JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm... yeah, I can see where Hornady is going with the cute chick angle on promoting their product and educating new to the market reloaders. My only question is; in the UK? Really? I thought the only thing Rosie could shoot there was a sultry look across a crowded pub :p

Hmmm... yeah, I can see where Hornady is going with the cute chick angle on promoting their product and educating new to the market reloaders. My only question is; in the UK? Really? I thought the only thing Rosie could shoot there was a sultry look across a crowded pub :p

I'll pretend for the sake of maintaining a harmonic relationship with this site that you haven't read a single one of my other 3565 posts, mostly about shooting in the UK, and that as a result you really didn't mean that, and we'll move on, OK?

tac

Last Edited:
Rosie is speaking the vulgate form of English, mostly as spoken in the South East of the country of England. If she was speaking like a person from the North East, or even Suffolk/Norfolk, you'd probably need subtitles.

tac

Fun, informative, great personality, whays the problem here? Seriously, we need all the help we can get, and from a positive angle from a nice lady to help expand our horizons! Great posting @tac bookmarked for reference!:D

Eye candy bonus is nice too!:p

Please read what I wrote in post #1 - 'From Edgar Bros here in yUK - major importers and distributors for over fifty years.'

tac
Relax brother. It's all in fun.

Btw I watched every single video before going to work today. :D

Uhhhh... working up loads with Rosie? Finding it hard to keep the comments in context.
I know she was talking, but that sultry accent and and her....
... crap lost my train of though again.
I'm in love.

....the way she says "no" sounds like she's saying "noy"...
I wonder... phonically speaking, which accent would be the purest form of English?

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... great sucking of teeth here, Bro. Who zackly defines the 'purist form of English'?

So-called 'received English', like what most MAIN news readers utter on BBC news, is NOT the most widespread accent - in fact, it only appears in certain sections of society along a narrow corridor of native English speakers in England, mostly those who had the benefit of university education in Oxbridge. As you move away from that strip, and move into the general population, England, let alone Wales, Scotland and Norn Iron, is awash with local accents and dialects, even today. The well-regarded Lord Melvin Bragg, author, commentator and all-round bon oeuf, was born in Cumbria - the top North West part of England adjacent to Scotland, a part of the country very heavily influenced, like the North in general, by Norse from Denmark and Norway. Until he was about twelve, and got fed up of having his leg pulled at school, he didn't actually speak English, but Cumbric, a dialect of English made up of Old Norse, Old Egnlish and surprisingly, Roma. Even down where I live, the Viking influence in the form of left-over Anglo-Saxon, surrounds us in place names and family names too, let alone the vernacular. In fact, the entire right-hand half of England, top to bottom, is heavily place-named with recognisably Norse place-names.

I suggest that you get on to Youtube and listen to some British accents, and you'll find that Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and his fractured 'Cockney' London English is about a billion miles away from anything you'll hear.

Being a natural polyglot, picking up languages the way most people pick up the weekly groceries, I have a 'neutral' accent in spoken English - what you might call a 'well-educated', much like the foks in the Downton Abbey TV series. As a result, my spoken English is very measured - remember that I was a teacher and instructor of a wide range of technical subjects, in four languages, for most of my military career. However, within half an hour of being with you, I'd sound like your next-door neighbour, IF I wanted to. And in case you're wondering, I really DO speak the way I write, and vice-versa.

tac

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR