JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did a little upgrade to my bench and got the Lyman press riser installed today. I'm hoping this will make things a little easier on my shoulders. I was getting aches from them I've never had before.

20210721_142653.jpg

Edit: just ran about 20 9mm with the deprime/resize and it works great, much easier to pull. I'm happy

Last Edited:
Just set up my first press, a Dillon XL 650. I decided to try and quick mount it. So, I mounted the Dillon strong mount to 3/4" plywood and then used Star heads with hex bolts to thread through T-bolts on the bottom of the work bench surface. This allows me the flexibility to move the press relatively easily for minimal cost. I also decided to not remove my vice from the edge of the workbench. So, I built a hinged box (without a bottom) that is held in place by the vice. The top of the box allows me to put my scale and other peripherals at a more convenient height level while also having storage space inside the box.

image.jpeg

The box takes up 13", and the press takes up 18" for a total of 31" out of a 96" workbench.

I am looking forward to learning this craft and to developing some "muscle memory" for the choreographed dance that is reloading - first in 9 mm then 30 carbine.

Just set up my first press, a Dillon XL 650. I decided to try and quick mount it. So, I mounted the Dillon strong mount to 3/4" plywood and then used Star heads with hex bolts to thread through T-bolts on the bottom of the work bench surface. This allows me the flexibility to move the press relatively easily for minimal cost. I also decided to not remove my vice from the edge of the workbench. So, I built a hinged box (without a bottom) that is held in place by the vice. The top of the box allows me to put my scale and other peripherals at a more convenient height level while also having storage space inside the box.

View attachment 1015253

The box takes up 13", and the press takes up 18" for a total of 31" out of a 96" workbench.

I am looking forward to learning this craft and to developing some "muscle memory" for the choreographed dance that is reloading - first in 9 mm then 30 carbine.
Awesome! You've got a great piece of equipment there!

After seeing such a thing of beauty, I'm afraid to ask what the garage looks like... :rolleyes:

I do have another question though - where did you find the "Costco sized" primer boxes on the top right shelf? :s0151:

After seeing such a thing of beauty, I'm afraid to ask what the garage looks like... :rolleyes:

I do have another question though - where did you find the "Costco sized" primer boxes on the top right shelf? :s0151:
The larger boxes are just Federal. LRP and shotgun. when it was in the garage it was a smaller space under the stairs to the storage loft and a bit messy. Kinda drive me nuts.

4FD193AC-8631-4685-96EA-EF1139D004F8.jpeg

Oh sure... Put up pictures of all of your neat stuff. :s0164:

I've had to put most of my stuff away as it was collecting dust.:(

I don't have anymore room to store loaded ammunition. :s0092:

So I'll just watch. :s0093:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads