JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

"It is difficult to describe the impact — physical and personal — of that first shot. It felt like a meteor had struck the earth in front of me," Kevin McCallum, a political reporter for Seven Days, wrote unashamedly.
Almost as bad as the guy that started crying after he shot the ar15, more ridiculous fear mongering about the "evil black gun"

Last Edited:
The Babylon Bee did a follow up story on the reporters sorid experience and its worth reading....if you like to laugh. :s0140:

Love it!

I will tell you what was going to happen next, what was planned to happen from the get go. He was going to follow his masters orders and further the big lie about guns regardless of how he really felt about shooting. In truth he probably went home with a hard on and played with himself all night...
Yea that's right I just got spicy, ass_holes like this really piss me off! :mad:

betas gonna beta
Plus I am guessing he could not go home with it that night? most likely more fear mongering trying to convince people that there is nothin to acquiring this type of firearm thus scaring more people by making the ignorant think that you can get one so easily, even at the grocery store... :rolleyes:

I wish the dude could experience an ultra-light 338 win mag. The 6.5 lb kind with no brake and a 1/2 inch "recoil pad" for weight savings! Just get your face a LITTLE closer to that scope....
Hate to be in a firefight with him, probably drop his gun and run betraying the rest of the squad, coward...

The reality of it is that we get older and there's fewer things we can do for exercise and enjoyment. I can't play football anymore, nor do I want to play basketball or baseball. Still need to be active and improving, so shooting and reloading takes that slot. I wouldn't be surprised if the man went out and bought himself a gun to practice a new skill.

The reality of it is that we get older and there's fewer things we can do for exercise and enjoyment. I can't play football anymore, nor do I want to play basketball or baseball. Still need to be active and improving, so shooting and reloading takes that slot. I wouldn't be surprised if the man went out and bought himself a gun to practice a new skill.
He just wont tell his masters, lest they out him to everyone and fire him for the betrayal.

Gather round children, take your seats you have a lot to learn today! I read the article and came away with an overall positive take from the article! It outlined an awesome business model that provides their customers the ability to test drive a gun (raise your hand children if you have bought a gun that was a "wrong" fit from the first time you fired it!), provides new shooters training in the safe and proper way of handling "firearms"; provides a pleasant retail experience with a diverse product selection, it sounds to me like a place I would like to hang out!
Here is where the lesson begins, if you leave your pre-conceptions behind what the reporter said could be interpreted in a very different light, I will grant you that the meteor reference was poorly chosen, but what if he felt the earth move cause he liked it! What if the fear he talks about is the fear that he not only could have taken a gun home, but that he WANTED to!?! And the fear was all around dealing with a his new reality, that being a gun owner and a shooter was going To change his life?
Or he could be a 🐈… hard to know… but I do know that more businesses like this one are needed, more reporters giving the "firearm" industry a pretty fair shake, are needed too! Cause gentlemen, we are in the minority and need all the reasonable acquaintances we can from the other side!

Gather round children, take your seats you have a lot to learn today! I read the article and came away with an overall positive take from the article! It outlined an awesome business model that provides their customers the ability to test drive a gun (raise your hand children if you have bought a gun that was a "wrong" fit from the first time you fired it!), provides new shooters training in the safe and proper way of handling "firearms"; provides a pleasant retail experience with a diverse product selection, it sounds to me like a place I would like to hang out!
Here is where the lesson begins, if you leave your pre-conceptions behind what the reporter said could be interpreted in a very different light, I will grant you that the meteor reference was poorly chosen, but what if he felt the earth move cause he liked it! What if the fear he talks about is the fear that he not only could have taken a gun home, but that he WANTED to!?! And the fear was all around dealing with a his new reality, that being a gun owner and a shooter was going To change his life?
Or he could be a 🐈… hard to know… but I do know that more businesses like this one are needed, more reporters giving the "firearm" industry a pretty fair shake, are needed too! Cause gentlemen, we are in the minority and need all the reasonable acquaintances we can from the other side!
All this could be true, but we, you and I both know full well how the anti-gunners' will read this and as such will only further their hatred and distain for all guns and those of us who own them. If we reacted the way we have then how do you think the anti's are going to interpret his words?

The thing is, I don't think you can decouple the two in this instance. If this was a small child who didn't have the vocabulary or experience to explain what they were feeling or to mentally prepare themselves, that would be one thing. Here however, we have a fully grown adult comparing a single cartridge of .223 to the planetary impact of an asteroid. This person is supposed to be a journalist, someone who is supposed to have a breadth of experience and perspective, along with the ability to communicate that in a dispassionate and unbiased manner. Here they are clearly editorializing and using subjective emotions outside fact to push an agenda and its apparent in every word they chose. He could have said the business "will attract patrons from the northeastern region," but instead he said "gun enthusiasts from around the region will soon be descending on Waterbury." He could have said that visitors and customers of the range ebb and flow, but instead he wrote "The visitors — and the volleys of gunfire — seemed to come in waves." He described a Ruger Precision Rifle as a "long-range military sniper rifle." Hell, he even titled the article "Shots Fired." He dragged out all the anti-gun boogey-men too: guns make the house less safe, that oooooh scary he could have had a gun TODAY, that guns are so easy to use and amazingly lethal while simultaneously not being able to hit anything, focusing on the ages of the young recipients to implicitly characterize young shooters as abnormal, etc.

I don't think anyone here is making fun of the author for being a new shooter, they're making fun of him for being a patently biased sellout, and for emasculating himself in order to kowtow to his political agenda.

Journalists they are supposed to offer objective informative perspectives on subjects, and this ain't that. It's a hit piece, pure and simple. There are loads of unbiased articles about first time shooting experiences but those don't sell outrage clicks to get to your ad-revenue quotas. And on that note I recommend anyone wanting to read that article to do it via archive.org, don't feed the trolls with your clicks.
This^^^
It's not ad hominem attack- the dude's an bubblegum hole.

Joe

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top