JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent this letter to king5:

http://static.king5.com/contact-us/

Recipient: Investigators

"You want to report on fraud?

How about reporting on the fraudulent I-594 sales pitch?

Report on what I-594 supporters are not telling voters.

594 supporters repeat over and over it is just to "close the gun show sales loophole". That's all I-594 is about, really! Just sales! Trust us!

But 594 is far, far overreaching beyond that.

It goes far beyond merely regulating sales. It regulates mere temporary transfers of _possession_.

Read exemption 4(c), where it exempts background checks on "temporary transfer of possession" for self defense. Upon which the firearm must be immediately returned when the threat is gone.

This has nothing to do with sales, transfer of ownership, or title! This is a mere transfer of _possession_!

This is a fraud being perpetrated upon voters. They are NOT being told what 594 really is about.

By regulating transfers of possession, 594 imposes obnoxious rules on perfectly normal, harmless activity.

Under 594, my mother can grab my gun to defend herself against an attacker.

But I may not hand her the gun in my home in order to instruct her on its safe operation.

If temporary transfers of _possession_ were not regulated by 594, then exemption 4(c) would not exist! It makes no sense to exempt something that doesn't need an exemption.

Exemption 4(a) only exempts background checks for "bona fide gifts" to family members. Merely borrowing a firearm among family members still requires a background check!

You are mischaracterizing opposition to the bill. Gun owners are not against background checks for sales. We do not fear 594 will "create a registry".

We oppose 594 because it imposes obnoxious, onerous rules on mere temporary transfers of possession, which has absolutely nothing to do with sales or "gun show loopholes".

I've heard the comment, and don't know if it came from a lawmaker or not, but they were saying that, in those circumstances, the law would never be enforced.

Makes you wonder why they want a law that they intend to selectively enforce.

From what I understand their march had about 100 people and no broadcast coverage that I can find. He had stated that it would be 3 times as big if I recall right. Guess he had that backwards. I'm not going to lose hope. Everything I see indicates that opposition is greater than support in spite of the money pouring into it.

In the 1990s a very bad handgun sales ban initiative failed by a no vote in the + 70 percentile, if I remember right. Dave might have that info

OH, and I AM against background checks for private sales..

The misinformation of I 594 commercials revealed.

Pulled this from another forum, spread it far and wide.

I saw one of the YES on 594 commercials. It featured a woman whose mother was shot by her domestic partner. They then make the leap to, without 594 a domestic abuser could buy a gun through a private sale or gun show without a background check.

Wait, did she say that's where her mother's shooter got the gun? No, she didn't, she cleverly inferred the connection.

The woman in that commercial, Rory Graves, is "social media coordinator" for ParentMap.com

Here's a more detailed story on how her mom was shot: https://www.parentmap.com/article/n...a-familys-story-of-guns-and-domestic-violence

If you read the story, you will note that her mom's partner was a reserve police officer and gun collector - in other words he was not legally prohibited from owning guns, and therefore a UBC law would have done nothing to prevent him from owning them. Of course the commercial makes no mention of any of these details, since the general public would probably scratch their heads at the suggestion that a police officer may not have passed a background check to purchase a gun. Once again, 594 would not have done anything to save the situation, but Rory Graves doesn't care.

Why might Rory Graves not care? Possibly because she is a 594 campaign donor herself ($100), and her employer ParentMap.com has also donated nearly $2452.50 - this was all pulled from WA PDC donor info for WAGR/594 - you can search for RORY GRAVES and "PARENT MAP" to find all of the combined contributions: http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySyste...=V0FTSEFHIDEwMQ====&year=2014&type=initiative

Rory Graves' bio page at ParentMap.com (https://www.parentmap.com/author/rory-graves) is also filled with various stories penned by her, parroting the typical gun control promotional claptrap, including riveting stories on Nick Hanauer and WAGR and Moms Demand Action

Obviously Rory Graves is not just someone who they picked off of the street. She is likely social pals with Nick Hanauer, and she just conveniently happened to have a family member who was shot by someone, an outcome that never would have been affected by initiatives like 594 in the first place.

timac. great post, I was actually thinking about doing some of that very research today. I was guessing they Rory was not telling the truth, and that unless her mom's partner was already a felon then I-594 would not have stopped anything. And if he was already a felon, it proves that felons do not respec t the laws and would have found another way to get a gun.

thanks again!

timac. great post, I was actually thinking about doing some of that very research today. I was guessing they Rory was not telling the truth, and that unless her mom's partner was already a felon then I-594 would not have stopped anything. And if he was already a felon, it proves that felons do not respec t the laws and would have found another way to get a gun.

thanks again!

He was a reserve Police officer, gun collector, not a felon as the commercial lets you believe.

timac, I just sent all the info to King 5 news and asked them to consider doing a report on the fraud, telling them it is their duty as a new organization to server the people of Wa.

thanks again for the catch

can someone who knows how pull a screen shot of the article about the shooting before they pull it off the website?

Normal from the Outside: A Family's Story of Guns and Domestic Violence

By Rory Graves

mom_and_daughter_feature_490x366.jpg It was the phone call that I had been dreading.

"Your mom is in the hospital. John* shot her," said my Aunt Lauren*.

I felt like someone had slugged me in the gut. The questions poured out of me along with the tears: How bad was it? What condition was she in?

Some part of me, the part that prefers optimistic naivety over hard truths, had been hoping that I'd never have to take this call. The rational part had been expecting it. I'd become adept at picking out certain parts of a pattern over the years, and this was the next piece that makes up the ugly fabric of domestic violence.

My aunt handed the phone to my mother, who talked in the sugary, soothing voice she uses whenever she reassures me that she is "fine." I've always known that she's lying when she uses that tone.

"I'm fine, sweetie! It could have been so much worse. I just wanted to wait until I was stable enough to tell you so you didn't have to worry. Everything is going to be just fine. It's just my foot." I soon learned that it actually had been days since she arrived at the hospital.

I wanted to hold her hand, to hug her. Instead, I sobbed as she quickly came up with an excuse to hang up the phone. She had been dreading this phone call as much as I had.

Our previous conversation hadn't ended well. A year before, I'd learned that her husband had been arrested for strangling her and threatening her with guns. They had since reconciled and were living together. I'd yelled at my mom, told her that she was being stupid and reckless. I'd pleaded with her and threatened to stop speaking to her. Nothing worked. She'd spent their entire 20-year marriage defending my stepfather, while my brother and I had spent most of our childhood resenting her for it. It was a bitterness that seemed to taint even the sweetest moments.

'Normal' from the outside
I was 7 when my mom began dating John. After a brief courtship, they were married. Suddenly, our home felt like a strange dictatorship. The rules were unpredictable and changed with John's whims. My brother was nicknamed LB, short for "lead butt," and I became "the 'tard," short for "the retard." If we didn't wake up before 6:30 a.m. each morning, he sprayed us with a water cannon. If our showers took longer than three minutes, he shut off the water to the entire house and we were left with soapy hair and burning eyes. I found myself sometimes using the garden hose to wash my hair.

A common myth about domestic violence is that it's only prevalent among those who are uneducated and living in poverty. John was extremely intelligent: He read books on abstract mathematics and had a master's degree in engineering. My mom held an MBA and earned two more masters' degrees during their marriage. From the outside, we probably seemed perfectly normal. We lived in an upscale neighborhood. We attended church.

John collected guns. They were laid out meticulously in rows on the floor of the living room, boxes of ammunition stacked nearby. Dozens of "sharp shooter" trophies, from his time as a police reserve officer, were displayed on a shelf. There was a scar from a bullet on his ankle. When I asked about it he grew quiet and sulky, so I learned to avoid the question. Years later, I found out he had shot himself accidentally.

He liked to conduct target practice on the television with the laser sights on his gun. A Republican, he would pull out his gun when President Bill Clinton was on, cursing as he fired his unloaded weapon, the sight on Clinton's head. The "click, click, click" of the gun was always a warning that he was in a bad mood.

Through the years, John became more controlling and violent. We all learned to tiptoe around him, to try our best to go unseen and unnoticed. My brother and I cleaned the house frantically when we knew he was on his way home, desperate to mitigate anything that would trigger his anger.

He found ways of justifying any physical abuse. "I wasn't pulling your hair, that's called a hair hold. It's what we'd use on criminals when we'd arrest them," he'd say, referencing his officer experience.

Years of abuse warps people. Abusers know this. They start off charming and loving, but slowly peel away the self-worth of their victims like the layers of an onion. That's how they get them to stay. Sometimes, my mother will sigh to herself and say wistfully, "I used to be funny. I could tell good jokes and make people laugh. I feel like I've lost that." I long to tell her that she didn't lose it, it was taken from her.

Last Edited:
... and it's a completely unverifiable story.

In related news, Cheryl Stumbo is stumping for FORCING EVEN MORE transactions into the very same NICS system that allowed Naveed Haq to purchase the firearm he used, without improving either the court getting similar people into needed MH care, or the reporting needed to have NICS see these disqualifiers.

The misinformation of I 594 commercials revealed.

Pulled this from another forum, spread it far and wide.

I saw one of the YES on 594 commercials. It featured a woman whose mother was shot by her domestic partner. They then make the leap to, without 594 a domestic abuser could buy a gun through a private sale or gun show without a background check.

Wait, did she say that's where her mother's shooter got the gun? No, she didn't, she cleverly inferred the connection.

The woman in that commercial, Rory Graves, is "social media coordinator" for ParentMap.com

Here's a more detailed story on how her mom was shot: https://www.parentmap.com/article/n...a-familys-story-of-guns-and-domestic-violence

If you read the story, you will note that her mom's partner was a reserve police officer and gun collector - in other words he was not legally prohibited from owning guns, and therefore a UBC law would have done nothing to prevent him from owning them. Of course the commercial makes no mention of any of these details, since the general public would probably scratch their heads at the suggestion that a police officer may not have passed a background check to purchase a gun. Once again, 594 would not have done anything to save the situation, but Rory Graves doesn't care.

Why might Rory Graves not care? Possibly because she is a 594 campaign donor herself ($100), and her employer ParentMap.com has also donated nearly $2452.50 - this was all pulled from WA PDC donor info for WAGR/594 - you can search for RORY GRAVES and "PARENT MAP" to find all of the combined contributions: http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySyste...=V0FTSEFHIDEwMQ====&year=2014&type=initiative

Rory Graves' bio page at ParentMap.com (https://www.parentmap.com/author/rory-graves) is also filled with various stories penned by her, parroting the typical gun control promotional claptrap, including riveting stories on Nick Hanauer and WAGR and Moms Demand Action

Obviously Rory Graves is not just someone who they picked off of the street. She is likely social pals with Nick Hanauer, and she just conveniently happened to have a family member who was shot by someone, an outcome that never would have been affected by initiatives like 594 in the first place.

Anti 2nd types are inveterate liars

She mentioned " years of abuse warps people".
Must be the only true statement in that article!!!:eek:

Weapons owners are some of the most mentally abused people in the world, (by the left) yet we manage to overcome the assault by lefty psychos, and march on. But they are going to keep pushing and pushing, until...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top