JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks a little gimmicky... but had it been available ida probably got it instead of my Spectre2 cause I'm easily distracted by shiny things:p
Seems like something cooler always comes out right after you commit.
Can't complain though.. my Spectre 2 is pretty nifty:D

Interesting. So it looks like they reverse the baffles on the front section in the optimized configuration...
I wonder how it stacks up to my dead air mask hd?

Personally i dont think there is much difference sound-wise on any of the 22 cans when shooting subsonic. Ive researched the heck out of it and they all work about the same imo. Differences in size, weight, build quality, cleaning are reaL but performance wise they are all pretty much dead silent imo.

Here is an example video:

Also fyi i briefly tested non-surpressed 3.5" pistol vs 16" rifle and the longer barrel reduced perceived sound levels by 4 times (subsonic ammo). So subsonic rounds such as cci standard velocity+long barrel = already really quiet. Then add any suppressor = ridiculously quiet.

There are a few rumors that accuracy suffers with this suppressor, but there aren't enough reviews available yet to confirm.

108 dB is impressive, but so is 112 dB in all honesty. I'd like to hear one in person, but right now I still think the Mask is one of the best sounding suppressors on the market. I'd love to see the two compared side by side.

Last Edited:
Looks a little gimmicky... but had it been available ida probably got it instead of my Spectre2 cause I'm easily distracted by shiny things:p
Seems like something cooler always comes out right after you commit.
Can't complain though.. my Spectre 2 is pretty nifty:D

Especially when the commitment takes a year to arrive.

Yes for sure on more than one .22 can. I was warned to get 2x since I have teen age boys. No since in one person being quite when the others are not.

As for the one to get, hard to demo them! Wish that was an easy thing to do.

Elite Iron .22RF Echo Six Inch. All SS. Comes completely apart. All parts available. Very tight baffles.

www.eliteiron.com

10 oz!!!
:s0001:

Caliber: .22LR, .22 Mag, .17 HMR
Weight: 10 oz
Overall Length: 6 in
Exterior Diameter: 1.00 in
Sound Reduction: 33 db High Velocity
Sound Reduction: 37 db Subsonic
Materials: Tube: 300 series Stainless SteelInternals: 17/4PH H900 Stainless Steel

Thread: 1/2-28

ECHO 6" - Elite Iron

Thank you ConcernedCitizen. I forgot to add the weight. Very tight threads also. You can not just spin them on. The cans stay attached.

One on the Bug Gun. The other on the SBR Ruger 10-22.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws and BATFE Rules and Regulations Apply.

Because they are also full auto rated and are heavier because they are. I added the other stuff because the threads are tight. The baffles are tight. Make sure your barrel threads are correct. The legal stuff I added because it is a good idea to.

Because they are also full auto rated and are heavier because they are. I added the other stuff because the threads are tight. The baffles are tight. Make sure your barrel threads are correct. The legal stuff I added because it is a good idea to.
There are other full auto and 5.7 rated suppressors in the 6 oz range. 10 oz seems rather excessive.

Do these have skirted baffles, or standard K baffles? When you say "the baffles are tight", what exactly do you mean? Are they tight in relation to the tube, in relation to each other, or in relation to the bore?

Do they have any sound meter data besides what I posted above? Anything showing actual dB reading, not just a generic dB reduction?

Baffles are tight in relation to each other. They more or less snap into each other in the baffle stack. The baffle interior diameter is only slightly larger than the bullet diameter. The baffles are very tight against the heavy SS wall of the can. There is no direct attachment points between the baffles and the can wall or ends. The baffles float. The baffles are reversed bell or expansion chamber type.Their website describes the sound reduction methodology.

www.eliteiron.com Echo 6". Hope this helps.

Baffles are tight in relation to each other. They more or less snap into each other in the baffle stack. The baffle interior diameter is only slightly larger than the bullet diameter. The baffles are very tight against the heavy SS wall of the can. There is no direct attachment points between the baffles and the can wall or ends. The baffles float. The baffles are reversed bell or expansion chamber type.Their website describes the sound reduction methodology.

www.eliteiron.com Echo 6". Hope this helps.
I get that Elite Iron seems to be your personal favorite suppressor manufacturer. If I were to hazard a guess, I bet you and the owner are best buds and go way back, or you've been using their suppressors for decades now...

The problem is that up until now I had yet to see you offer any real reasons why they are better than the competition. This thread is the closest you've come to explaining why you recommend them; you usually just drop a link to their website with no discussion added.

Unfortunately, all of the reasons you've provided don't hold water. Almost all of the major manufacturers offer something similar in both size and cost, but at 1/3 to 2/3 the weight. Just look at the Switchback, which is the topic of this thread. It weighs 6.4 oz, and is also full auto rated. It uses their "CTA" click together baffles, and the skirted baffle design helps keeps the tube clean and eases disassembly.

There is also little to no performance data available to for Elite Iron to back their suppression claims, whereas most modern suppressors have been independently tested by multiple sources. Again looking at the Switchback, they are currently claiming the best suppression on the market and have provided videos and independent testing to support their claims. I can find no such videos for any Elite Iron products.

When I recommend a suppressor, I do so based on the merits of the design. I back my recommendations with technical data, and also try to provide performance data or reviews when possible. I recommend what I think might be best for a specific application, not necessarily what I chose to purchase for myself.

Do I often recommend the same suppressors that I purchased? Yes, because I purchased them based on the same criteria I use to recommend them. Do I sometimes recommend a suppressor that I personally would not purchase? Yes, if it fits the person's needs. Again, I make fact-based recommendations based on what is currently available on the market, not just based on what I have chosen to purchase in the past.

For some reason, I get the feeling that you recommend Elite Iron just because that's what you use. I'm glad that you are happy with your suppressors, I really am. I'm sure at the time you purchased them they were a major contender, or possibly even the best on the market.

Unfortunately, I don't see that as enough of a reason to recommend them over a more modern design at this time.

Many things have changed in suppressor design over the years. New materials, new baffle designs, new modular designs, etc... Again, just look at the Switchback as a perfect example of this evolution. Better performance is now available in smaller, lighter packages. It's not meant to be a jab at your favorite suppressor manufacturer, but rather a more accurate look at the current state of the suppressor industry, and what new technology is currently available.

I just can't personally see recommending a 10 oz .22LR suppressor when there are some amazing designs out there in the 3-6 oz range that meet the same ratings, at the same price point. It's the same reason I can't see recommending their .30 caliber suppressors over a more modern design.

Their suppressors certainly seem robust, but the weight is the major limiting factor when compared to more modern suppressors. Just my personal opinion, of course.

Last Edited:
I do not know the owners. Only talked to them on the phone several times about 8 years ago. Their cans work. I for one do not see making such a big deal over a few ounces on a can that is only used to punch paper.

The Elite Iron 6" Echo can is used on the short barrel Ruger 10-22. Basically a fun gun with some use in the Valley popping recurring summer garden monsters. The dinky ones. A few bigger ones. Seems to work OK.

The Sig Mosquito also has an Elite Iron 6" Echo can. Also purchased about 7-8 years ago. The Bug Gun is just a fun gun. I have no connection with the company. Only a repeat happy customer. Hope this helps.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And BATFE Rules And Regulations Apply. Hopefully the above will answers your concerns. Cans are cans. I use Elite Iron. Others will disagree which is good. I am glad to see the rain.

That means we can safely shoot. :)

I for one do not see making such a big deal over a few ounces on a can that is only used to punch paper.
Weight matters, especially in regards to pistols.

Cans are cans.
I respectfully disagree. Given the time and cost involved, I always recommend a person choose the best option available, as it is essentially a lifetime investment.

I do sincerely apologize to everyone for the long-winded diatribe. I just happen to have a particular aversion to seeing something recommended solely on confirmation bias, rather than based on its individual merits.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top