JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a trip planned for big bear country this year. I believe I've settled on carrying my S&W69 44Magnum. I load my own for that gun and two of my loads I'm looking at are a Laser Cast SWC 240grain or a 240grain XTP hollow point. Both have their merits and I shoot both well out of this gun. I lack however actual experience with those bullets on game. Which would you choose to carry?

I've got a trip planned for big bear country this year. I believe I've settled on carrying my S&W69 44Magnum. I load my own for that gun and two of my loads I'm looking at are a Laser Cast SWC 240grain or a 240grain XTP hollow point. Both have their merits and I shoot both well out of this gun. I lack however actual experience with those bullets on game. Which would you choose to carry?
Since the round is WAY down on the power level for stopping one of the Brown family of Bear I would go for penetration over expansion. If one of the big ones come after you the head may be the only real "target" you get. Want something that will hopefully make it into that scull, not glance off and really piss them off.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top