JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Op-Ed: I Tried Firing An AR-15 Yesterday And I Have Literally Been Soiling Myself For 17 Straight Hours

I had to chug a beer and then another to attempt to get my nerves 'settled' after reading this.....

I sincerely hope this guy was not serious as I cannot imagine anyone so painfully pathetic who would write something like that and present it as a 'real' experience.....

The only thing I think I ever read worse was about a family of three (if I recall) who had to 'barricade' themselves in a room of their house to escape their pet CAT that had gone 'wild' and was attacking them. (true story - out of Portland, OR)

On the flip side of the coin, I had the great pleasure to assist a young boy shoot my full auto M1A1 Thompson at the last Trash No Land event and the kid couldn't have been older then 8 yrs old.
He took that heavy Thompson and proceeded to circle cut a hole through center of the plywood target big enough to throw a beer can through it.
He then handled the suppressed SWD 11/nine like a pro and cut in half the 2x4 post holding up the target, unlike most folks who just let them rip, he sighted down the sights and aimed for effects.
His parents have done a good job in teaching him about following instructions about safely handling firearms.

On the flip side of the coin, I had the great pleasure to assist a young boy shoot my full auto M1A1 Thompson at the last Trash No Land event and the kid couldn't have been older then 8 yrs old.
He took that heavy Thompson and proceeded to circle cut a hole through center of the plywood target big enough to throw a beer can through it.
He then handled the suppressed SWD 11/nine like a pro and cut in half the 2x4 post holding up the target, unlike most folks who just let them rip, he sighted down the sights and aimed for effects.
His parents have done a good job in teaching him about following instructions about safely handling firearms.
And I bet you gave the lad a memory he'll treasure for the rest of his life. :)

I said screw it and sent him an email, maybe he'll come out and try my 300 weatherby. Let him learn about firepower and lethality from a different perspective. :)

Wonder what the reporter would make of shooting a original Springfield Musket , dated 1808...?
Andy
P1130865.JPG

I had to chug a beer and then another to attempt to get my nerves 'settled' after reading this.....

I sincerely hope this guy was not serious as I cannot imagine anyone so painfully pathetic who would write something like that and present it as a 'real' experience.....

The only thing I think I ever read worse was about a family of three (if I recall) who had to 'barricade' themselves in a room of their house to escape their pet CAT that had gone 'wild' and was attacking them. (true story - out of Portland, OR)
That was a satire article mocking the OP's article posted in #1.

Sometimes I wonder if the stories a written to profile people for both sides to build on what they believe. Its hard to understand how a man could be such a wuss for everyone to see but even more difficult for him to broadcast to the world he is a wuss.

Is it media manipulation to put out stories like this? :s0093:

What is with reporters filing claims for PTSD after firing a rifle?

"It felt like a meteor had struck the earth in front of me."

a little farther down....

"right now Seven Days is prioritizing the production of responsible journalism"

image.png

Last Edited:
I would LOVE to see an article after he shot my M82A1 with 10 rounds of semi automatic .50bmg goodness. Could walk out of a shop with one same day

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews