JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you do with your random ammo?

I seem to end up with lots of odds and ends ammo for some reason. It might have been from a buddy or in a box of misc stuff I bought or shot the rest but only have a couple left.
An example would be 2rds of .223 hp unknown weight or a few rounds of .308 SP of various head stamp.

Do you just load up a random mag and blast them on the range? Break them down for the components? Something else?

If I have a few rounds left in a box when I'm about done shooting, unless they are very expensive I just shoot them. I do the same thing with ice cream. If there are 1.5 servings left, they are going down now. :)

If they are my unknown loads, I randomly fire them at plinking targets. I don't fire any else's handloads. I once had a fellow club member gift me a quantity of factory remanufactured .308 Win. ammo, because he was having a difficult time getting it to chamber in his rifle. I mentioned that I loaded my own .308 ammo, and I could pull the bullets and see what the problem was. He replied: "take it and keep it, since I can't return it."
After I returned home, I checked the rounds with a chamber gauge. Many of them were insufficiently sized, and after resizing were over length, to boot! After trimming, I reloaded the brass and pulled bullets and enjoyed the mild plinking loads I assembled. I also plan to never purchase remanufactured ammo. I much prefer ammo manufactured in house.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top