JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am actively talking with Kevin at OFF almost every day on strategy. Best advice we had received on how to go forward is from Tim Knight in Colorado who ran the successful recall in 2013. Turning the reins over to NRA and republicans just made a mess of too many cooks spoiling the broth. This will be successful with us running the show. We are taking necessary precautions because the opposing group in Colorado tried to sue the group into oblivion before it even got started. So it is taking longer than initially planned with just tuning in the petition and starting.

If anyone can volunteer any time send me a message with your email and I will add you to the committee group.

I would be happy to help. I'm in Deschutes county, which is largely Republican, but I would be happy to do whatever I can!

Its the number of voters in her district that voted in the governors race?

I was just thinking about this. here is the rule:

"The required number of valid signatures is 15% of the votes cast for governor in the public officer's district during the last gubernatorial election"

Is that mean all votes cast for governor or all votes cast for governor who won?

1539 is 15% of the votes for Kitzhaber. If total votes for governor then 15% is 2831

"The required number of valid signatures is 15% of the votes cast for governor in the public officer's district during the last gubernatorial election"

Is that mean all votes cast for governor or all votes cast for governor who won?

1539 is 15% of the votes for Kitzhaber. If total votes for governor then 15% is 2831
I would read it as total number. Cast for Governor rather than cast for the governor.

I'd go with the high number then pad for signatures that will be invalidated. IIRC if a single signature on a sheet is bad they throw out the rest of them. Does anybody know if that is true?

I'd go with the high number then pad for signatures that will be invalidated. IIRC if a single signature on a sheet is bad they throw out the rest of them. Does anybody know if that is true?

Can be either.

Consider the climate and what you are attempting. Assume a sheet will be tossed if one isn't good.

The favorite trick of the Oregon Sec of St is to invalidate as many sigs on anything they don't like. Punch it to 4 or 5 times what is needed. Cook them in their own bacon grease.

I'm afraid it's total votes in that race, so it's the larger number.

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from a meeting met up with some of the house captains and other Republicans. The message I got was basically good luck but they aren't interested. From what I heard the GOP leadership isn't interested and neither is Sen. Starr.....yet. They are pretty mad about losing the district in the first place and the lack of help they got. In order to get them to help us we are going to have to prove we can do this or collect a lot of signatures before they will consider helping us. We need to prove that we can be dangerous.

Not too concerned. Im not doing this to get him a job, its to send a message to the ones that currently have the power. They just better not claim responsibility when we get the recall. :)

I put this on Riley's Facebook page:

Senator Riley, the parts of SB941 that most people find objectionable are the unnecessary recording of information about the firearm being transferred, and the fact that temporary transfers are treated the same way as permanent transfers. Under SB941, if I want my neighbor to store my guns for me while I am out of town for a week we both have to go to a licensed dealer and pay fees for each item transferred, and then do it again, including the fees, when I take my firearms back. Both times the make, model, and serial number's of all my firearms are recorded and kept by the dealer, and potentially made available to government agencies.

All of this is required by SB941, when all we are really interested in is whether the recipient of the transfer is a felon or other prohibited person. Why? If this is not a de-facto gun registration scheme, why does all of that information need to be recorded? Why can't we simply identify the people involved and determine whether they are prohibited people?

Suppose that we marked the state issued ID of felons, mentally ill people, and subjects of domestic restraining orders with an irreversible mark of some kind (punch a uniquely shaped hole in it perhaps). If a person couldn't show a current state issued ID without that mark they would not be able to receive a firearm in a transfer. That's a whole lot easier, less invasive, and requires less government overhead than SB941 requires. Is it because SB941 is a de-facto gun registration scheme that we don't accomplish the same thing this easier way?

We all know that SB941 is simply an exercise in making everyone feel like they've accomplished something, when in truth it will prevent exactly zero crimes. That you would play along with this charade is disappointing, but then I suppose the money being contributed to campaign funds by Bloomberg's Mom's Demand Action, and Everytown USA will pay for a lot of charade playing. It's too bad that an out of state billionaire can so easily buy Oregon legislators.

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from a meeting met up with some of the house captains and other Republicans. The message I got was basically good luck but they aren't interested. From what I heard the GOP leadership isn't interested and neither is Sen. Starr.....yet. They are pretty mad about losing the district in the first place and the lack of help they got. In order to get them to help us we are going to have to prove we can do this or collect a lot of signatures before they will consider helping us. We need to prove that we can be dangerous.
Perhaps they will need to be reminded that we have long memories as to who our friends were when we were in need. I don't have much love for the Republicans either. In other words, Mr. Republican, don't come to me for money when you need it next time. I've learned my lesson. I contributed hundreds of dollars to the Republican candidates in the last election. Is this what I get in return?

Perhaps they will need to be reminded that we have long memories as to who our friends were when we were in need. I don't have much love for the Republicans either. In other words, Mr. Republican, don't come to me for money when you need it next time. I've learned my lesson. I contributed hundreds of dollars to the Republican candidates in the last election. Is this what I get in return?

I think that its best just to show the democrats and republicans that the 2nd amendment supporters can be a force....to get them into office or in this case to get them out of it.

Republican or democrat they have lost their will of the people they will tell you what they think you want to hear only to get elected and then follow their own personal feelings right or wrong.
They need to stay in touch with their districts and continue to ask what the people feel on any and all bills then vote to the majority. that is their job.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top