JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We don't use dryer sheets and I know my neighbor does but I don't want them to think I'm weird asking for them. Lol
Oh have I got responses for that one but I don't want to get in trouble. I've been told if I don't open my mouth the words won't fall out so I think I'm going to tie my hands behind my back to keep my fingers out of trouble.

Got a new bench today.
And another 650.
And...
Just got it home tonight.
I'm pretty excited

20220524_223002.jpg

Anybody here use the Hornady Bullet Feeder Die.
Just got it today.
I'm liking it

View attachment 1208016
Yep been using those bullet feeder dies for 9mm and 38 for a long time.
When I bought them I did need to "adjust" the fingers because I feed coated bullets thru them.
While I was in there, I de-burred the fingers too to get 100% function.
I pre-fill tubes before I start loading though, each tube holds 50+ bullets and I have to stop after 100 rounds to add primers.
Um, just know that I "modify" everything though,

BulletTubePaintS.jpg
I have a sky hook above the press to support the tubing:
SkyHook.JPG
:s0112:

Yep been using those bullet feeder dies for 9mm and 38 for a long time.
When I bought them I did need to "adjust" the fingers because I feed coated bullets thru them.
While I was in there, I de-burred the fingers too to get 100% function.
I pre-fill tubes before I start loading though, each tube holds 50+ bullets and I have to stop after 100 rounds to add primers.
Um, just know that I "modify" everything though,

View attachment 1208238
I have a sky hook above the press to support the tubing:
View attachment 1208239
You don't use the Hornady tubes?

You don't use the Hornady tubes?
Actually no, back then no one was selling bullet tubes, I bought the plastic tubes from this aquarium supply website.
Tubes were WAY CHEAPER then....
And now there's this 3D printed stuff:

Those tubes are semi-ridged and need that high support to keep them from bending/kinking.
I have since bought tubes sold be Lee, could be for their case feeder though.
I have read where the Lee 4 tube case feeder can be adopted the Hornady bullet feeder die.

I never warmed up the aluminum tubes because they need a slot to see the bullet level.

Last Edited:
COVID project of over 2 years. Always wanted a nice den, and now I do.
Black walnut (from property I grew up on), and maple trim.
Desk designed to allow a press anywhere on the left side I want it. C Clamps and modified dog holes to hold.
Bureau holds all my gear.
Loving the inline fabrication gear.

With that said, never again. It wasn't easy. Before I did this I could do some decent finish work inside a house. This took it to a whole new level with a friends assistance. Poor guy.

a. (2).jpg a.bureau3.jpg a.desk2.jpg a.desk5.jpg a.wall4.jpg

Anybody here use the Hornady Bullet Feeder Die.
Just got it today.
I'm liking it

View attachment 1208016
Tried for a bit, 9mm, couldn't get it to work reliably. May have been the coated bullets I was using at the time? Dunno.

Gave up & went with Mr Bullet Feeder mini. No problems with Mr Bullet feeder, & have since bought extra tube magazines.

Just ordered another one for .40/10mm. In transit.

Tried for a bit, 9mm, couldn't get it to work reliably. May have been the coated bullets I was using at the time? Dunno.

Gave up & went with Mr Bullet Feeder mini. No problems with Mr Bullet feeder, & have since bought extra tube magazines.

Just ordered another one for .40/10mm. In transit.
I have a friend who helped me get it going. Was doing plated pulls and one wouldn't come through so I had to take the die off the press and the lock ring wasn't tight so the adjustment got messed up and I gave up again.

Another member 3-D printed this one and I have it working pretty well. Was finishing the plated pulls so I wasn't concerned with getting it tuned perfect.
Want to get finished and start on some RMR Nukes and then I will be more concerned with getting it closer to perfection.
If I had a left thumb I wouldn't even worry about a bullet feeder. I can load at my leisure and don't care about about a million rounds an hour. My left hand does fatigue easily so the feeder is more about medical necessity than efficiency. It is really cool when it is working and the rounds just magically pile up.

20221023_181941.jpg

I have a friend who helped me get it going. Was doing plated pulls and one wouldn't come through so I had to take the die off the press and the lock ring wasn't tight so the adjustment got messed up and I gave up again.

Another member 3-D printed this one and I have it working pretty well. Was finishing the plated pulls so I wasn't concerned with getting it tuned perfect.
Want to get finished and start on some RMR Nukes and then I will be more concerned with getting it closer to perfection.
If I had a left thumb I wouldn't even worry about a bullet feeder. I can load at my leisure and don't care about about a million rounds an hour. My left hand does fatigue easily so the feeder is more about medical necessity than efficiency. It is really cool when it is working and the rounds just magically pile up.

View attachment 1297650
I know I might regret this and I'm not being insensitive but what happened to your left thumb? If you posted this earlier and I didn't see it somewhere I apologize. I'm always interested to see how people deal with a physical set back and continue to reload. Most of my disabilities are in the 6 in between my eyes

COVID project of over 2 years. Always wanted a nice den, and now I do.
Black walnut (from property I grew up on), and maple trim.
Desk designed to allow a press anywhere on the left side I want it. C Clamps and modified dog holes to hold.
Bureau holds all my gear.
Loving the inline fabrication gear.

With that said, never again. It wasn't easy. Before I did this I could do some decent finish work inside a house. This took it to a whole new level with a friends assistance. Poor guy.

View attachment 1297578 View attachment 1297579 View attachment 1297580 View attachment 1297581 View attachment 1297582
Absolutely gorgeous congratulations. Is that black walnut veneer on the face or is it solid? Really beautiful I'm stunned. I really like the contrast between the dark walnut and the maple. It looks like something I would have built back when I was doing woodwork pieces. Truly gorgeous thank you for sharing it.

Absolutely gorgeous congratulations. Is that black walnut veneer on the face or is it solid? Really beautiful I'm stunned. I really like the contrast between the dark walnut and the maple. It looks like something I would have built back when I was doing woodwork pieces. Truly gorgeous thank you for sharing it.
Thanks.
All the black walnut started at 2 inches before it hit the plainer. All air dried so lots of greens and purples thrown in. Desk depth was determined by the width of his plainer and sander. With maple trim it brings depth to 22 inches,
We brought everything down to 5/8 and used 1/2 sanded ply as a backer for desk and exterior of the burea to match my skills. The cabinet door are just solid black walnut.

I know I might regret this and I'm not being insensitive but what happened to your left thumb? If you posted this earlier and I didn't see it somewhere I apologize. I'm always interested to see how people deal with a physical set back and continue to reload. Most of my disabilities are in the 6 in between my eyes
Cut it off with 7 1/4" Makita worm drive skill saw.
Great torque, didn't bog down for a second. Awesome saw.
It's not all bad. Don't have to worry about it getting in the way shooting a Glock or 1911.

Cut it off with 7 1/4" Makita worm drive skill saw.
Great torque, didn't bog down for a second. Awesome saw.
It's not all bad. Don't have to worry about it getting in the way shooting a Glock or 1911.
Oh my goodness. As long as it doesn't get in the way of your shooting I'm totally down with that. Goodness gracious most of us wouldn't know what to do without our thumbs. I guess you just figure out a way to make it work cuz you got no other choice.
Thanks.
All the black walnut started at 2 inches before it hit the plainer. All air dried so lots of greens and purples thrown in. Desk depth was determined by the width of his plainer and sander. With maple trim it brings depth to 22 inches,
We brought everything down to 5/8 and used 1/2 sanded ply as a backer for desk and exterior of the burea to match my skills. The cabinet door are just solid black walnut.
Stunning

Oh my goodness. As long as it doesn't get in the way of your shooting I'm totally down with that. Goodness gracious most of us wouldn't know what to do without our thumbs. I guess you just figure out a way to make it work cuz you got no other choice.

Stunning
In regards to my thumb. I was coming out of surgery and I was thinking " how the heck am I going to do case prep?" Then I tried to tie my shoes and said oh for goodness sakes. And then I tried to button my top button. Still trying years later. Where there is a will there is a way. I'd like to think I'm special but just doing what millions of other people do every day. Lots of people overcome greater obstacles than me. And everyone has obstacles to overcome. First step is admitting we have them....

In regards to my thumb. I was coming out of surgery and I was thinking " how the heck am I going to do case prep?" Then I tried to tie my shoes and said oh for goodness sakes. And then I tried to button my top button. Still trying years later. Where there is a will there is a way. I'd like to think I'm special but just doing what millions of other people do every day. Lots of people overcome greater obstacles than me. And everyone has obstacles to overcome. First step is admitting we have them....
Like I said, my biggest problem is the 6" between my eyes.

I totally understand your first thoughts after surgery; I feel like I would have been in the same boat. Reloading and shooting is such a tactile pursuit. I'm just trying to wrap my head around doing it without the convenience of a thumb.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top