JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some of you may have missed this news story with major headlines during the past week. It opens a serious dialog at our own neighborhoods. Orinda CA is a small, wealth community just east of Oakland CA. This town is quiet and at one point the home town to basketball star Stephan Curry and his family. As a society we can't dictate what, who and how you run your household but it begs the question as to how you can protect your property, neighborhood, and community. At this current time; there are no arrest. There are reports that several weapons were recovered at the crime scene including a MAC-11 that had full-auto capacity. The governor has demanded more gun laws. Be safe out there.

Last Edited:
A6A02770-9483-4CA5-BB15-B9F995ACF47F.jpeg

"Wonders why police didn't arrive immediately"..... yeah, just add water and a phone call and *POOF* instant police onsite! Noise complaints are WAY down the priority list of police response.... dummy. :rolleyes:

Raymond Hill Sr, who's son, Raymond Hill Jr. (with known gang affiliations) was one of the "victims" in the shootout, one of THREE sons lost to "gun violence"....more like "gang violence". It seems to me that his three sons' chances of "making it" were slim to none with a genius like him for a father

The lesson to take away here is.... don't affiliate and/or party with D-bags and the chances of an untimely demise go WAY down.

I have a real hard time feeling bad for people getting killed as a result of their choice to associate with a gang. Little bubblegumnuffin probably had it coming and it's a clear indicator of parental failure if, in fact, all three of his children died in similar circumstances. Teach your children not to be streaming piles of what's all over my front lawn. Gun problem my backside.

yep more gun laws are gonna fix this one. FOR SURE. im sure the owner of that mac 11 will be found pretty quick. i mean come on, its an NFA item right?? as for the mans third son to get killed, sounds like poor life choices.

:rolleyes:

I'm not going to comment on pointless gang banger violence as I don't think it's very productive (circle of influence vs circle of concern).

But I will comment on Airbnb's. My neighbor does Airbnb a lot and several times people just use it as a party house. One time I would say there were about 200 people at this regular sized house. 3 different times police came that night after I called them and each time did nothing. Nobody got any sleep that night.

Beware of Airbnb's in your neighborhood because renters can just use houses for their own purposes. And that can be in total conflict to the type of neighborhood you are used to.

TF does short term rentals have to do with hood rats shooting each other?! (And no, that isnt a racial thing. Every race can qualify as a hood rat.. its a personality type, a life style)

But the article and local gov are spouting off about rentals as if that was the cause here.. WTF? You had a group of degenerates claim 12 on the rental agreement, then throw a party for over 100.. how TF is the rental property/owner responsible for any of that? Why is it even being brought up? It makes zero sense.
Are they literally just shifting focus here as to not blame the people responisble for the crime? Are they trying to shift focus from the piss poor reality of gun laws?

"Some of you may have missed this news story with major headlines during the past week. "

True that I'm not especially interested in what goes in that state.

Well, calling it a state is overly generous given it's devolved into a third world country...

I keep getting Galvin Newsom and Alfred E. Neuman confused... imagine that...

Two things, California already has draconian gun control laws, other than disarming the law abiding portion of the populace, what does the genius propose that would have made a difference?

And finally, losing three sons to gang violence should make one rethink the lifestyle choices one has made.

But that's just me...

Last time I posted anything negative about AirBnb I got insulted and mocked by some AirBnb loyalists. Basically, I stayed at an AirBnb with a mentally ill host who decided to go psycho on me the last day I was there (despite a creepy, yet quiet stay) , because I left the AirBnb early. The male host also seem to be getting mad and jealous at me about his weirdo wife giving me too much attention (attention I did not want, BTW) and was spying on me coming in and out of the shower. He threw a fit at me and when I threatend to leave a bad review his wife went psycho and said she would murder me if I left a bad review. Since they were superhosts, AIrBnb told me to leave bad review, then quickly removed my review saying I violated their terms of service, by disclosing the fact she told me she was kidnapped and had PTSD (which I learned in a conversation one night in kitchen). The host had a very nice piece of property and he had nothing but good reviews and now I know why! He also was opening up a second AirBnb right on a lake and was generating revenue for the company.

Air Bnb is totally crooked.

Read about the latest scam uncovered by a guy who is a journalist for a reputed magazine and decided to publish his experience . Despite being scammed out of his money ,AirBnb refused to give him any refund and made up all types of BS .. Ahh,, why am I not surprised?

A website devoted specifically to the hellish experiences people have had staying at AirBnbs. It isn't just guests who get screwed, sometimes its the hosts, as a small little host who is not a big money maker for the company will also not be likely to get much compensation if their property gets thrashed.

I've learned, however, never to talk smack about AirBnb on NWFA forum. There are quite a few AirBnb fanboys here. Watch out.

I happily DO NOT EVER USE AIRBNB ANYMORE.. Motel 6 is sooo much nicer. And, if you are rent a a private rental with this crooked company, be sure it will be like playing Russian Roulette with 3 rounds in the cylinder. You may either get your own private piece of paradise or private piece of hell.

Seriously, I am considering starting my own property sharing online forum business. It would be a great venture as many people are sick of AirBnb and its fradulent ways of operating, the fake reviews and amount of scams on its site. There is little checks and balances.

I am a software developer and really inspired to think of creating a more friendly type of home rental/sharing type of deal with no censorship and where only guests can leave reviews (the way it should be). The fact that hosts can leave reviews for guests creates a system of fear and intimidation and is utterly stupid! If a guest is known to violate the rules of the company they should just be banned. As well, many AirBnb reviews are fake and it is very hard to verify a person's identity on AirBnb. AirBnb favors hosts over guests, yet its the guests spending their hard earned money here. It is because AirBnb mistakenly think its the hosts that make AirBnb that AirBnb almost operates like mafia manner protecting the money maker hosts. My theory is never screw the customer (hosts are more like employees than customers here), it will come back to bite you. This is a sleazy and poor business model. How would you like it if hotels left reviews of you which had to be read before they can rent you a room? For example, maybe one hotel didn't like the way your girlfriend was dressed or got annoyed you complained about the room being dirty or not having towels? Out of revenge or spite they give you a bad review. Yet, you go to a hotel/motel expecting to be treated with respect as a customer. You are either respectful guest and have verification or not. Obviously, if you are doing drugs or blasting music that would be obvious policy violations. Many of my AirBnb hosts would blast their TV at 2AM and make a lot of noise as well, with little fear of me leaving a bad review (fear of repercussion). If a company wants to be real strict, let them run a criminal background check (like renting a house) before letting you rent a place; if they need to verify your character.

Last Edited:
Nobody saw nuthin so the viscous cycle will continue. My question is, why even call the police and waste their time? just gather up your dead and wounded and leave.

Related to airbnb, Turo is a car rental service that kind of does the same thing. People rent out their cars with the idea being it is an alternative to regular car rental companies.

We tried it once (renting out a car) and will never do it again. The late model car we drove broke down almost immediately and we returned it to the host within the first 2 hours of the rental.

We had to fight for about three weeks to get our money back. To get your money back the host has to give their approval. Well u can probably see what's wrong with this picture. The host has their $400-$500 and they have to give their approval for a refund. Think they would be in a hurry to do so?

Also the India customer service has to be the worst on the planet. I was on the phone to India sometimes 1-2.5 hours a day to try to get them to understand and all they do is shift you to another person.The India phone service has a set of scripts they read and they try to match the scripts with keywords you say. They can't actually understand anything and actually think for themselves. What a brutal experience. Never, never again.

Some of you may have missed this news story with major headlines during the past week. It opens a serious dialog at our own neighborhoods. Orinda CA is a small, wealth community just east of Oakland CA. This town is quiet and at one point the home town to basketball star Stephan Curry and his family. As a society we can't dictate what, who and how you run your household but it begs the question as to how you can protect your property, neighborhood, and community. At this current time; there are no arrest. There are reports that several weapons were recovered at the crime scene including a MAC-11 that had full-auto capacity. The governor has demanded more gun laws. Be safe out there.

And yet, the gangs seem to be exempted from Red Flag Laws.

I'd like to see some politicians start speaking Truth about "gun violence". But that doesn't seem likely.

They'll just keep on pushing for "common-sense gun control", banning "shoulder-things-that-go-up", etc, etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top