JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great, I just got ahold of Tim from CO. He is going to call me tomorrow with a ton of advice he said would make our lives WAY easier. We should have some good info for Sunday. I think the three of us with everyone's support can make this thing happen.

Awesome, I had not been able to reach him yet.

Welcome, thanks for the support! (and thanks to who got this out on facebook). As posted above, It would be great if you want to meet up with on Sunday at 3:00pm.

Peet's Coffee & Tea
19250 NW Cornell Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Currently, we an all volunteer effort. But it would be great to hear your thoughts on how to fund the recall if we decide to go that way.

I think that might have been me. I posted the NWFA site and this thread to Eastern Oregon Private Gun Sales on FB. As far as raising $$; possibly and Gofundme Account? I will send the first $100.00

It might have also been me. I posted links all over Oregon III% pages. National III% pages, Bruce Starr pages as well as my own personal page. From there i have had about 10 others share my posts as well. Don't know if anyone has shared the posts that have been shared by others but they have that could easily be where a lot of our new support is coming from. All in all shared it on about 5 different pages.

I currently don't have a car but would love to attend the meeting at Pete's cafe. If anyone is in or around the downtown Hillsboro area that can help out with a ride i would be very appreciative and would be more than willing to throw some gas money your way.

I just shared it to a few other facebook pages as well. I encourage all members that are apart of facebook groups that are pro 2a friendly to get the word out. We need as much support as possible.

EDIT: I just went through all the groups and facebook pages i like that are pro 2nd amendment and messaged them all about getting support for our initiative. Even if just a few of them post about our cause that will let thousands of people know what we are doing and possibly get us more support for our efforts.

Last Edited:
It might have also been me. I posted links all over Oregon III% pages. National III% pages, Bruce Starr pages as well as my own personal page. From there i have had about 10 others share my posts as well. Don't know if anyone has shared the posts that have been shared by others but they have that could easily be where a lot of our new support is coming from. All in all shared it on about 5 different pages.

I currently don't have a car but would love to attend the meeting at Pete's cafe. If anyone is in or around the downtown Hillsboro area that can help out with a ride i would be very appreciative and would be more than willing to throw some gas money your way.

shoot me a private message I can give you a boost i'm coming from beaverton.

shoot me a private message I can give you a boost i'm coming from beaverton.

Conversation started.

I have gotten a few of the groups on facebook that i asked about support from to share the link of this thread on their pages. Hopefully that will start drawing in more people that will be willing to help out on this. I have been in full bore mode these last couple of nights trying to network. I'm hoping it's going to payoff.

15:00 at Peet's coffee works for me.

Peet's Coffee & Tea
19250 NW Cornell Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124

My wife are hosting Easter dinner for several realtives or I would be there. I'm very passionate about removing the dead wood zombies who are threatening our Constitutional rights and would be there if I could.

Conversation started.

I have gotten a few of the groups on facebook that i asked about support from to share the link of this thread on their pages. Hopefully that will start drawing in more people that will be willing to help out on this. I have been in full bore mode these last couple of nights trying to network. I'm hoping it's going to payoff.

Same here, I shared it on 9 or 10 pro 2a fb groups, GOP groups and Libertarian groups.

Just thinking about some agenda items for tomorrow. Feel free to give your thoughts even if you are not going to make it

1. Where to we collect signatures to get access to the most district 15 voters? We need to locate the best places in district 15 that will have like-minded individuals. The gun shops are great but they arent going to see 6000 people. We need to also get permission to be on any private property.
  2. What will be the best 1-2 sentences to draw people in so then know exactly why we want their signature.
  3. How best to deflect anti-gun folks. We wont be changing any minds when out collecting signatures and there are more people who voted against Riley than for him so we dont need to. How to best deflect these so they dont waste time
  4. We need someone to man a facebook page or webpage. When we tell friends and family to spread the word we need to show them where to go and social media is going to be best. we also need to tell them where we will be collecting signatures and when.
I got some stuff at Oregon Arms and Ammunition today. Their response was "no one will leave the shop until they sign the petition" I'd say they are on our side!

Retail outlets that deal with the outdorrs would be a good starting point for signature collecting with permission of course. We are going to need a good professional lookimg face that would appeal to most people. Don't want us to look bad if we start getting media attention. There a few other things I wanted to post but I am short on time at the moment.

Finally got a hold of our NRA grass roots organizer and went over the whole plan. She has been chatting with her counterpart in Colorado to get us in touch with the key people who made the recall successful. She is going to run it up the chain of command at the NRA so see what other support we can get. Specifically asked about contacting NRA members in the district when we are ready to go so they know what we are doing and where to find us.

Just thinking about some agenda items for tomorrow. Feel free to give your thoughts even if you are not going to make it

1. Where to we collect signatures to get access to the most district 15 voters? We need to locate the best places in district 15 that will have like-minded individuals. The gun shops are great but they arent going to see 6000 people. We need to also get permission to be on any private property.
  2. What will be the best 1-2 sentences to draw people in so then know exactly why we want their signature.
  3. How best to deflect anti-gun folks. We wont be changing any minds when out collecting signatures and there are more people who voted against Riley than for him so we dont need to. How to best deflect these so they dont waste time
  4. We need someone to man a facebook page or webpage. When we tell friends and family to spread the word we need to show them where to go and social media is going to be best. we also need to tell them where we will be collecting signatures and when.
I got some stuff at Oregon Arms and Ammunition today. Their response was "no one will leave the shop until they sign the petition" I'd say they are on our side!

1. I would say get the voter registration (from GOP/LIB/OFF/NRA) and start hitting houses, or go to the library or central area in hillsboro.

2. No idea

3. Don't engage in long discussions, if they aren't interested fine move on, its a numbers game of hitting as many ppl as possible no need to get bogged down with people who want to argue philosophy.

4. I would talk to someone at PSU ( or another school) who is looking in mass media and looking to build a portfolio and ask them to build it for free and they can add it to their portfolio afterward. Also may wish to have someone be the public media person and they can:
1. Write press releases
2. Letters to the editor
3. Answer question from the press, go to events give speeches and do radio interviews.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top