JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmmm...save and move?
Can't as long as I'm stuck taking care of her. But as soon as I inherit it all... thinking the best move will be cash out the house, buy a fifth-wheel or Class-C, pack the "keep" stuff, sell off the rest and hit the road for greener pastures.

I'm used to being the smartest person in the room, even in rooms full of brains, but all the brains in the world can't think your way into good character--so I'd rather surround myself with people who are strong where I am weak.

Last Edited:
Can't as long as I'm stuck taking care of her. But as soon as I inherit it all... thinking the best move will be cash out the house, buy a fifth-wheel or Class-C, pack the "keep" stuff, sell off the rest and hit the road for greener pastures.

I'm used to being the smartest person in the room, even in rooms full of brains, but all the brains in the world can't think your way into good character--so I'd rather surround myself with people who are strong where I am weak.

Why not have her sell HER house now and use the money to move BOTH of you? I have a friend who's parents have "money". He is 40 now and constantly financially dependent on them. He will inherit it all when he is about 70. Then he can go live the life he wants. If he makes it that long to inherit their money.

Either convince her to sell and move both of you or make your own money since you are smart. I made my own money and can go live the life I want now in my late thirties (as soon as I decide where that is) because you are never guaranteed another year. His boss was diagnosed with cancer at 43, given 1 month to live. She died 3 weeks later....

Seconded. Nor "hillbilly", from a hillbilly. You're gonna have to trust me there, as well.
Though hillbillies may be offended by being called rednecks. Trust me as a hillbilly, with about 450 years of hillbillies before me in this land. To some, redneck carries a different tone and indicates a different swath of culture and heritage. It would be a very long post indeed and might stray into grey areas ruleswise.

Though hillbillies may be offended by being called rednecks. Trust me as a hillbilly, with about 450 years of hillbillies before me in this land. To some, redneck carries a different tone and indicates a different swath of culture and heritage. It would be a very long post indeed and might stray into grey areas ruleswise.
I also saw that episode of "ozark".

joking aside, you are correct.

I wish I knew how to help out for these sort of things. I would have gladly loaded up my skid steer and other useful gear and pitched in.

I just don't do enough social media stuff to really be aware of these efforts. I guess if I were closer I probably would have been more aware.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top