JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are increasingly a minority, demonized as paranoid would be killers - so yes, there would probably be little outcry, or at least many who would support such a move.

That's right!! We are a minority!! We need to start acting like any other minority, and start demanding our Civil Rights be respected!!!!!!!!
:s0042:

Topics like these is why local elections matter. Race, sex, sexuality, popularity and looks need to stop being a priority for law makers and any indication of intelligence or leadership qualifications. I can't say what difference it would have made but President Ross Perot would have sent us in a different trajectory. Possibly one we would have never believed that our current situation would exist.

Look where our conversations are heading. I made a small donation to the Washington state anti I-1639 fund and I don't even live there. Being a California native I clearly see where things unchecked will go. Get off the couch and do something. You don't need the hold a sign or say a word but let your presence be known. The oppositions takes our silence and absence as approval of their actions.

Ross Perot DID alter our trajectory!! He gave us Bill Klinton, which was the beginning of the end, if we do not stand up. We need to wave flags, hold up signs, speak up, and show up!!

In the early 80s LAPD under Darryl Gates battle rammed through many wrong houses with personnel carriers and pick up trucks all across LA county. Because he did it in da hood, not many people put 2 and 2 together.

The only out cry was from the hood dwellers. The rest of America didn't see it as an overreach. When da police do it to gun owners homes, the rest of America won't see it as an overreach. Ask me how I know.

This is apparent from the media coverage (lack thereof) about Gary Willis' murder in Maryland!! Not only will America not see it as a overreach, they will be unlikely to see it at all!! :s0160:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whoever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." Patrick Henry - speech of June 5, 1788

I've got a pretty nice house, a good job, a decent collection of toys, and a little money in the bank -- all assets that are shared with my wife who would be found guilty by association. Life is pretty comfortable for me compared 1775 and I don't feel like I'm in the nothing left to lose category yet. I worked my bubblegum off for decades to get here and don't feel like losing everything to attorney's fees or civil forfeiture. I suspect my situation is similar to most of you guys as well in this regard.

This is a total bullsh!t situation. Would I be voluntarily turning anything in? Nope. But if Storm Troopers show up at my house in a show of force, just itching for me to make the first move so they have justification to neutralize a threat, I'm not really sure exactly what I'd do. Just being honest.

This needs to be beaten back in court. In every state. Now. We can't allow these precedents to be set.

I appreciate your honesty. I've asked myself the same question before - when the rubber REALLY meets the road, will I truly stand and be willing to lose it all?

Introspection is a good thing. I know now more than ever I will. I'd rather die than tell my son I let his liberty go because I was afraid of death, or poverty.

"What is the law? It is the collective organization of the individual right to lawful defense." Frederic Bastiat - The Law. "Sometimes the laws defend plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons, and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim - when he defends himself - as the criminal." Frederic Bastiat - The Law.

"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Truart Mill, writing on the U.S. Civil War, 1862

All men need a line that they are not willing to cross. I encourage all of you to dig deep and realize NOW where that line is.

Just speaking for myself these red flag laws are what I would call a "line burner" if I was target shooting. They are Damn close to what I am willing to tolerate. I think about that poor old man in Maryland almost every day and it makes me sick!

At the risk of getting too philosophical so early in the morning, let me throw this out there...let's stop and really think about the possibilities surrounding a situation like this.
Assuming you (we) were living in a free state that suddenly passed some arbitrary unconstitutional legislation that made you a criminal overnight. If you decide to ignore said unconstitutional legislation, that might be the end of it right there. You'd simply have some contraband locked in a safe that you'd never be able to enjoy in public again. It's a passive restriction.

But...what if it gets extra Orwellian and the .gov decides to actively pursue. Based on internet history search, an anonymous tip from a disgruntled associate, or even loose lips from a spouse or child, any one of us could make the 4am door breach list.

Ask yourself HONESTLY, are you willing to be a dead example in your boxers on your front step because "cold dead hands"? I'd like to think I'd be willing to die on that hill but I truthfully don't know what I'd do with a dozen heavily armed agents in my space looking for Pmags.

I've got a pretty nice house, a good job, a decent collection of toys, and a little money in the bank -- all assets that are shared with my wife who would be found guilty by association. Life is pretty comfortable for me compared 1775 and I don't feel like I'm in the nothing left to lose category yet. I worked my bubblegum off for decades to get here and don't feel like losing everything to attorney's fees or civil forfeiture. I suspect my situation is similar to most of you guys as well in this regard.

This is a total bullsh!t situation. Would I be voluntarily turning anything in? Nope. But if Storm Troopers show up at my house in a show of force, just itching for me to make the first move so they have justification to neutralize a threat, I'm not really sure exactly what I'd do. Just being honest.

This needs to be beaten back in court. In every state. Now. We can't allow these precedents to be set.
I know a guy who has a crusty VN Vet acquaintance, and those two went shooting once. Crusty pulled out his home made F-A Krink and home made suppressor. Shocked, the guy asked Crusty if he was worried about the feds. Crusty smiled and said it's all about risk management.

Remember that violence must be a last resort, but it's time that everybody needs to think deeply on which side you're on, and have an individual plan, if worse comes to worse. Remember what happened to Ted K when he tried to make a difference as an army of one. Exhaust every peaceful option through organized resistance, but be firm. To "them", compromise means capitulation.

The ignorance of personal right and how important they are in this country is hard to understand. The majority of people I work with have advanced degrees. A significant amount have military experience.

95-98% haven't a clue or given much thought that the pending laws to the gun culture have far reaching implications to their day to day lives. Say one day that $60k sports car will be deemed a murder vehicle and the state confiscated it with no compensation. We already gave them permission under the guise of common sense gun control.
Thats a good point nwslopoke, any car with the ability to go beyond the legal speed limit becomes the same as a high capacity magazine. Why do you need to go that fast to get to work, school or the store. Lets just make these types of vehicles illegal to own unless your LEO, military or a government employee. They would just use statistics of how many people die due to excessive speed. That's not too far fetched given what we're all facing today pertaining to guns.

Really, the house to house stuff is the dumbest thing they could do. They dont need to. They can just play the long game and "breed us out".

As access to public lands and hunting grounds decrease, along with less home owners with acreage, gun ownership becomes less mainstream and therefore less of a cherished right.

Look at UK. They are 100 years or so ahead of us down the gun control path, and they still find prohibited items holed up in people's homes now and again.

At the point they really get serious about making sure nobody has stuff that they dont want them to, it'll be done at a time where there won't be so much as a whimper from the population.

Just so there's no confusion, my too-long post wasn't me saying I'd roll over and hand everything over. My point is that it's really easy for all of us to say, "I ain't givin' up jack". But when you're caught off guard and outnumbered 10:1 at 4am, reality may be a little different. I was just stating that having never been pushed into a corner like that, I truly don't know what I'd do. Knowing how it went in Waco and at Ruby Ridge when the cops came knocking might give one pause. Just sayin'.
For all you guys that can say 100% that you'd be willing to shoot it out in your living room without hesitation, I admire your fortitude. I hope the truth gets out and they write folk songs about your legendary actions.

Just so there's no confusion, my too-long post wasn't me saying I'd roll over and hand everything over. My point is that it's really easy for all of us to say, "I ain't givin' up jack". But when you're caught off guard and outnumbered 10:1 at 4am, reality may be a little different. I was just stating that having never been pushed into a corner like that, I truly don't know what I'd do. Knowing how it went in Waco and at Ruby Ridge when the cops came knocking might give one pause. Just sayin'.
For all you guys that can say 100% that you'd be willing to shoot it out in your living room without hesitation, I admire your fortitude. I hope the truth gets out and they write folk songs about your legendary actions.
Sir,
What are you willing to die for? Where is that line that Taco_Lean was referring to, or do you have one? Would you stand up to tyranny even if you knew it meant certain death?

I don't need answers from you to those questions. I know where my line is, and I know I won't back down, even if it's 10:1 and death is guaranteed.

I can't pick how the fight may come, obviously I would hope to join hundreds of thousands of patriots. But when my line is crossed I will stand no matter what the odds or outcome.

I can't speak for others, only myself. And things like Ruby Ridge have been included in my thought process.

I wasn't trying to challenge your previous post, I thanked you for your honesty. I've been through those same thoughts. So I have to say I'm surprised to read what seems like ridicule at the end of your response.

Just because others have a certain conviction that may not lie with yours doesn't warrant that IMO.

And, I would like to add that I haven't shared where that line lies for me. Were we friends out hunting and BSing, I would be willing to share that.

Last Edited:
Why do I have to die? Let me just quote myself...
I was just stating that having never been pushed into a corner like that, I truly don't know what I'd do.
That was my only point. I didn't say I wouldn't draw down, I didn't say I'd run away squealing like a little girl. I just said I couldn't be sure how I'd react if the Storm Troopers kicked in my door.
As for the "ridicule" -- that's tongue and cheek. Maybe I should have said, "I hope the truth gets out and they write folk songs about your legendary actions. Except for Stomper...I hope they only write mumble raps about him."
Maybe then it would have been more apparent that I was trying to lighten the mood.

Why do I have to die? Let me just quote myself...
That was my only point. I didn't say I wouldn't draw down, I didn't say I'd run away squealing like a little girl. I just said I couldn't be sure how I'd react if the Storm Troopers kicked in my door.
As for the "ridicule" -- that's tongue and cheek. Maybe I should have said, "I hope the truth gets out and they write folk songs about your legendary actions. Except for Stomper...I hope they only write mumble raps about him."
Maybe then it would have been more apparent that I was trying to lighten the mood.
Didn't say you have to die, only mentioned it because of your honesty about not being sure what you would do if faced with overwhelming odds.

We're on the same page brother.

Mumble raps?!? That's frickin hilarious dude!

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better thanthe animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Never forget where we came from, gentlemen.

Edit: the author, Thomas Jefferson, of the above quote had immense wealth, far from "nothing to lose" that has been implied in this thread.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR