JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody here recognise this?

Ealle fīras sind boren frēo ond geefenlican in ār ond riht. Hīe sind gifeðe gerād ond ingehygd, ond sculon dōn ongēan oðrum be feore of brōþorhāde.

It's Old English, often called Anglo-Saxon.

OK, I'l make it easy for you..... :)

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)

tac

OK. I can't stand it.:rolleyes:
I have to tell this one...:p
A fella hears two women chatting at the end of the bar,
so he walks down and says, " I heard you two chatting and it sounds like you're from England.":)
One of them turns and says in a nasty voice, "That's Wales you sod.":mad:
He then reply's, " Oh. Which of you two Whales is from England ?":D

I like this Rosie.
Charming young woman.

Edit:
As far as lingo goes. it's alarming how many Americans don't know the difference between there, they're and their.
OTOH, I worked with a carpenter from Dublin, Noel Clark his name was.
It would piss him off when I couldn't understand him.
Very heavy accent.

Last Edited:
I have watched a couple of Guy Martin videos on Netflix. "Guy Martin's Spitfire" and the one about the last flight of the Vulcan bomber. I can hardly understand a word he says, but his enthusiasm is infectious! :) Smile for tac!

Note for tac: I used the keystrokes for a smile in the hope that it would show as plain text, but the site shows it as the emoticon. (frown)

Me too :)

Guy Martin is from Grimsby, Lincolnshire. He is one of these people who can never lose their basic accent, and I'd love to hear him speaking Spanish or Italian - that WOULD really be a hoot. Note that the town-name suffix, -by, denotes Norse origins. I'd go into it a bit more but this is a gun forum, not a history of the English language forum.

tac

Anybody wanna place bets on how much more easily we could sell 2A if we had pinup and glamour models as our spokesfaces like this? (Yes, I have seen her uh, "assets"--and wouldn't mind her joining the GF and me for a sandwich ;) , though I've seen what I consider hotter in Brit pinup.)

Me too :)

Guy Martin is from Grimsby, Lincolnshire. He is one of these people who can never lose their basic accent, and I'd love to hear him speaking Spanish or Italian - that WOULD really be a hoot. Note that the town-name suffix, -by, denotes Norse origins. I'd go into it a bit more but this is a gun forum, not a history of the English language forum.

tac
Nonetheless it is fascinating to hear that stronger accents and other languages continue to persist and that what we hear and think of as a "British accent" in America is not the whole story. Read a thread about a reloading video, get a short lesson on the history of the english language. : ) :)

I hear youtube has changed its policy (if that is a youtube video linked in the op post, can't tell as streaming video is blocked here), and reloading videos are going to be taken down, as well as anything that shows full auto/bump stocks ect. Virtue signaling, by google.

Ignoring for the moment the broad Glaswegian Scots of the likes of Rab C Nesbitt, we still have many regional and local accents that are nigh-on impenetrable to an outsider. Youtube somebody speaking Geordie, for instance. Rosie sounds like Alistair Cooke by comparison - and BTW, her brand of English is called 'Estuary English' and is prevalent in Essex.

tac, who spoges proper good.

Well well well...turns out she's a former Page 3 girl. You gents may want to hone your google-fu if you are seeking a better reward.
I don't know what Page 3 is, but Rosie Jones' "assets" are all over the internet. She even has what some call a "tramp stamp" Tatoo on the small of her back.... Or so I'm told;)

The very same gal. She is the Edgar Bros calendar gal...they are the largest importers of firearms into the UK.

tac
And IIRC very supportive of veterans' charities and a participant in USO-type morale events for the troops in the Sandbox/Rockpile. Not my dreamshot of knocking up Christina Hendricks, but if she offered to bear my children and the GF was okay with it I wouldn't turn her down...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top