JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still see it available online but in stores where there is normally 30 tubs of bucket-o-bullets on a shelf, there are none.

Yeah I haven't even bothered checking the stores. Figured it wasn't worth the gas to get there.

I've never been an ammo hoarder, instead opting to buy a few boxes at a time. Guess I've learned my lesson. Buy and store when prices are low.

Yeah I haven't even bothered checking the stores. Figured it wasn't worth the gas to get there.

I've never been an ammo hoarder, instead opting to buy a few boxes at a time. Guess I've learned my lesson. Buy and store when prices are low.

I am not going to lie, I keep at least a 1,000 new rounds on hand at all times for each caliber I use. If I get low, I buy more to keep me up to 1,000 in each caliber. I then keep 2,500 worth of loading components for each caliber. This has gotten me through the droughts and panic buys, its enough for me but I am sure its not nearly enough for others.

I am not going to lie, I keep at least a 1,000 new rounds on hand at all times for each caliber I use. If I get low, I buy more to keep me up to 1,000 in each caliber. I then keep 2,500 worth of loading components for each caliber. This has gotten me through the droughts and panic buys, its enough for me but I am sure its not nearly enough for others.

Yeah that's usually what I keep across multiple calibers. I definitely wouldn't classify that as "hoarding".

My buddy's dad has around 10-15,000 rounds and is the first to buy places out when anything happens. I've come across boxes in his collection that are decades old. He maybe shoots 500 rounds a year. THAT'S hoarding IMO.

Seems like SG is gettin hit too ...

View attachment 670120
Of course they are, stuff is flying off the shelves again everywhere. It's why I "tried" again from the time the ammo came back to warn people not to let supply run low. Never know what will set off another panic. Here is another one now. This one like all of them will keep feeding off itself. Like all panic buying it just keeps spreading. As others see it you will read for months to come from people who "just found out" there is a panic. Then more people run out and start searching.
As for not scalping I did not know of SGammo until ammo had come back. Heard of it here and been super happy so far. Before them I used Ammoman for years. He did jump into the scalping stuff and I never went back. I hope SG will not either. We shall see. Academy was GREAT all through the years of the last shortage. They put .22 ammo up on line first come first served, with limits as fast as they got it in. Free shipping on $25 had me buying .22 from them weekly. Often wondered how they could make a buck off it with the free ship. I have a case of 9mm on the way from SG which will have us with around 3 cases here. Perfect as the Wife is finally showing interest in a couple of the PCC's in that caliber now. As with all panic shortages this will bleed into powder, primers, bullets, then presses and dies as it goes. So hopefully many learned last time and have all this now.

Hey everyone, this its actually my first post. Hoping for some help on where to pick up bulk rounds of 9mm for The best deal. What sites do y'all use? Or a specific brick and mortar location? Thank you in advance for your replies!
Bimart routinely has blazer brass 115gr and 125gr on sale for 17 cents per round.

I stocked up yesterday with orders to Academy and Target Sports. Not the best prices, but enough to last a few months.

At least nobody is going crazy on .22LR. I'm happy to shoot that stuff all day through my Sparrow!
Many have short memories. The last great .22 shortage did not start with .22. It started with larger stuff. After that was no longer to be had people started in on .22. It took months and still daily some would take to the net to announce there was a shortage and set more people off. So give it a little time and the .22 will be gone again too. Unlike butt wipe ammo takes a while to make more of. So as the panic grows, and those who do not pay attention slowly find out, the panic feeds like a fire. Is kind of funny to watch. Great for those who work in the factories. They will be running 24/7 again to catch up. Be lots of jobs for the service industry people who are temporarily losing jobs. :D

They are opening a BiMart here in Rathdrum. I doubt that there will be much ammo when they do.
Although I saw their ad the other day, where they had a 100 rnd case of 12ga for $19 :D
Time for some clays!!!

They are opening a BiMart here in Rathdrum. I doubt that there will be much ammo when they do.
Although I saw their ad the other day, where they had a 100 rnd case of 12ga for $19 :D
Time for some clays!!!
Wife was just looking at a circular for Walgreens showing water and hand sanitizer on sale:s0140:
I would bet if you go to the store there is none. The ads are made up a ways in advance. Shotgun shells like bird shot, should be one of the last things to go. If you want some would not wait long. As panic spreads people will grab those too.

Finally got through to Cabela's. Went ahead and bought a 250 pack of Blazer 38 spl 125 grn. With my points and free shipping and some points it was affordable.

Thats it. Got 500 rnds of S&B 10mm showing up Thursday, 650 rnds of Fiocchi 9mm (along with my 1100 rnds of 9mm last week) and now this 38 Spl. :D

The rest is all yours my friends. :);)

It's nice to hear about an ammo shortage and be able to ignore it due to proper preparation over the last four years.
There are a couple sad takeaways to this to me. 1 is of course the people who just recently saw this very thing and already are caught off guard yet again so soon. The other is assuming this goes on for a few months are going to be the people who "just found out" about it months from now. Just as with legislation that erodes freedom so many pay no attention to what is going on around them. In this day and age where the info is at their finger tips they chose to remain in the dark. When they get slapped in the head they wonder "how did this happen?":s0054:

Just think of all the people literally lining up around the block to buy their first guns at the LGS in California, then being shocked that the antis they vote for "because there aren't enough gun control laws" have implemented a "safety" test, a roster of government-approved handguns, a mandatory minimum 10 day wait, a ban on certain features, and a ban on normal magazines. But the silver lining is that some of them might wake up and begin voting against those politicians.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top