JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before worrying about any aspect of pricing, first try to begin a discussion with the seller. You'd be surprised at how many so-called active FS ads are like "untended drift nets", abandoned long ago by hit & run sellers who made their deal and disappeared without bothering to close their FS ad.

If, by some small miracle, you happen to catch a seller's attention, then that's the time to directly discuss specific pricing questions and/or issues with the one and only person who can address them.
^^^This. Want to rant, rant on the chowderheads that can't manage to lock their damn threads after they sell their crap. #weneedthatautolockfeature

Last Edited:
Can't disagree with your first post Re all the little cool accessories that THE SELLER WANTED, but buyer doesn't. But ruin The Community? Nah. Look at it like this. Your walking down the street, on the sidewalk. Look there! Right in front of you, right in the middle, is a big ol' terd. What do you do? You step over, or around it. Right? Do the same with those kinds of ads. It'd be dumb to step in it, and then complain about it.
Sometimes you have to stomp it ! flaming-bag-of-porch-poop.jpg

Custom guns are like custom cars and custom kitchens and pretty much everything else custom. You'll never get back what you put into it. The next guy is just going to tear it down and redo it.

I keep all my stock rifle parts in a tote (handguards, triggers, etc). If I sell the rifle I first reassemble to stock configuration. I sell the accessories separately. I've had very good luck in the classifieds that way.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/classified-spammers-getting-old.383324/

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/classified-spammers-getting-old.383324/
I think you forgot a few.

When I see an ad priced in the stratosphere I simply ignore it.

However; there is irony that when OP obeys the rule against WTS thread crapping and comes here to complain many people show up to complain about him complaining. Why doesn't the policy "if you don't like it simply move along" apply here too?

:s0045:

Wait. Wait. Wait. So the stipple job that cost 500.00 dollars doesn't turn my 450.00 dollar Glock into a 1000.00 dollar Glock? Dang…..

Wow. So we're separating it between the have and the have not? Perhaps I was wrong about this community as a whole. And with that attitude from a paid member, why would anyone pay?

Come on kid, you're not paying close enough attention while standing up there on your soapbox. Do you see any subscription stars next to my username?

This all brings to mind an expression about getting hit with a door knob in it.

Come on kid, you're not paying close enough attention while standing up there on your soapbox. Do you see any subscription stars next to my username?

This all brings to mind an expression about getting hit with a door knob in it.
Oh that's just great, somebody anonymously gives me a bronze membership….

I chose not to renew my platinum, gold and Silver membership subscription because I have purpose every spare cent I have to getting Kamala Harris elected to the office of president next election cycle!

OK, not really!

A big thank you to ever anonymously gifted me the bronze membership upgrade.

:s0155:

I like to be detailed when I list something for sale. I don't include prices of any of any of the extras, I wouldn't remember what I paid for it all anyway. I list it for what I hope to get out of it all and negotiate from there. Negotiation seems to be the true lost skill these days.

I once had someone want to buy something, sans some of the extras. His argument was "You can sell it on xyz site". My response was "so can you". End of discussion.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top