JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good story and great folks. My wife, from Tennessee - the patron state of shoot'n stuff, referred to her kin as rednecks in a social media post once. She meant nothing but good by this term (and would include herself). All of the people that is was direct toward took it accordingly. One with her nose in the air...who could not be mistaken for a hard working "redneck," was the lone exception. It would be an honor to serve alongside any of these rednecks that saved the town.

My family in Ohio, all farmers are dang proud to be called Rednecks.
it's a badge of honor.
their necks are red from working their hard fulltime jobs during the day, then working a lot of times into the dark night on the farm.
Most ended up getting half their redneck cut out due to skin cancer.

but that don't stop them either.

I was pretty confident this crowd wouldn't be offended.

However, the day is still young LOL

Give it time, someone will be along shortly to report the term as offensive. I had this conversation with HR a few months ago. ONE person who was not compliant with cyber security training took offense to my humor about it. There were about 30 people non-compliant. None of them complained about my joke, nor did anybody else in the entire global company the email went out to. I tried to explain to the HR VP who blew off the complaint because she knows and likes me, that just because one or even a few people out of hundreds or thousands complain, doesn't make their complaint valid. Anyone can complain about anything. HR and people in general need to stop being the feelings Police.

Reminds me of when I went to an old boss's house for a team function. I had been there before, but this time everyone on the team went. He took his flag down so as not to offend the team members from the UK, Europe and LATAM. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If my flag offends you, you can leave and go eat at McDonalds. Oh that's right, it probably offends you too. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Give it time, someone will be along shortly to report the term as offensive. I had this conversation with HR a few months ago. ONE person who was not compliant with cyber security training took offense to my humor about it. There were about 30 people non-compliant. None of them complained about my joke, nor did anybody else in the entire global company the email went out to. I tried to explain to the HR VP who blew off the complaint because she knows and likes me, that just because one or even a few people out of hundreds or thousands complain, doesn't make their complaint valid. Anyone can complain about anything. HR and people in general need to stop being the feelings Police.

Reminds me of when I went to an old boss's house for a team function. I had been there before, but this time everyone on the team went. He took his flag down so as not to offend the team members from the UK, Europe and LATAM. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If my flag offends you, you can leave and go eat at McDonalds. Oh that's right, it probably offends you too. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
theres usually a ken and karen in every crowd

Bushman,

Why would your old boss assume OUR flag, flown in our country would 'offend' foreigners?

I've been in a jillion foreign countries and I was never offended by their flags.

I expected them to fly their nations flags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top