JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"plan B" being voting them out of office at the next election? If you are making ANY implication of violence to resolve this you are in the wrong place.

So far the ONLY people who have demonstrated violence on the issue of gun control is the other side when Skye what's his nose broke Laughing at Liberals arm and stole his equipment to keep from having his lies recorded.
I never mentioned anything about violence. What if it all passes and the recall doesn't and he gets reelected? What then?

I never mentioned anything about violence. What if it all passes and the recall doesn't and he gets reelected? What then?
still sends a great message both about guns and elections. That 1. 2A people can organize enough volunteers to do a recall (no small feat) and its a shot across the bow. 2. That other politician who are on less firm ground are at risk and may avoid taking hard stands on divisive issues if they don't want to waste time and money on a recall election

Great meeting guys. Thanks for everyone who attended. If someone wanted to take part but could not make it message me your contact information for the recall committee email group and add what you can help with (signature gathering. social media, PR, moral support etc)

Ill get a summary up later tonight.

Just got off the phone with one of the house captains for the GOP in the area. It was a lot like I suspected, the Republicans are interested, however it will be up to us to prove we can have success. Right now they believe the school boards are more winnable than a recall, however if we are able to show them, through strong support and collecting A LOT of signatures for the recall alone, then they will be willing to come in and invest time and money into the campaign. Until then we can expect to do with what we can through our own effects and volunteers.

still sends a great message both about guns and elections. That 1. 2A people can organize enough volunteers to do a recall (no small feat) and its a shot across the bow. 2. That other politician who are on less firm ground are at risk and may avoid taking hard stands on divisive issues if they don't want to waste time and money on a recall election
but please tell me IF this doesn't work, you're not willing to bow to the new unconstitutional laws?

but please tell me IF this doesn't work, you're not willing to bow to the new unconstitutional laws?

That is a very short term approach. What if we lose? So, we gained a lot of knowledge and began laying the ground work for next time, this is a never ending fight for our rights and won't be decided by a single battle in a senate district in hillsboro.

What if we win, are we going to be satisfied, pack our bags and go home? I would hope that we use the experience win or lose and use it as a jumping off spot for next time. I lost my first election but I gained a lot of knowledge and connections that I use in this campaign. I am sure i will get valuable contacts in this one as well and can slowly build off this.

This shouldn't be a won and done deal, it should be the building blocks to a much longer campaign in taking back Oregon then America to protect our rights and hold elected officials accountable to the people who put them in office.

I sent out an email to the group that was at the meeting today with the new email address for the group. I had a little trouble reading some of the addresses. so if you did not get an email, sent me a message here to make sure you get included.

Then just what were you talking about?
here is a nice quote for you from one of our founding fathers....
"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

We don't need to recall each and every one of the gun haters. We need to recall one or two and flex our muscles to send a message to the rest that they can have their left wing agenda however guns will be political suicide so it might be safer for their political careers to champion another cause. Politicians are like sails they turn to where the wind is blowing.....we just need to make sure they turn the way we want them too.
we need to recall everyone who goes against their oaths of office.

Lets all just put down the pitch forks a bit. Furthermore, I'd ask that people refrain from posts that even SUGGEST anything illegal to preserve the integrity of any recall effort and NFWA.

Lets all just put down the pitch forks a bit. Furthermore, I'd ask that people refrain from posts that even SUGGEST anything illegal to preserve the integrity of any recall effort and NFWA.

I guarantee our opposition is already aware of our efforts and is looking for ANYTHING that can be used to discredit us.

I may be interested in helping as well. I'm of the opinion we really need to find more than just 2A issues to help insure success. There are even bigger groups out there for other causes, such as education. And Sen. Hayward (even though I do not agree 100% with them) really got beat-up bad over the forced vaccination thing. Sen. Hass is constantly pushing sales-tax as a grand solution, just as examples. A LOT of people we may not typically cross paths with that may be interested as well, for their own reasons. Because I'm sure we will need every bit of help. The threshold may only be 6,000. But you know the lawyers will be questioning every one of those signatures. 8-9,000 I think should be the actual goal.

Edit: just read about contacting and talking to Colorado and getting support from other groups (or not). I'm just just throwing ideas out there (haven't been involved in something like this before), but I'd be interested to know their challenges and hurdles.

I may be interested in helping as well. I'm of the opinion we really need to find more than just 2A issues to help insure success. There are even bigger groups out there for other causes, such as education. And Sen. Hayward (even though I do not agree 100% with them) really got beat-up bad over the forced vaccination thing. Sen. Hass is constantly pushing sales-tax as a grand solution, just as examples. A LOT of people we may not typically cross paths with that may be interested as well, for their own reasons. Because I'm sure we will need every bit of help. The threshold may only be 6,000. But you know the lawyers will be questioning every one of those signatures. 8-9,000 I think should be the actual goal.

Yes we discussed this in the meeting, The recall effort will be for more broad issues like how much out of state money went into getting him elected.

Yes we discussed this in the meeting, The recall effort will be for more broad issues like how much out of state money went into getting him elected.

I actually helped a bit in Starr's race (my first introduction) knocking on doors, so I was curious after the polls closed how much each was getting by looking at the secretary of state's campaign donation records. Riley got very little support from within the district. Most came from without. his "gun-control" donations alone were almost 10% of his campaign warchest! A lot of local businesses gave to Starr. I don't remember any giving to Riley. It's probably why Riley setup a business-forum with local business s in his district soon after getting elected, to try and grease the wheels with them.

Oh, and the money Riley got from Everytown doesn't included the indirect support he got from them: phone banks from out-of-state, door-knocking days with so-called celebrity gun-violence victims flown in to help rally the troops. There was a LOT more than just the $75k given.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top