JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AR15 5.56:
Magpul - Excellent! I have a bunch of 10 & 30 rd non-windowed Pmags, all work flawlessly. They've been beaten, dropped from 6' onto concrete and rocks, etc. I've lost all but 2 of the top clips.
C-Products steel 30rd - Meh - use them only if I have to. These things are a PITA to load. I've had a few FTF where the bolt wouldn't even strip it off, and yes, it was locked in. When it happens, I first pull on the mag to see if it will come free.
Troy Battle - just bought and loaded a bunch. They load nicely and look like they will work, but will see. In my hand, I prefer their scale texture finish.

AR15 6.8 SPC
PRI - worth every cent. It's just that, at 4,500 cents per magazine, I only have a few.
ASC - Just bought 6 and can tell I will need to have a very shallow U Dremel'd into the lip so they feed nicely into the feed ramp. If you try to push a round out by hand, they usually hang on the feed lip.

AR10 308 DPMS pattern

DPMS 5rd - I need to take it apart and clean it. No anti-tilt follower and it infrequently hangs.
Milsurp Noname, 20rd - These things rock it! Hundreds and hundreds of rounds, flawlessly.
Excellent post.
I will add that when speaking of C-Products, there is "old C-Products" and "C-Products Defense - CPD".
I think it is the son that broke off and started CPD. He is active on 68Forums and has good 6.8 mags as well as mags for other popular AR cartridges.
Most are out of stainless steel (blackened).

Excellent post.
I will add that when speaking of C-Products, there is "old C-Products" and "C-Products Defense - CPD".
I think it is the son that broke off and started CPD. He is active on 68Forums and has good 6.8 mags as well as mags for other popular AR cartridges.
Most are out of stainless steel (blackened).
Good to know about C-Products vs. CPD. Mine are "stainless" steel.
A good indication of the quality of a mag, to me, is taking a 5.56 mag and loading it with 6.8 SPC. The C-Prod ones bulge out after 5 rounds, the Magpul 30-rounders make it to 11 6.8SPC rounds. Even at 5, the C-Prod won't feed well. The Magpul sometimes hang on the first feed, then work fine afterwords. After struggling with one in the snow, I said fuggit and bought a bunch of the ASCs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top