JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lot of D-baggery in this thread. Curse of the internet, I guess. People feel put upon in real life and have to explode when people feel different than they about what constitutes a good 2A message at these rallies. I'll make a serious attempt at the Olympia one, although I haven't heard much of it, leading me to believe it might not be large.

I'll be glad to see anyone who shows up, but would sure rather they didn't come surplus-stored-up armed to fight VC.

I seems to me that if people spent more time worry about themselves and how they want to dress/carry and less about other peoples personal choice that there would be less "D-baggery"... I do not care what you wear, what you carry, how you look, what religion you belong to, what political party you support or what color you are. We need everyone to appear however they want to support the Constitution of the United States. So if you show up dressed up in "surplus-stored-up armed to fight VC", then so be it.. I will be there to shake your hand and tell you thank you for showing up and being counted.... Words are cheap, action is where is is at.. People it is time to walk the walk and talk the talk, come as you are and be counted....

I seems to me that if people spent more time worry about themselves and how they want to dress/carry and less about other peoples personal choice that there would be less "D-baggery"... I do not care what you wear, what you carry, how you look, what religion you belong to, what political party you support or what color you are. We need everyone to appear however they want to support the Constitution of the United States. So if you show up dressed up in "surplus-stored-up armed to fight VC", then so be it.. I will be there to shake your hand and tell you thank you for showing up and being counted.... Words are cheap, action is where is is at.. People it is time to walk the walk and talk the talk, come as you are and be counted....

Yeah in a perfect world, but as has been said, you're fighting the people who control the media. Perception is reality. These camo'd up people are perfectly fine and reasonable adults, mostly, however, that wont be the narrative at the opening of the 6' and 10' newscast. Why don't we put on our Sunday best and play the game and rub their faces in it.

Yeah in a perfect world, but as has been said, you're fighting the people who control the media. Perception is reality. These camo'd up people are perfectly fine and reasonable adults, mostly, however, that wont be the narrative at the opening of the 6' and 10' newscast. Why don't we put on our Sunday best and play the game and rub their faces in it.

Sigh: Have you read the whole thread. Besides my camo is the nicest stuff I own....

My friends Sunday's best are sweats, my other friends Sunday best is Armani and all of us served our country and took an oath and all of us and all of our other friends will be coming in our military fatigues. More of our friends are bikers and will be wearing their Sunday best leathers... It is not anyones place to pick another persons attire, less you risk excluding them.. Let them come as comfortable and not dressed unnaturally for an event that they feel passionate about... Oh and bubblegum the liberal press, they will find any way they want to spin this how they choose... I have been at every rally to date and will not miss one in the future, but I will go as I choose, dressed as I choose, carrying what and how I choose and to hell with anyone that has a problem with it... This is my fight, my way, my terms.. I welcome everyone to do the same...

I think that the thing that the press and the politicians need to see is the truth, the real people... 2A supporters are not all bankers that wear suits and may have nothing in common. They are veterans, farmers, plumbers, bankers, lawyers and the such... 2A supporters are just people, but what they do have in common is that they are all voters and should be feared equally... Diverse is what we are and diverse is how we should be seen... Fear the people, all the people and not just the pretty ones...

I didn't tell anyone what to wear. I lamented that people come to these without any thoughts on the message they send with their attire. I guess some of these other guys who left this conversation probably had the right idea. Lot of open hostility to anyone not of the same mind. See any of you at the Olympia rally, gents.

And it is still nation wide as well, I know it will be hard for some to believe but I moderate on another firearms forum and a patriot based forum and was amazed at the folks that didn't realize this was going on at all capitols on the 19th at noon just like last year so if any of you have peeps out of state let them know the score

I guess some of these other guys who left this conversation probably had the right idea. Lot of open hostility to anyone not of the same mind.
keep guessing and reread the thread, those folks are pushing their agenda and some of us didn't take kindly to it, that's all not that big of a deal really.....I got the basic message , showing is what counts and that is something we can all agree on.

Come as you are, the moment you try to push others to come as you are, you're going to get resistance from some, including myself, so what, really its all a bunch of opinions and personal preference.......not one person who doesn't care what peoples appearance is said "wear camo and pack a gun or your not making a good enough impression" but it sure was the other way around now wasn't it

Last Edited:
I sure wish it could reach everyone here at this forum, as the stats are amazing. Looks like it will just be restricted to this area though?
Northwest Firearms Community Statistics

Threads
Members

Just remember folks, persons without CHL's may carry firearms OPENLY , NOT CONCEALED. However, this rally is in Salem, so those guns MAY NOT be loaded. Furthermore no guns may be carried into the the Capitol building , loaded or unloaded by non license holders. (The building won't be open anyway but the law says "in or on " a public building.) If a cop interprets that to mean the Capitol steps, non license holders are potentially at risk. ORS 166.370.

As quoted from OFF.

I'm a little confused on this

does loaded mean chambered or is it a loaded mag, not chambered ??

Pre thank you

Loaded Firearms.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a loaded firearm, whether the shell or cartridge is
a blank or is live ammunition, while in a public place as defined in ORS 161.015.

(b) Nothing in subsection (a) shall apply to:
(1) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(2) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(3) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(4) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building under ORS 166.370.
(5) A government employee or contractor of the City of Salem engaged in flight safety hazard abatement to
comply with Chapter 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 139.337 at McNary Field. (Ord No. 29-96;
Ord No. 54-05)

http://www.cityofsalem.net/Departments/Legal/Salem Revised Codes/Miscellaneous.pdf

thanks, I was hoping to understand whether loaded is defined as chambered or if loaded means a mag full in the firearm.....because to me its two different things.
I always CC chambered but usually my long guns are loaded mags not chambered, unless I am hunting then chambered safety on.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top