JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL. Agreed however I don't think it's prudent to set out with the goal of trying to recall every dem in the house and senate. We should work hard to pick off two or three of the most vulnerable dems.

All mine are republicans that vote correctly so I'll have to do what I can help those of you who are not properly represented. ;)

I don't think anyone here has suggested that. The current targets are only those few who are better targets for recall, many would not fall into that category. But we don't need to recall them all, just enough to get their choke hold off the legislature.

I should also add that it would be really nice if a handful of successful recalls would let legislators know that attempting gun control in Oregon is toxic to their political health. It should hopefully serve as a future warning to any legislators in favor of such things, especially if they weren't elected by a huge majority, and many do not get elected by a huge majority.

No argument with that. The person in question though is the Dem leader in the house and you usually don't get that job without being in a safe district. That was all I was trying to point out.

True, a well-entrenched politician will be difficult to bring down. But I'm all for it if folks are gutsy enough to give it a go. As the law goes, if they do successfully pull off a recall petition, that leaves 2 choices for the politician - resign or face a run-off election. Since resignation is highly unlikely, an election is the likely outcome. And while they may win, it will cost them in time, money and effort, all the while distracting them from getting more done. Either way, it becomes a thorn in their side, that can certainly be painful.

We are still working away hard on the recall effort. If everything goes as planned we'll be ready to start collecting signatures next weekend (18th).

Once the recall petition is approved we'd like for people to start the media campaign. This will include writing in to news papers with letters to the editor on why we are doing this recall. We'll try and have a statement written that people can use as a basis for their letters. we want the media to know that this is not a 1 or 2 person effort. We want them to know that people all over the state want this to happen. Helping spread the word on facebook, contacting 2nd amendment websites and any place that will listen will be great.

Thanks for those signing up for help. We have quite a few already.

Visit the Facebook group, webpage, and Facebook page are coming soon. We are going to hit the media, forums and radio waves. We will post more information on the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Oregoniansforsocialaccountability/

Here is the link to volunteer, doesn't matter if you live close, far or around the world. We have something for anyone that is willing and everyone brings special talents!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UElOPd30pJbSt4YuREpxR1gR70oQN0BZNIsWKVxQeps/viewform

Remember, the group we have assembled is determined to carry the experience we get to other districts, we will be coming to a district near you!

This was a picture that a commentator posted on an article "Dominant Oregon Democrats leave Republicans in the dust" on Oregonlive.

"No reason for them to stay on the floor. Sen. Burdick (D) had her feet propped up on a chair playing on her Smart Phone - even had to be called twice on one vote before she thought to pay attention and vote "no", Senator Gelser was typing away on her lap top as if she was late getting her book to her editor and it really didn't appear some of the rest of the democrats wanted to be there...so why should the republicans stay?"

More stuff like this would help.
http://media.fyre.co/L3ERe0LJSgSnngYuNJWu_Feet Up Burdick.jpg

It appears they just selected from previous posts that fit their agenda.

Kruse is not a very good spokesperson ---not well prepared, seems unsure and looks away from the camera

It appears they just selected from previous posts that fit their agenda.

Kruse is not a very good spokesperson ---not well prepared, seems unsure and looks away from the camera

Agreed, he may be a strong 2A supporter, something I very much appreciate about him, but really not the best choice for this venue. Prozanski looked assured of himself and his stance. Kruse looked and sounded like someone that's already been defeated. Unfortunately in a media-driven world, you've got to get the right people in front of the camera, otherwise their message is ignored. I don't think this show did us any good either.

Agree. He was not the one we needed, mostly reactive comments, his presence was very underwhelming. He did not make a very good case, and he should have pushed a bit more instead of just rolling over and admitting that it would pass. He could have at least alluded to a potential of Democratic cross overs, just to throw liberal Floyd a curve ball.

His looking away from the camera is a lack of confidence and takes away from his message big time.

This was a picture that a commentator posted on an article "Dominant Oregon Democrats leave Republicans in the dust" on Oregonlive.

"No reason for them to stay on the floor. Sen. Burdick (D) had her feet propped up on a chair playing on her Smart Phone - even had to be called twice on one vote before she thought to pay attention and vote "no", Senator Gelser was typing away on her lap top as if she was late getting her book to her editor and it really didn't appear some of the rest of the democrats wanted to be there...so why should the republicans stay?"

More stuff like this would help.

This is better http://www.oregonfirearms.org/i-cant-function-as-a-normal-human-being

We are still working away hard on the recall effort. If everything goes as planned we'll be ready to start collecting signatures next weekend (18th).

Not trying to second guess, but throw some outside perspective: Is that too soon? Are there any upcoming events (county fairs, or such?) that would be captured and increase the potential number of signatures if the 90-day bracket were shifted? Or allow more volunteers to be gathered and organized? I understand the need to put politicians on notice, and sometimes an imperfect plan executed today is more effective than trying to execute the perfect plan tomorrow. But I believe the tea-leaves are saying that the senate vote is going to take place before the 18th anyways. Just wondering if that strategy has been thought about.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews