JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you do with your random ammo?

I seem to end up with lots of odds and ends ammo for some reason. It might have been from a buddy or in a box of misc stuff I bought or shot the rest but only have a couple left.
An example would be 2rds of .223 hp unknown weight or a few rounds of .308 SP of various head stamp.

Do you just load up a random mag and blast them on the range? Break them down for the components? Something else?

If I have a few rounds left in a box when I'm about done shooting, unless they are very expensive I just shoot them. I do the same thing with ice cream. If there are 1.5 servings left, they are going down now. :)

If they are my unknown loads, I randomly fire them at plinking targets. I don't fire any else's handloads. I once had a fellow club member gift me a quantity of factory remanufactured .308 Win. ammo, because he was having a difficult time getting it to chamber in his rifle. I mentioned that I loaded my own .308 ammo, and I could pull the bullets and see what the problem was. He replied: "take it and keep it, since I can't return it."
After I returned home, I checked the rounds with a chamber gauge. Many of them were insufficiently sized, and after resizing were over length, to boot! After trimming, I reloaded the brass and pulled bullets and enjoyed the mild plinking loads I assembled. I also plan to never purchase remanufactured ammo. I much prefer ammo manufactured in house.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top