JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you like the Lee bench priming tool? I've seen videos that say you can't feel the primer seating and others that say you can. I've been thinking of getting one.
I like It. You can feel the primer go in and seat. I've tried many others and this one seems the smoothest and, as yet, most trouble free one.

The garage if finally cleaned - mostly - and the loading bench is organized - mostly...

4BF3E233-D440-41E0-B56F-FC3186AE3126.jpeg

My wife was tired of me bubbleguming about reloading in the cold garage with the spiders, so she helped me (let me) clean out a space in the basement. I had to move the safe 1" left to get the bench to fit which was a PIA, but it's done. I'm pretty sure stickers and posters are out of the question, but I'm happy. Especially because I got to buy a new bench for my birthday as well!!

20211016_194520.jpg

My wife was tired of me bubbleguming about reloading in the cold garage with the spiders, so she helped me (let me) clean out a space in the basement. I had to move the safe 1" left to get the bench to fit which was a PIA, but it's done. I'm pretty sure stickers and posters are out of the question, but I'm happy. Especially because I got to buy a new bench for my birthday as well!!

View attachment 1052397
Happy birthday!!! Nice setup, cabinets/shelves are quite handy also.

As of three years ago, since updated the old single stage press with a Lee Classic Iron single stage press with the new colored breech lock die inserts. Unfortunately, during the past two years I haven't done much volume reloading. I got rid of my 40 caliber, 7.62 x 39, and 7.62 x 54, 270, and I now only reload 9mm, 45 ACP, 308 Win, and 12 GA shotgun ammo. I had a 20 GA Mec press but I never used it so I sold it.

WP_20131028_003 (2)1.jpg WP_20140114_001.jpg WP_20140203_013.jpg

I smell smoke.... :D

Brought in a set of wire shelves and have reorganized it quit a bit since that picture. Much cleaner now....
Hey, I got a set of wire corner shelves at City Liquidators too. Says they'll hold 600 lbs! That helped with clearing loading stuff from the floor of my little loading/computer room.

I have never seen that unique balance beam scale with the dial adjustment. What is it and where did you get it?

That is the RCBS 304 triple beam scale; also known as the Dial-O-Grain. Originally by Ohaus.

The discontinued it long ago, so finding them is difficult to do (can still find the one that measures grams).

A lot of people replaced these with the 10-10. (discussion of size and speed of giving the reading); The giant dial helps me dial in my grain weights without having to strain my eyes. Have to make sure it's level though (reason I have a little bubble level on it) to give accurate readings.

As to where to find it....ebay, or CL if you get really lucky. Going to be pricey though

Last Edited:
You know if you do this long enough you can build these like 40 or 50 times haha. Assuming you live that longo_O. This one is in my travel trailer. The rule is that I can't fasten to the countertop. I used some pine trim around the edges to lock it down and I can pull the bench out easily if I need some counter space. The benchtop actually slides out with very little effort.

Next comes the press and how to organize all the various accoutrements. I am kind of digging doing as much as I can with very little space.
20211212_164314.jpg

You know if you do this long enough you can build these like 40 or 50 times haha. Assuming you live that longo_O. This one is in my travel trailer. The rule is that I can't fasten to the countertop. I used some pine trim around the edges to lock it down and I can pull the bench out easily if I need some counter space. The benchtop actually slides out with very little effort.

Next comes the press and how to organize all the various accoutrements. I am kind of digging doing as much as I can with very little space.
View attachment 1088120
Clever idea!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews