JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh never mind komo and king 5 finally updated their websites, thanks to the jacknob toting a tactical vest and AR komo and kiro both zoomed in on you

Also I recognized that pastor guy they interviewed I was pretty sure he was a proponent for 594 and sure enough he was and of course he tells the news you can go online and buy a gun ugh I'm getting so sick of the news and everyone claiming you can buy online without a background check and that this is just in sales

Anyway they mentioned the proponents have their own thing tomorrow, anyone have info on that so wet can crash their party.
I am sure that this is already understood by any who would attempt to elucidate the many and varied pitfalls of I-594 at an event supporting the initiative, but I'll say it anyway; Well spoken, calm, and cool heads will prevail.

635492661034250024-gun-rally1018.jpg

thanks a lot, idiot.

anyone know who he is?

Last Edited:
View attachment 108539

thanks a lot, idiot.

anyone know who he is?

I don't know who he is. But, however flamboyantly open he is about exercising his right, he actually showed up in support of our cause. That trumps someone from our own camp playing fashion police, taking potshots at him , from the safety and anonymity of his basement in Redmond.

You were there, why didn't you ask him his name?

I don't know who he is. But, however flamboyantly open he is about exercising his right, he actually showed up in support of our cause. That trumps someone from our own camp playing fashion police, taking potshots at him , from the safety and anonymity of his basement in Redmond.

Well, yes and no.
People were politely asked by the organizers of the event not to turn this into a "show me your guns" rally. They KNEW this would attract attention — the wrong kind, mind you — from the press, and from what I can tell, this fellow's image showed up on at least a couple of broadcasts. That's the image far too many people will remember about gun owners and it is one that will be used by the gun prohibition crowd.
If you don't understand that, you're in line for an election night but-whooping.

On the other hand, I've got to agree with you that people who post with anonymity are a pain in the neck. One of the two of us, for example, uses his full name on this and any other forum to which he belongs.

We can either "police" ourselves or allow someone the opening at the ballot box to do it for us. Which would you prefer?

Showing up for a good cause is definitely a plus in my book. Being "flamboyantly open" about something, maybe not so much in this case, with an election hinging on it. But it's done and can't be undone, and we'll just have to make sure everyone votes. With the facts.

Naturally nothing got through the lefty media concerning the loaning or allowing non family to shoot your gun issue, which is at least 50% of why this such an awful initiative, and a factor which would sway a lot of undecided voters

It's Saturday and here in Thurston Cty we haven't received the Voter's Guides, just ballots

You were there, why didn't you ask him his name?

Virtually no other movement eats it's young like the pro Second.. if we lose, it will be due to laziness and infighting on our part

Well, yes and no.
People were politely asked by the organizers of the event not to turn this into a "show me your guns" rally. They KNEW this would attract attention — the wrong kind, mind you — from the press, and from what I can tell, this fellow's image showed up on at least a couple of broadcasts. That's the image far too many people will remember about gun owners and it is one that will be used by the gun prohibition crowd.
If you don't understand that, you're in line for an election night but-whooping.

On the other hand, I've got to agree with you that people who post with anonymity are a pain in the neck. One of the two of us, for example, uses his full name on this and any other forum to which he belongs.

We can either "police" ourselves or allow someone the opening at the ballot box to do it for us. Which would you prefer?

Showing up for a good cause is definitely a plus in my book. Being "flamboyantly open" about something, maybe not so much in this case, with an election hinging on it. But it's done and can't be undone, and we'll just have to make sure everyone votes. With the facts.

Agreed. WE all DO have a much bigger issue to deal with I-594.

Let's not get lost in the weeds, by losing our focus.

Do you guys do any GOTV work? Any phone banks in Vancouver that an Oregon supporter could work?

Voting begins as both sides demonstrate on dueling gun measures

Evergreen State voters began filling out their ballots this weekend, casting the first votes on competing Initiatives 591 and 594, with a gun rights demonstration Saturday at Westlake Plaza and a gun control march Sunday afternoon, the latest chapter in a fight that is getting national attention.

<broken link removed>

has everyone been leveraging their social media to combat 594? hopefully? facebook, twitter, etc?

family and friends are going to be far more receptive to discussion than random strangers. and lots of them may be on the fence or misled into supporting 594, when a little logic is all it would take to turn them anti 594.

has everyone been leveraging their social media to combat 594? hopefully? facebook, twitter, etc?

family and friends are going to be far more receptive to discussion than random strangers. and lots of them may be on the fence or misled into supporting 594, when a little logic is all it would take to turn them anti 594.

My Examiner columns go out daily on Facebook, Twitter

From what I understand their march had about 100 people and no broadcast coverage that I can find. He had stated that it would be 3 times as big if I recall right. Guess he had that backwards. I'm not going to lose hope. Everything I see indicates that opposition is greater than support in spite of the money pouring into it.

After the election, I suggest a moderator to delete all the threads on I592/594 or put them all in one thread for future reference. It would remove the clog caused by so many threads on the same subject. Thanks

My Examiner columns go out daily on Facebook, Twitter

Thank you for writing them. I post them on FB and e-mail them to friends!

I've already managed to convince a few fence sitters that I know that besides the fact I-594 has zero support from major police organizations, it's fair game to bring up Bloomberg's anti-freedom record as former mayor of New York.

Stop and frisk was a civil rights violation disaster (and racist); banning large sodas was stupid and obnoxious. All you have to do is tell people that by voting for I-594, they're siding with a rich man who has a track record of stomping on people's rights... just because he can.

I sent this letter to King 5 news

"I would have thought after all the mud on the media's face over not calling out the claim about Obama care "if you like your doctor you can keep him" King 5 would not want to repeat that. But you are once again showing you are either complicit or incompetent in your coverage of what I-594 does, it adds background checks for sales, yes, but also "transfers and loans". 17 characters and your news would be accurate, but you choose to report only sales, clearly misleading your readers and viewers.

Why? Are you so corrupted? Afraid of the truth? Or just totally incompetent?

Background checks on sales sounds so innocent, background checks on transfers and loans is clearly sinister, because it is and would be rejected by the general public IF YOU TOLD THE TRUTH"

I suggest we also try to call out the news where ever we can, they are clearly misleading the public. I-594 has learned from Obamacare, make the bill so long almost no one will actually read it. This point also suports 206thsense's argument, ask people how many words does it take to say " All firearm sales require a background check of the buyer" , that is a total of 10, so why is I-594 18 pages, because just like Obamacare, what you are being told it does is not what it does....

I'm not a Washington resident, but I'm not foolish enough to think this kind of initiative won't be heading to Oregon in the near future. I've been taking every opportunity to talk with the Washington voters I know, many of whom are quite ignorant on the issue, and encourage them to vote in favor of our rights. I only wish I could cast a vote in WA myself. There seems to be plenty of apathy where these measures are concerned, I fear that many will vote in favor of more restrictions, and will do so without ever researching the actual issue, they'll see some tagline that says they'll be 'safer' and actually believe it and cast their vote never knowing what they've really done.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews