JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to the range yesterday and when I was heading out, my wife asked me how long I'd be gone. When I said "it depends on whether there's much good brass lying around", she scoffed at me and rolled her eyes. I came back with 276 pieces of Norma .223 brass and she was still unimpressed until I showed her the current prices for empties (midway and brownells shown in pic below).

Anyway, I spent $17 on 150 .380 reloads, $31 in 100 commercially produced 5.56, $2 on a coffee, $6 in gas, and still came out ahead. ;-)

brass.png

I usually pay about $0.30/round for factory (Federal, Hornady) .223/5.56 ammo, yet Norma brass is going for $0.54/piece. I'm curious, what justifies this price?

Tighter manufacturing tolerances make each piece more consistent with the others -- this helps reduce variables that can have an effect on a load's performance and at least theoretically help you build more accurate ammo. I've used plenty of Hornaday, Federal, and others, though I put more work into those cases.

I usually pay about $0.30/round for factory (Federal, Hornady) .223/5.56 ammo, yet Norma brass is going for $0.54/piece. I'm curious, what justifies this price?

Tighter manufacturing tolerances make each piece more consistent with the others -- this helps reduce variables that can have an effect on a load's performance and at least theoretically help you build more accurate ammo. I've used plenty of Hornaday, Federal, and others, though I put more work into those cases.

Nah! It's because Norma has big brass ones...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top