JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been looking through this thread for Ideas. I'm going to move soon out of CA. I currently have half of a two car garage for reloading and tool storage. As part of this move I want a dedicated reloading space. And I want it built out with shelves , cabinets, benches, etc that are dedicated to only reloading. In looking through this thread I think I want light colored floors and walls. My current setup is dark! And it makes dropped stuff hard to find!
I have saved a commercial hood vent for the casting area. And a stainless deep sink. Other than a attached rest room what else should I be looking for? DR
Looks like the only thing your missing is the bullet vending machine and the indoor shooting range. Just kidding. I like to have some long throw rugs under my reloading bench as I'm always dropping things... primers, projectiles, casings, etc. The rugs protect anything you might drop and keep it from bouncing out of reach. Also think about the lighting over your bench. I just installed a 4' led light over my bench. It's almost too bright. I had to offset it away from my bench to cut the glare. Think about electrical outlets for anything that needs power. It would also be nice to have a window for outside light and fresh air. I'm not sure about the need for a sink. You might want more counter top space rather than a sink. Happy dreaming!

I have been looking through this thread for Ideas. I'm going to move soon out of CA. I currently have half of a two car garage for reloading and tool storage. As part of this move I want a dedicated reloading space. And I want it built out with shelves , cabinets, benches, etc that are dedicated to only reloading. In looking through this thread I think I want light colored floors and walls. My current setup is dark! And it makes dropped stuff hard to find!
I have saved a commercial hood vent for the casting area. And a stainless deep sink. Other than a attached rest room what else should I be looking for? DR
A box of primers.

What do you think it's getting there but, 20210201_180010.jpg still can't find small pistol primers to put it to work.

Getting more organized after the big switch.

E12D63B8-D809-42C4-BD4C-DE5AEB523EAA.jpeg

Have a lower bench where all press heads are sitting on Inline Fab stands. Also where the FA Prep center is and all goodies store under the bench.

My bench is and forever will be a total disaster! Each time I get fed up with the mess I clean till its better then give up and start loading.... I wouldn't dare post a picture in its current state.

My bench is and forever will be a total disaster! Each time I get fed up with the mess I clean till its better then give up and start loading.... I wouldn't dare post a picture in its current state.

I agree, a good bench has always got stuff on it (cluttered) whether it's in ongoing (long time job) or a recent project, there's always room for one more thing. LOL:)

This is the exact reason why I built "the Room". My reloading/gun room is a clean room so things don't get mucked up like out in the shop.:eek:
That's where the real mess is and will stay there...;)

I agree, a good bench has always got stuff on it (cluttered) whether it's in ongoing (long time job) or a recent project, there's always room for one more thing. LOL:)

This is the exact reason why I built "the Room". My reloading/gun room is a clean room so things don't get mucked up like out in the shop.:eek:
That's where the real mess is and will stay there...;)
Yeah hopefully when we move our new house will have a spare room that I can have to myself, or even better a shop I can section off a portion of. We will see!

Table built around a IKEA "Poang" chair. This set up allows me to sit in the comfort of my living room and be with the woman of my dreams!!! (yes my wife)!!
Yes I'm a newb with my single stage process! Love it!

reload table 1.jpg reload table 2.jpg

Looks like the only thing your missing is the bullet vending machine and the indoor shooting range. Just kidding. I like to have some long throw rugs under my reloading bench as I'm always dropping things... primers, projectiles, casings, etc. The rugs protect anything you might drop and keep it from bouncing out of reach. Also think about the lighting over your bench. I just installed a 4' led light over my bench. It's almost too bright. I had to offset it away from my bench to cut the glare. Think about electrical outlets for anything that needs power. It would also be nice to have a window for outside light and fresh air. I'm not sure about the need for a sink. You might want more counter top space rather than a sink. Happy dreaming!
Amen! I spent 10 minutes the other evening looking for a small rifle primer...the times we live through...

Table built around a IKEA "Poang" chair. This set up allows me to sit in the comfort of my living room and be with the woman of my dreams!!! (yes my wife)!!
Yes I'm a newb with my single stage process! Love it!

View attachment 823567 View attachment 823568
You are a lucky man with a wife that will let you reload in the living room! I got banished to the basement. Happy wife, happy life!

I never thought I would run out of storage with the copious amount of storage I built in but it all is stuffed with stuff. I could build in more cabinets in on the back wall but that cover more of the t&g knotty pine I put in. I just need to purge stuff I don't use often.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top