Recommended vault & safe company in Portland?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by mouse, Apr 23, 2013.

1. mouse

mouse
    Pacific Northwest

I am looking to by a high quality "money safe." This safe is not intended for guns or any large objects. I am interested in something secure and am willing to spend around $1,000. Less would be better, but I want a good one. Are there any good safe stores in the area. I live in the Hillsboro/Beaverton area and nothing seems to be coming up in my search. Thanks for your help.

2. Modeler

Modeler
    Molalla, Oregon
    Soccer Fan

Atlasta lock and safe
    702 SE Grand
    Portland, OR

Never been inside, but they look well stocked when I drive by every day ;)

3. Don H

Don H
    Oregon

SKrueger likes this.
  4. WashCoDad

WashCoDad
    Beanerton

Stop by Davis Lock and Key
    170 x tv hwy.
    Last time I was in there they had quite a few safes geared towards biz owners.

5. NWGUNGUY

NWGUNGUY
    Portland Oregon

I would check this guy out at Bulldog Tuff Safes. He is a small businessman who has a showroom on his property with lots of sizes and reasonably priced models. He is a family guy and really knowledgeable with no pressure or BS. I bought a Superior Safe from him for less than $900 delivered.

Most of the chain store safes seem to be made in China. He has American made and Chinese made ones so you can compare the difference and see what is important to you. Good luck in your search.

Bulldog Tuff Safes

6. 41mag

41mag
    sunny Orygun
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've had great service from the PDX local Liberty safe rep on 2 occasions. Bought a safe from him in 1978, said he'd buy it back at my purchase price should I ever want to upgrade. Sure enough, 30 years later when I decided to Go Larger, he gave me MORE than I paid for the older smaller unit.

These, however, are larger gun safe size. If you have a pile of cash large enough to fill these models, congratulations.:confused:

7. jbett98

jbett98
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I see these types of safes listed on Craigslist all the time.
    There's some for sale right now starting at $100.00.
    Is the one pictured below what you're looking for?

00Y0Y_8IsKDqQEIhX_1200x900.jpg

Money safe or other small items. 20" wide, x 23" deep, x 36" high. Opening is 8" in diameter. Interior cavity is 9 3/4" wide, x 8" high, x 14" deep. The shell is filled with concrete and is very heavy. $100.00 you haul.