JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like you got things pretty well figured out. It's great to teach our kids the art of reloading! Survival skills related to camping, fishing, hunting, gardening, building, and reloading are great skills to have. I have eleven grandkids under the age of 12. During our annual "opening fishing" trip last weekend, all the older kids received their first pocket knife from Grandpa. They whittled enough marshmallow sticks for the whole campground! As adults, it's our duty to teach others how to survive and not take things for granted. With the recent shortage of goods, all of us will need to figure out how to do more things for ourself. Our grandparents did it and so can we. That's what Americans do!

You guys make me feel bad with your almost commercial setups. I just make due in my garage where I often have to use a propane torch on the florescent lights during the winter, to coax them on.
Bench-1.jpg

You guys make me feel bad with your almost commercial setups. I just make due in my garage where I often have to use a propane torch on the florescent lights during the winter, to coax them on.
View attachment 875108
You've got all the right stuff to build your own nuclear reactor! Looks good to me! Maybe get a portable electric heater so you don't get frostbite during the winter!

You can now get LED tubes to replace the the ancient florescent tubes. They cost about $8.00 ea at Wally Mart. They will fit in your existing light fixture. Supposed to last 50,000 years. Nice thing is, they use way less electricity and they will work when it's 10 degrees. Warning, they can be really bright. I got the soft white and they are still very bright. I try to keep any flameage away from the reloading area. Things can get really nasty really fast if you lite off a few cans of gunpowder!

I had to revert to some old ballasts a couple of years ago when the plug to my generator got loose. (I didn't check it), during a power outage. :( I lost a leg and put 220 on the house. :eek:

It took less than 30 seconds to take out, my garage florescent lights, 3 clocks, the security system, the control board on the pellet stove and two GFI's. I just haven't gotten around to replacing all of the tubes with LED's yet. :rolleyes: It happened in the dead of winter. Luckily it was only a shorted veristor on the stove control board and I cut it out of the circuit.

I had to revert to some old ballasts a couple of years ago when the plug to my generator got loose. (I didn't check it), during a power outage. :( I lost a leg and put 220 on the house. :eek:

It took less than 30 seconds to take out, my garage florescent lights, 3 clocks, the security system, the control board on the pellet stove and two GFI's. I just haven't gotten around to replacing all of the tubes with LED's yet. :rolleyes: It happened in the dead of winter. Luckily it was only a shorted veristor on the stove control board and I cut it out of the circuit.
Bummer. When we lost power and I screwed up the generator connection on our very first generator I only fried our VCR. Yea, it was that long ago. However, here's a few pictures of my shop and loading bench. I spent an hour organizing and cleaning first.

IMGP0002.jpg IMGP0003.jpg IMGP0004.jpg IMGP0005.jpg

You've got all the right stuff to build your own nuclear reactor! Looks good to me! Maybe get a portable electric heater so you don't get frostbite during the winter!

I use a convection type heater on a timer to run one hour 3 times a day to keep "The Room" 58-62* in the winter. But I insulated it to the hilt with 2x6 walls and 2x8 ceiling and caulked every joint.
OCD? :s0112::s0112::s0112:

Did you have to get your leg amputated? Sorry to hear you lost your leg.

Bummer. When we lost power and I screwed up the generator connection on our very first generator I only fried our VCR. Yea, it was that long ago. However, here's a few pictures of my shop and loading bench. I spent an hour organizing and cleaning first.

View attachment 875217 View attachment 875218 View attachment 875219 View attachment 875220
I have a feeling you were a machinist at Boeing in your previous life! Looks exactly like the Development Center on E. Marginal Way! Nice shop! You could also build your own nuclear powered high speed space rocket complete with laser guns, snack bar, and a latte machine. I would bet you require any visitors to remove their shoes before entering!

I might be incorrect, but I think he's speaking of a "leg" of electricity, (110/220 volts) each one part of the whole.
I know he was speaking about an electrical leg. I was trying to make light of the whole story. Most legs I look at are walking around the beach. I'm trying not to laugh! Good thing china virus is almost over. I miss the beach!

I have a feeling you were a machinist at Boeing in your previous life! Looks exactly like the Development Center on E. Marginal Way! Nice shop! You could also build your own nuclear powered high speed space rocket complete with laser guns, snack bar, and a latte machine. I would bet you require any visitors to remove their shoes before entering!
No, I never worked for Boeing. I applied numerous times but was never even interviewed. However I made parts for hay balers, nuclear power plants, nuclear submarines, parts for machinery used in the manufacture of micro processors (where +/- .0015 was gravy), hydraulic tools (where +/- .0005 was common), and engine remanufacturing. You're correct, I could make some interesting things, and I've made some really cool things in my shop these last 35 years (though in the early days it was with an Enco Mill/Drill and a flat bed Craftsman lathe), but these days the desire isn't as strong. And no, shoes off isn't a requirement. I just sweep every few months and mop the floor every few years. It being white isn't about clean, it's all about light. I see the cobwebs on the walls and the dead bugs on the window sill don't show up in the pictures.

Last Edited:
No, I never worked for Boeing. I applied numerous times but was never even interviewed. However I made parts for hay balers, nuclear power plants, nuclear submarines, parts for machinery used in the manufacture of micro processors (where +/- .0015 was gravy), hydraulic tools (where +/- .0005 was common), and engine remanufacturing. You're correct, I could make some interesting things, and I've made some really cool things in my shop these last 35 years (though in the early days it was with an Enco Mill/Drill and a flat bed Craftsman lathe), but these days the desire isn't as strong. And no, shoes off isn't a requirement. I just sweep every few months and mop the floor every few years. It being white isn't about clean, it's all about light. I see the cobwebs on the walls and the dead bugs on the window sill don't show up in the pictures.
Sorry about the shoe thing, I was pretty much joking about how clean and tidy everything looks! I graduated from the big B a long time ago. That was the best layoff that ever happened to me! Everyone I worked with was way too grouchy. Worked on some very cool projects though. Very tight tolerances would drive you crazy. My boss told me that if every part was .010 over, a 747 airplane would be one foot too long at completion. I'll never forget that!

Here's my setup. So much to do.

View attachment 875382
I see a big front loading washing machine to the left of your reloading bench. Are you using that thing for a case tumbler? If so, I'm going to tell your wifey! I like those blue reloading machines. When we finally get some reloading components in 2024, you will be pumping out the ammo. Meanwhile, keep those babies lubed up and work the levers every couple weeks so they don't get rusty!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top