JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I voted for Bruce Starr, I'm in Riley's district. I cannot stand Riley. He only won by about 240 votes and I think it was definitely suspicious since Bruce led for a vast majority of the counting. Bruce was a very well organized representative and his family is just lovely. I don't have much time, but I'll help where I can, even if that means just signing the petition.

I just received this from Jeff Barker. I'm pleasantly surprised to see a democratic representative support 2A rights.
Thank you for your email.

I oppose expanding Oregon's background check system. As a retired police lieutenant with 31 years in law enforcement, and as a Democrat, I frequently remind my colleagues that we do not need to fear law abiding gun owners.

Thanks again for your email and please feel free to contact me again on this or any other issue.

Jeff Barker

Just got off the phone with one of the house captains for the GOP in the area. It was a lot like I suspected, the Republicans are interested, however it will be up to us to prove we can have success. Right now they believe the school boards are more winnable than a recall, however if we are able to show them, through strong support and collecting A LOT of signatures for the recall alone, then they will be willing to come in and invest time and money into the campaign. Until then we can expect to do with what we can through our own effects and volunteers.

"US'' show ''them'' how about they work for us? seems like they were elected by us, to represent us. Yea, they can sit back and watch, see if it'll further their agenda, make them look good. Then They (gop) come on board. Stand up straight and be what they are supposed to be REPRESENTATIVES FOR US. We are not voting for PTA positions

Last Edited:
I just received this from Jeff Barker. I'm pleasantly surprised to see a democratic representative support 2A rights.

My personal comment to Jeff Barker is, that he prove his support to all gun owners , step up and be a REAL voice for oregon gun owners. Talk the talk, walk the walk, plain and simple.

The news at noon just reported that the bill was voted on and passed out of commitee?!?

Also, the group name is mis-spelled on facebook...;)

TriumphRider

I just checked the bill status online. According to the Oregon Legislative Information system, it looks like the committee voted 3-2 to adopt with only amendment -7 accepted, all other proposed amendments remain proposed. Kruse and Thatcher were the 2 in the committee to vote against this bill.

I can only assume (because the site doesn't say what's next) that this will end up on the floor of the Senate for a vote. But I also understand it will have to be taken up by the House as well before it can be passed into law (after the Gov signs the bill).

It does appear to be one step closer. And it appears they ignored Thatcher's proposed ODL amendment.

Anyone here have a better read on the process of how the bill will progress after committee?

I think this is worth sharing with everyone. I did confirm by calling the elections office that we can collect signatures by having people go to a website, download and print the "electronic signature sheet," sign it and mail it to us. This does not have to be in person. We then turn in the forms received by mail when we turn in the other signatures.

When we get going, all we have to do is refer people to a website if they want to sign the petition. It costs them a stamp but that is so much easier than having to collect them all in person.

Regardless of what happens to sb941, I'm also fully committed to recalling Riley. This will achieve two things at the very least:
1. Even out the powers in the Senate a little assuming the replacement is not a Democrat. In my opinion, a balanced Senate is more beneficial to all Oregonians.
2. More importantly, it will send a message to all elected officials that messing with 2A rights is a political suicide. My hope is most of them would not touch an anti-rights bill with a 10 foot poll.

I think we have a good momentum going and one questionable amendment should not be relaxing.
Absolutely,correct we need them thinking twice before messing with our freedoms! I don't live in district 15 but would help collect signatures in district 15 :cool:

Awesome! Thanks. I was still looking for that answer.

http://gov.oregonlive.com/bill/2015/SB941/

im-just-a-bill.png

You know, I wasn't too sure about Sen Hayward at first. I thought she won her district pretty handily, and she also represents downtown Portland (as far as pearl district).
But then I read this. If you read down to the end of the article I read

"Some of my colleagues changed their minds for a variety of reasons," she said. "They got a lot of pressure. This is an issue that mobilizes a small minority of people but makes them pretty loud.""

Followed by some additional familiar calls for recall in the comments section. I'm still on the outside, looking in on this. But there may actaully be something to look at here.

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland...yward-dropped-her-controversial.html?page=all

Last Edited:
Chuck Riley's Facebook page is overwhelmed with people opposing SB941 and some are openly asking for his recall. We could probably get a couple of hundred petitions signed just by contacting the people that commented. After reading the comments, I'm 100% certain he doesn't have the support of his constituents and the recall needs to go forward either way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top