JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the business end of the shotgun!
raw.gif

I'm not into optics, but the ones I have used over the years on other folks' firearms have been Eotechs. Specifically the tried and true 512. Boy I sure love that reticle. I could hit clays with that on a shotgun all day long. Eotech 512 for me.

Had one on a SBE. Took it off cuz when it got wet… no red dot. Better to just have a magnetized fiber optic pipe sight.
Man I keep hearing this. I mean I've got bad luck, it's the only luck I got, but those that have managed to water log an open emitter must be on another level. I've used open emitters in absolute downpours competing and still haven't experienced this level of bad luck.

No no no, when the reflex sight gets water on the lens… no diode reflection. Kaput until you wipe it off. Rainex no help.
I have doused my Holosuns with water and they still work fine. Crud on the glass I find less of an issue than substances on the origin of the light (from cleaning my carry optic nearly daily in the morning). In a class we all had our optics heavily sprayed with water, front, back, inside, just so we could see how they worked. Helpful living in the Northwest. Closed emitter systems are preferred by some.

To each their own with optics on any gun. For me with shotguns (as mentioned prior) gun fit and proper, consistent mounting is key when shooting with a bead. This makes a shotgun extremely quick to get on target because it is an extension of your vision. For me any type of sighting systems just slows down the process. If I'm shooting at distance I'll grab another tool. Good luck with your quest!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top