JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost ready to try loading a few. Now If only I could remember where I put that primed brass and those projectiles o_O.

20211218_175323.jpg

You know if you do this long enough you can build these like 40 or 50 times haha. Assuming you live that longo_O. This one is in my travel trailer. The rule is that I can't fasten to the countertop. I used some pine trim around the edges to lock it down and I can pull the bench out easily if I need some counter space. The benchtop actually slides out with very little effort.

Next comes the press and how to organize all the various accoutrements. I am kind of digging doing as much as I can with very little space.
View attachment 1088120
Brother, where there is a will there is away and ingenuity speaks volumes. Lol

I found 'em yesterday we are rolling.

Man that carbine eats a lot of groceries. I need to get a rear iron sight for the rail. Using a red dot right now.

20211220_183241.jpg

Still have those pre-primed 40 Smith & Wesson cases haha. Maybe I'll put that on the press when I'm done with this run of 9mm. After that I gotta get busy with some .351. They all take the same shell plate;).

Here's what I put together for my southwest firearms bench based on the DIY bench build pictured.
Mine is shorter to fill my limited space, 60" wide by 30" deep by 36" high.

The shelf is only 16" deep to provide legroom and 16" off the ground for buckets, tubs and other stuff

The top is 2 pieces of 1/2" plywood glued and screwed

Loaded 50 rounds of 10mm today to break it in

lower-shelf.jpg Bare Bench.jpg Finished Bench.jpg

Here's what I put together for my southwest firearms bench based on the DIY bench build pictured.

The shelf is only 16" deep to provide legroom and 16" off the ground for buckets, tubs and other stuff

View attachment 1161150 View attachment 1161151 View attachment 1161152
What did you use to model that in, in the first pic?

Very nice!

What did you use to model that in, in the first pic?

It is a photo from DIY magazine. I don't know what they used to make the model or if it is a real "studio pic". They sell the plans for $7.
They also say you can build it for $50 but only if you have a time machine or a friend with a discount lumber store.
I used 8 studs @ $7.49 each and a sheet of plywood for $60. Deck screws for $7. I also used this as an excuse to purchase a few tools :)

This online linear cut optimizer helped map out all the pieces

I based my build on their design but customized it to fit my space and needs.
Mine is only 5 feet wide so I have less middle supports etc.

I assembled the frame for the top and bottom shelf then measured the inside to get the cut length for the cross members.

My shelf is higher than theirs as I wanted to slide 5 gal buckets underneath.

Looks like a solid, sturdy reloading bench.
Nice job.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top