paper that way. They really need to practice shooting D/A so they can hit what they shoot at if they have to bring that gun into action.

I like revolvers, but I think in a tense situation reloading under pressure could be an issue, speed loaders or not. Wouldn't mind having one as a back up tho (Chicago reload I think they call it).

Aside from a pump 12 mossie 500, I have a pre-model 10 handy. By the bed... And a pit bull terrier if she wakes up, guaranteed to lick the guy to death...
For woods/mtn carry I like a revolver with snake-shot in the first 2 chambers, While not prolific compared to other areas we do have prairie rattlers and with the warming climatic conditions, western diamondbacks are showing up these days.

Last Edited:
1659294746361.png

I like revolvers, but I think in a tense situation reloading under pressure could be an issue, speed loaders or not. Wouldn't mind having one as a back up tho (Chicago reload I think they call it).
If I can't hit an immediate threat @ >20ft. It's a nervous issue, not a reloading capacity issue.

I don't follow the logic. You could also have your revolver in the safe.
I guess when you put it like that, it doesn't. However, I've been shooting various iterations of revolvers, since I was 15 so it's more a comfort thing for me.

And knowing in a emergency situation, I can stop a threat without any real brain work involved

Who else here keeps/carries a SA/DA or just DA for personal/domestic safety, and what is your rationale?

For me, it's simple with a SA/DA. if the next index on the cylinder has a round in it, no safety, no checking the chamber to prevent a double feed (if you always have one in the chamber), no having to retract the slide to chamber...if someone is an immediate threat, you've got only a second or two to pull & shoot.

This is what makes America great! You have the freedom to choose what works best for you.
And, you are obeying the first rule of gunfighting: Have a gun!\

ps I prefer a semi-auto, Cocked and locked
'Murica!!

The small one is for home defense or carry, the blue one I shoot monthly. The stainless Colt Python has never been shot, only the test rounds from the factory, sits in my safe in my gun room. One day I will sell it, but the other two are a lot of fun to shoot.
I like my semiauto Sigs more though, ease of use and 21 round capacity on my 226 Blackwater with the Short reset trigger, wins every time.

.44 mag has some serious recoil and sighting up a target for a second shot on the python.

Very nice nickel finish. 🤙

Basically, if you're target shooting barrel length counts. If you need a home defense weapon. .45ACP or .38sp if you're a wheel gun guy.

.44 mag has some serious recoil and sighting up a target for a second shot on the python.

Very nice nickel finish. 🤙

Basically, if you're target shooting barrel length counts. If you need a home defense weapon. .45ACP or .38sp if you're a wheel gun guy.
.44 Special.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads